Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Grandpa's Ford get Pimped!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 03:26 PM
86F150302
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry but I don't think you will be getting my vote. Your only post on this website is to help you win money.. You haven't done anything to help us out so why should we? Just because you own a Ford truck? Maybe if you were on this site before this contest was happening. The only reason you joined this site was to win a contest. Plus you post in the 87-96 forum when your truck is a 78? Shows all you care about is votes.

Sorry. Good luck.

Old 06-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Grandpa's Ford
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
86F150302 I am sorry you feel that way, but I just bought this truck and this is the first exposure I have had to the forum. If you decide not to vote for me that is fine, this is just a fun aspect of things. Whether I win or not, once I have the opportunity to crawl under my dashboard to find the short in my gauges or the how to install the manual choke on my carb, you better believe I am coming to the forum for everyone extensive knowledge.

But if you would like me to stop posting in 'your' forum, let me know. I am not of the means financally to be able to fix this truck myself and if I can get a little boost from a silly little contest, whats the harm?

If I have offended anyone else, please let me know, that is by not means my intent.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:03 PM
kaduh
Senior User
Voted for you, but couldn't tell what place you're in. Good luck, I hope you win.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:09 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Voted for ya!

I think that you're in third now, but I'm not sure...

Old 06-15-2010, 04:12 PM
Hitokori
Posting Guru
how about some pictures of the truck.... xD and yea i was thinking spam when i saw this... and i still kinda am....

what are the chances of u winning the 10k and buying something else.... ;P

im with 86F150302 i wish you luck on winning

but just coming here for personal gains just doesnt seem fair especially to do it then not support the forum...

but by all means if u get in the top 2 ill vote if u post some pics of the truck

Old 06-15-2010, 04:16 PM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Wow. What's with the ugliness?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I found this site when I needed something, too.

I forgot how many years ago, and how many posts ago.

I'm still here...and a chapter leader...and I no longer own the truck that I needed help with when I found FTE.

Sheesh. It doesn't seem to be that being "difficult" is the best way to build FTE.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:33 PM
danr1
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I gotta agree with 86F150302, your coming here fishing for votes is just plain wrong, one could say unsportsmanlike like even.

I'd think that contest was intended for listeners of that local radio station, and all votes cast by "listeners" to determine a winner.

One could call it Dirty pool "cheating" posting to nation wide board or boards on the internet asking those to vote for your truck simply because its a Ford.

Are the Chevy owners doing it? are all the contestants doing it? If not its no longer a level playing field.

I briefly read over the rules, not many listed, and while it didn't appear to state it specifically was not allowed doesn't make doing it right. Probably just something not considered and or just didn't see a need to add in the verbiage covering such a thing.

It does however clearly state "listeners will vote".

The Pimp My Pile contest will accept online photograph entries beginning on May 17th and ending on May 28th. Listeners will vote online for which ride they feel needs to be pimped from June 3rd through June 18th. Grand prize winner will be announced on June 21st during the KFAT Morning Chaos.

How many guys here you think actually listen to KFAT 92.9 FM in Alaska on a regular basis? Couple maybe? if that?

I know I don't I live in Michigan, sure I could via the net but why would I?

I think when they figure out what you're doing, pretty good chance they will with today's technology, you'll likely be disqualified because of it.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Slip ford man
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by danr1
I gotta agree with 86F150302, your coming here fishing for votes is just plain wrong, one could say unsportsmanlike like even.

I'd think that contest was intended for listeners of that local radio station, and all votes cast by "listeners" to determine a winner.

One could call it Dirty pool "cheating" posting to nation wide board or boards on the internet asking those to vote for your truck simply because its a Ford.

Are the Chevy owners doing it? are all the contestants doing it? If not its no longer a level playing field.

I briefly read over the rules, not many listed, and while it didn't appear to state it specifically was not allowed doesn't make doing it right. Probably just something not considered and or just didn't see a need to add in the verbiage covering such a thing.

