Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-15-2010, 10:24 PM
Postmaster

Peter94 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Peter94 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Good Place to Rent Near Allen Park

Just wondering if anyone has any inside info on good places to rent. I am doing my internship right now with Ford, and in the event I would be offered a full time position I would be looking for a place to rent. Right now I am at Fountain Park North in Southgate. It is a nice place, however if my GF and I move down here from MN, we would like a place that is in a nice neighborhood (gated community?) and has a deck/patio that we can grill on. Maybe even a garage or something.

Any Ideas anyone?

Old 06-15-2010, 10:49 PM
Elder User

soundwave is starting off with a positive reputation.
Depending on how much you have to spend, you may even want to look at renting a house. There are a lot for rent out there.
Past trucks:1) Black two tone grey, loaded 2007 F-150 XLT Supercab 4X4 with the chrome package!2) 1995 2WD Yellow Ranger Splash Supercab 3) 1999 4X4, Red Ranger Sport Flareside Supercab, 4) 2004 Sonic Blue FX4 Ranger

Old 06-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Postmaster

Peter94 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Peter94 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I was actually thinking about that. At first I was expecting to pay about 700/month. Hoever i've done some shopping around, and besides the place i'm at now I havent been able to find anything decent for that. So I guess I would probably go as high as 1,000/month. I would honestly like to just buy a house out in the country with about 5 acres of land, however I dont want to jump in a house right away, then find out I dont like my new job (if I am offered) and then be SOL with a house payment.

My inital plan is to rent for at least a year or 2 depending on how things go. However I want to find a place that is nice and that I can stand for 2 years. Out of 4 apartments i've lived in, only 1 has been one that is worth spending any amount of time in. It was the only 1 with a patio that we spend alot of time grilling outside and just checking out the stars together (GF and I). So that is pretty important to us.

At this point I am willing to pay a little more to get something that I will like, and live somewhere that I dont have to pull the pioneer radio and edge programmer out of my truck in fear of having it stolen.

Is the country southwest of here any good? I saw a pretty nice house here 22900 Carleton West Rd, Sumpter Twp, MI, 48111 - MLS #29119793 - Single Family Home real estate - REALTOR.com® but I dont know anything about Sumpter TWP. I dont want to move somewhere that I will have a bunch of hillbillies for neighbors who will steal my stuff

Old 06-15-2010, 11:09 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter

Tags
allen, areas, f150, good, live, month, park, rent, truck