Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
E40D question

here's the pics jr.
Attached Images

Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboywanabe View Post
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67nukeford View Post
Rob would probably hurt himself just being in the same room with tools.....LOL
Old 06-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Brain dead

dustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputationdustybumpers has a superb reputation
this is the shift solinoid pack I bought
Attached Images

Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Yes I do... I've been told on several occasions I should be on happy pills to make it possible for someone to live with me.
Quote:
Old 06-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Brain dead

this is the oil pan, not cleaned, so I know the trans isn't badly damaged
Attached Images

Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2010, 03:40 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

jr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to behold
well we talked on the phone -not the e4od ---it's an aod-e
member of the Boy you ain't Right club #4
President of the crap shooters club
Join the Maryland Chapter click HERE
Old 06-19-2010, 03:58 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

jr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to behold
hey charlie --i'm not there to look at it in person but in #1 & # 2 picture the fat white or beige wire looks like it's chafed and maybe making contact with the pan?????? you see it?
member of the Boy you ain't Right club #4
President of the crap shooters club
Join the Maryland Chapter click HERE
Old 06-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Brain dead

the tan/blue tracer, and it's puke green buddy that go over to wher the shift linkage comes in are smashed by the filter, to the point I want to do something with them before I close it up.I don't know what kind of repair to make though, being that it's going to be submerged in atf. Bud? HHHEEELLLPPP!!!!!!
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Hey friend..... you can buy stuff called "LIQUID TAPE" . It's real black, kinda thick, goo that works as electrical tape. Bet that would work. But you GOTTA make sure that the wire has been cleaned real good! Maybe clean it with rags real good and then use rubbing alcohol..... highest % you can find. 80% or better. Do not use the everyday 70%, too much water in it. I saw the Liquid Tape yesterday in Harbor Freight.

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 06-19-2010, 07:13 PM
Brain dead

I have some tape in a can, I thought the oil would eat it up.as far as the alcohol, is that for me? or the truck. after today I hope it's for me. old grandad 101 straight up please
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
I don't think you wanna drink RUBBING alcohol!!!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 07:38 AM
Posting Legend

Have you got this thing all back together yet, Charlie?

Old 06-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Brain dead

hahahaha, no, not yet, I have to take the valve body down to get the harness out, so it will be a great time to order the shift kit you sent me on the link. shift kit is NOT to bark the tires, but to make truck shift smoother, and better when loaded, or pulling a trailer.
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Posting Legend

Correct..... BTW, you ARE going to fill it with Mercon V (or whatever Ford is recommending now) aren't you?

Old 06-20-2010, 12:09 PM
Brain dead

absolutely, and 1 pint of lucas. your tranny is spread out all over the garage apron. it had clutch pack dirt in the servos, good cleaning and some new o rings, would be good as almost new. got to make a new tool too!!!!. going to post some pics in a new thread.
Charlie slackmaster #26
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-20-2010, 06:00 PM
Posting Legend

Hey, GREAT!!! Nice find!

Old 06-20-2010, 06:00 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter