Sponsored by: DP Tuner

F250 Wheelin

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 12:45 AM
Lloydable
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up F250 Wheelin

So usually, these trucks are used to tow toys out to go wheelin... but since I don't have a vehicle to tow...

Steps

Steps

Going up

Flexin!!

Cooking soup

I have more, but thats enough for now

oh yea, Duratracs are amazing tires!!

Old 06-18-2010, 02:59 AM
twags6
Cargo Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thats some pretty decent twisting. Looks like you still had the sway bar hooked up too.

Haha, how'd the turbo oven work?

Old 06-18-2010, 09:29 AM
Lloydable
Tuned
Originally Posted by twags6
Thats some pretty decent twisting. Looks like you still had the sway bar hooked up too.

I didn't have it spooled much on the way into camp, but the soup was fairly warm... just not hot...

It kind of worked

Old 06-18-2010, 09:38 AM
izzybird
Elder User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha, how'd the turbo oven work?[/QUOTE]

Love it! I get the strangest looks when I open the hood and pull out some warm breakfast tacos. Nothing wrong with trying to use up some of those wasted btu's.

Old 06-18-2010, 10:48 AM
Lloydable
Tuned
Originally Posted by izzybird
Love it! I get the strangest looks when I open the hood and pull out some warm breakfast tacos. Nothing wrong with trying to use up some of those wasted btu's.[/quote]

Exactly!!

Old 06-18-2010, 10:50 AM
itsjustdan26
Elder User
Tooooooooo Coooooooooooooooool! How do these trucks to offroad? I have yet to really try my offroading capibilities with this truck. My Range rocks goin off road. When you broke over the top on picture #5 did you scrape or did have to back down?

Old 06-18-2010, 11:01 AM
Lloydable
Tuned
Originally Posted by itsjustdan26
Tooooooooo Coooooooooooooooool! How do these trucks to offroad? I have yet to really try my offroading capibilities with this truck. My Range rocks goin off road. When you broke over the top on picture #5 did you scrape or did have to back down?
I am extremely impressed by its ability. I think its 9000 lbs actually helps it a ton. Obviously the main issue is that it is huge. Every turn has to be wider, and sometimes it is wider than the trail. But it is awesome having all that tourque in low range. Even with 373's it just idles over stuff. Its also awseome to be able to carry unlimited stuff and unlimited weight (in terms of coolers, fuel, and camping gear, and wood) and have it not even effect the suspension, power, or anything. This truck is amazing... The only vehicle I have ever had that can do more than I can throw at it!!!

I drove all of that with no touching and no scratching running 33's, The trail continue up to the left, so I didn't go back down it.

If you can maneuver these trucks around everything, it really goes where you point it.

I came out of this on stock bald tires too. Goopy mud half way up the doors.

I read a lot about the stock limited slips not working before I bough the truck. Well uh... I can vouche for the fact that they work....

I will have a lot more pictures this summer as soon as more snow melts. I will be taking it over shelf roads and passes in Colorado up to 13 and 14000 ft.

Super pumped on this truck, thats all I can say!!

Old 06-18-2010, 11:05 AM
itsjustdan26
Elder User
Damn dude....Thats some mud puddle lol. Im impressed that you didnt scrape bottom on that! Great drivin skills for sure. I need to find a mud pit and see what kinda mud I can sling. Thanks for the pictures!

Old 06-18-2010, 11:10 AM
izzybird
Elder User

Yes, they are quite capable trucks. I aree, I can put mine in 4lo throw it in granny gear(mines standard) get out and walk next to it as it lugs it's way up and over most anything! Same out in the field, unlocked front hubs, 4lo, granny, get out walk next to it throwing square bales in the bed. Don't know if you've buried yours in mud yet, but all that weight isn't so good anymore trying to extract one of these beasts.

Old 06-18-2010, 11:18 AM
kccatpower
Senior User
where at in colorado are you wheeln?

Old 06-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Lloydable
Tuned
Originally Posted by itsjustdan26
Damn dude....Thats some mud puddle lol. Im impressed that you didnt scrape bottom on that! Great drivin skills for sure. I need to find a mud pit and see what kinda mud I can sling. Thanks for the pictures!
GIT ER DONE!!!

Originally Posted by izzybird
Yes, they are quite capable trucks. I aree, I can put mine in 4lo throw it in granny gear(mines standard) get out and walk next to it as it lugs it's way up and over most anything! Same out in the field, unlocked front hubs, 4lo, granny, get out walk next to it throwing square bales in the bed. Don't know if you've buried yours in mud yet, but all that weight isn't so good anymore trying to extract one of these beasts.
I wish mine was standard for wheeling and towing, but the rest of the time i don't mind the automatic. Thats cool I haven't gotten out and walked next to mine yet... Well actually thats not true. I was afraid i was going to run out of fule coming across the boarder of Mexico and walked next to it in traffic refueling It was in Tijuana too, so all the vendors were staring at me like I was crazy as I weeved around them inbetween the lanes.

I got it stuck in the snow. A winch is my next purcahse hopefully. At least then I will have some chance of extraction

Originally Posted by kccatpower
where at in colorado are you wheeln?
This was down by Grand Junction next to Billings Canyon.

I love Mosquito pass, Vail winter recreation area, Aspen to Crested Butte on Taylor Pass, All the wheeling down by Lake City in the San Juans, and by Buena vista... I still ahve some more exploring to do, but I love being out in the woods!