Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > South Carolina Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

South Carolina Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Posting Guru

AndeyHall is starting off with a positive reputation.
OffRoad Diesel in Upstate SC ?

Does anyone know what the laws are in South Carolina for running offroad diesel in a regular highway pickup? Actually, I know what the laws are...its illegal...but what is the fining system? I know some states give like a $200 fine for the first offense, then it starts getting pretty steep from there on out. Anyways, does SC work like this? Thanks for any help.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:36 AM
Senior User

DAT2109 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I don't know the fines, nor have I seen anyone filling up their truck tank at the pump. Do they even check for this here?
Old 06-19-2010, 08:58 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT2109 View Post
I don't know the fines, nor have I seen anyone filling up their truck tank at the pump. Do they even check for this here?
I think the State Transport Police are the only ones who check. The Highway Patrol might check I don't know. From what I've seen, the only time you run a risk of gettin caught is if you're on the interstate. But if South Carolina's fining system is anything like other states that I've heard, then the first offense fine is worth trying to get away with it.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Senior User

DAT2109 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've been thinking about using waste oil and converting it to bioD but have not started yet. Becareful if you try it.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:43 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAT2109 View Post
I've been thinking about using waste oil and converting it to bioD but have not started yet. Becareful if you try it.
I thought about trying out the biodiesel thing, but can't you only run a very low percentage of it in with regular diesel? I was thinking I had heard that. And if that's the case, I don't think it would be worth the hassle to make.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:43 PM