The Pimp My Pile contest will accept online photograph entries beginning on May 17th and ending on May 28th. Listeners will vote online for which ride they feel needs to be pimped from June 3rd through June 18th. Grand prize winner will be announced on June 21st during the KFAT Morning Chaos.

How many guys here you think actually listen to KFAT 92.9 FM in Alaska on a regular basis? Couple maybe? if that?

I think when they figure out what you're doing, pretty good chance they will with today's technology, you'll likely be disqualified because of it.

tcbofade's post made alot of sence to me, but your post has now pushed me to your way of looking at this...I'm happy that I did'nt vote there, and I'm so confused now

Old 06-15-2010, 04:57 PM
zxwut?
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 86F150302
Sorry but I don't think you will be getting my vote. Your only post on this website is to help you win money.. You haven't done anything to help us out so why should we? Just because you own a Ford truck? Maybe if you were on this site before this contest was happening. The only reason you joined this site was to win a contest. Plus you post in the 87-96 forum when your truck is a 78? Shows all you care about is votes.

Sorry. Good luck.
Originally Posted by Hitokori
how about some pictures of the truck.... xD and yea i was thinking spam when i saw this... and i still kinda am....

what are the chances of u winning the 10k and buying something else.... ;P

im with 86F150302 i wish you luck on winning

but just coming here for personal gains just doesnt seem fair especially to do it then not support the forum...

but by all means if u get in the top 2 ill vote if u post some pics of the truck

Originally Posted by Slip ford man
tcbofade's post made alot of sence to me, but your post has now pushed me to your way of looking at this...I'm happy that I did'nt vote there, and I'm so confused now
What a dick. Are you jealous that someone else is going to get something and you're not
Who cares if he takes the 10k and blows it all on the truck or hookers and blow? Help out another guy or don't; there's no need to hop in his thread and start stinking it up.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Slip ford man
Posting Guru
I'm sticking with my original gut feeling and new direction...it's a fair play thing for me

Old 06-15-2010, 05:16 PM
Hitokori
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by zxwut?
What a dick. Are you jealous that someone else is going to get something and you're not
Who cares if he takes the 10k and blows it all on the truck or hookers and blow? Help out another guy or don't; there's no need to hop in his thread and start stinking it up.

HA! u just stunk it up.... with ur name calling

Old 06-15-2010, 05:20 PM
danr1
Lead Driver
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I showed no disrespect or animosity for anyone either way, I only posted my opinion, in fact "Grandpa's Ford" had asked for same in post #32.

Guess I/we won't be getting the same consideration from you?

Old 06-15-2010, 05:35 PM
Q in Sac
Junior User
I hope you win......

I voted for Big Red. I hope you win.

Old 06-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Grandpa's Ford
Junior User
I have read all of the posts that have come in on what you all think my intentions are and you are all entitled to your opinion. I just got introduced to this forum and I in no way meant to seem like a user. The title of my truck shows that I became the owner of this truck less than one month ago, so I am new to this. Looking at those who think I am using everyone, they have a ' high rank' and longevity as part of this forum, so I will defer to them.

As for playing dirty poll, there was nothing in the rules that said votes had to come from Anchorage or radio station listeners. So don't call me a cheater. My friends, family and coworkers have gone and voted for me besides the good folks here on the forum. I have followed all the rules, it is even my daily driver.

At this point as to not to further disrupt the feel and intent of the forum, I will no longer be posting on this forum unless I have a question regarding a Ford truck that meets spec.

Old 06-15-2010, 06:33 PM
AlaskanEx
Bleed Ford Blue

Received 128 Likes on 43 Posts

i listen to the station and i dont think its "cheating" seeing as how theres posts on craigs list and other sites that the other contestants(sp) are doing the same thing..trying to get votes.

see below
PLEASE HELP ME...

Quick Reply: Help Grandpa's Ford get Pimped!