Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arkansas Chapter Join Chapter Leader: tojoski

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2010, 12:57 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.tojoski has a very good reputation on FTE.
Talking Welcome to the chapter: BUT

We have a new member, Welcome: BUT

Is that an acronym for something?

- My Garage -

Arkansas Chapter Leader - Join Here
Old 06-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Diesel Junky

mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.mechmagcn has a good reputation on FTE.
Welcome to the chapter, But........... come on in and join the fun.

1953 F100 PU "Someday"

Lincoln Town Car front clip

5 cyl Mercedes turbo diesel/auto

It Runs! It Even Moves!
Old 06-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Welcome!

Joe, it could be shorthand for something.
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 06-18-2010, 01:38 PM

cookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant futurecookie88 has a brilliant future
f250juggernaut
Big Ugly Truck would be my guess.......since his garage photo is titled "big ugly".

At any rate, welcome to the club!
79 Bronco Ranger XLT.. used be the driver, now waiting to become the project.
96 Grand Marquis LS... 25 mpg commuter
Old 06-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Freshman User

BUT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Deffinately Big Ugly Truck

I had a big job to do and my old 69 bronco couldn't handle it. I sold the bronco and got my F350 idi plus a 40' trailer and the diesel to go to maine and haul an oversize boat back to Arkansas.
Now I'm sold on my idi. When I got it my wife told me I was getting ripped off. Now that I'm back from 4000 miles across 11 states and lots of hills. I don't care how ugly this truck is. It is a working son of a gun.
If I could just get a few details ironed out, I'm sure I'll get another couple of hundred K miles out of it. Then I'll be heading south on my boat and I won't need a truck anymore.
Thanks for the welcome here. I don't get on all the time but have gotten some good advice and think this is a good place to figure out some of the odd little questions that pop up.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Postmaster

zhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to allzhilton is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUT View Post
I sold the bronco and got my F350 idi plus a 40' trailer and the diesel to go to maine and haul an oversize boat back to Arkansas.
That must be some kind of boat to need a 40' trailer. So the PSD came about mid-year on the '94 MY? I always thought it was from the get go, but then I remember there was a couple '03 that had either (A) the 7.3L or (B) 6.0L PSD....so I guess it was one of those you had an option between two different diesel mills in '94?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUT View Post
Then I'll be heading south on my boat and I won't need a truck anymore.
Not knowing the leaks, but if the truck is in reasonable good shape I think I'd hold onto it anyway...even if you think you don't need it anymore. Though since the price of diesel has swung to the high side of the fuel spectrum compared to how it used to be 5-6 years ago...I don't blame you. Just in case you didn't know...the IDI motors are great candidates for alternative fuels (B100, WVO, SVO).
2004 F250 6.0L 2WD CC "Pavement Princess"
2007 Monaco Starwood SL 31BHD
2012 Focus SEL (Wife's ride)
Old 06-22-2010, 10:35 AM
Senior User

bill henry is starting off with a positive reputation.
Welcome to the club big ugly.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:35 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Arkansas Chapter