1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Grandpa's Ford get Pimped!

Old 06-17-2010, 01:57 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey GP, instead of duct tape for the window, once you try and get it back to shape seal it with some silicone. Which even without trying to get it back to shape would work

Old 06-17-2010, 03:15 PM
glennemay
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by plumber01
I have a feeling they are not automatic on the votes to move places, I bet in reality he is closer than 4th.

I hope so. Would be nice to see someone win one of these that actually has some feeling in the ride. Most of the schmucks that take contests like this either don't need the money, or don't care about the car.

G

Old 06-17-2010, 04:32 PM
Grandpa's Ford
Junior User
Thanks Rollerstud98, it wouldn't be the first time caulking has been used on Big Red. The roof seams have some from the rollover, the marker lights, and the pass. wing window! So the back window wouldn't stand out too much! I still may try to reset the window, but if gets too out of hand early on, I will go for the silicone treatment.

Funny story about Silicone. My cousin maintains gas stations and had a guy up in the canopy over the pumps, cleaning out the gutters and fixing a leak. With the gas station full of customers, the guy leans over the side and yelled to my cousin twice, "I need some more black caulk up here!" Needless to say, the guy didn't show his face until all of the people who heard it had left. The english language can really work against you some days!

Old 06-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Furian
You Keep What You Kill
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Grandpa's Ford
So there is a new wrinkle in the contest I was not aware of. I was not aware deal because the radio in my truck doesn't function and I don't get much radio time at work, so I didn't hear it until this morning when I got a chance to tune in.

The voting ends on the Friday, what time is still a mystery, I am guessing midnight Alaska time. Then on Monday between 6am and 10am, the radio station will take the top 10 vehicles and between the show hosts and the sponsors, the guys doing the work on the vehicle, they will vote on which one they want to work on. That seems nutty to me and I didn't see that spelled out in the official rules. What the rules do state is, "The grand prize winner will be selected and announced on-air on June 21st during the KFAT Morning Chaos."

So here is my new plan. I am going to keep shooting for the number one spot, that will have some creditibilty. Especially since I started in 35th place! I will write up a statement and try to get on the air on Monday morning. I will give a brief description of the truck (may have to get sappy) and also list the number of views and posts on the FTE forum. And hope for the best. It does provide a little comfort that I don't have be number 1 in order to win, but it sure wouldn't hurt!

Thank you again for all of your support!
I don't know if I would mention FTE... the radio station may disqualify you if they see that people voted more than once.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:42 PM
arctic y block
Post Fiend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thanks Rollerstud98, it wouldn't be the first time caulking has been used on Big Red. The roof seams have some from the rollover, the marker lights, and the pass. wing window! So the back window wouldn't stand out too much! I still may try to reset the window, but if gets too out of hand early on, I will go for the silicone treatment.

Funny story about Silicone. My cousin maintains gas stations and had a guy up in the canopy over the pumps, cleaning out the gutters and fixing a leak. With the gas station full of customers, the guy leans over the side and yelled to my cousin twice, "I need some more black caulk up here!" Needless to say, the guy didn't show his face until all of the people who heard it had left. The english language can really work against you some days!
Now that right there that's funny

Old 06-17-2010, 05:49 PM
glennemay
Senior User

Well since we are on funny stories. This has nothing to do with trucks but it's a great one.

6 years ago my wife and I went to my sisters wedding in Florida. We were forced out of my sisters house due to excessive company staying so we decided to buy a tent. Being from New England Dicks Sporting goods is the common place to purchase such items. At the time, we were unsure if the chain had expanded to Florida.

So she decides to walk into my sisters house with a kitchen full of people (Mostly Floridians) and bellow out " Hey, aren't there any Dicks in Florida?"

Needless to say, live it down -- she has not!

bump

G

Old 06-17-2010, 06:03 PM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by glennemay

Well since we are on funny stories. This has nothing to do with trucks but it's a great one.

6 years ago my wife and I went to my sisters wedding in Florida. We were forced out of my sisters house due to excessive company staying so we decided to buy a tent. Being from New England Dicks Sporting goods is the common place to purchase such items. At the time, we were unsure if the chain had expanded to Florida.

So she decides to walk into my sisters house with a kitchen full of people (Mostly Floridians) and bellow out " Hey, aren't there any Dicks in Florida?"

Needless to say, live it down -- she has not!

bump

G
That is a funny story, I wonder what the replies were?

Old 06-17-2010, 06:06 PM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Just checked again, looks like boy blue went back to first from dropping to 2nd earlier
MORE VOTES PLEASE.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:20 PM
bill11012
Modular motor junkie
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by glennemay
" Hey, aren't there any Dicks in Florida?"

Old 06-17-2010, 08:27 PM
DAVE67FD
Fleet Mechanic
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My vote is in
good luck

Old 06-18-2010, 05:05 AM
glennemay
Senior User
Holy Crap!!!! We need to get more votes up there for Grandad!!! A CAR has not taken the lead as #1 and the rightful winner is sitting steady at 4.

Gurantee if "Gorgeous George" wins this, she's gonna slam it with 2000 watts of stereo and a video game console.. Damn, Just what we would need, some teenage chick trying to play X box while tooling down the road..

Thank god I live on the other coast!!!!

C'mone folks, not only is it a Car that's winning, it's a GM, We can't have that now!!

Old 06-18-2010, 09:37 AM
Mr-Pipeline
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Big Red needs more votes...I already voted, how about you?

Old 06-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Grandpa's Ford
Junior User
Good Morning FTE. This is the final day of voting and Big Red is holding steady in 4th place. I worked my coworkers again last night at work and then spent two hours on Facebook today getting the family and friends to get the last minute vote out. But please don't freak out with I don't reach the number one spot, the number 1 vehicle does not automatically win. I posted this a few days back and I confirmed it by calling the radio station management:

"So there is a new wrinkle in the contest I was not aware of. I was not aware because the radio in my truck doesn't function and I don't get much radio time at work, so I didn't hear it until this morning when I got a chance to tune in.

The voting ends on the Friday, what time is still a mystery, I am guessing midnight Alaska time. Then on Monday between 6am and 10am, the radio station will take the top 10 vehicles and between the show hosts and the sponsors, the guys doing the work on the vehicle, they will vote on which one they want to work on. That seems nutty to me and I didn't see that spelled out in the official rules. What the rules do state is, "The grand prize winner will be selected and announced on-air on June 21st during the KFAT Morning Chaos."

So at this point I am going to try to maintain 4th with the possibility of moving up. I have a hunch that the votes coming in on the top three are probably numerous votes by a few people working around the IP address tracking. I do have a plan for Monday morning, but don't want to let that part out of the bag quite yet!

Thank you again for all of the support. I will post throughout today, but will be out fishing for red salmon on Saturday and Sunday (if fish and game doesn't shut the river down again).

Old 06-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Grandpa's Ford
Junior User
Good Evening everyone, it is true, Big Red has slipped to 5th place behind the GM crew. I have worked every angle I can to get more votes, but I have hit the wall. Shortly I have to leave for my second job and won't be able to get in front of a computer until after midnight. So I will leave the contest in your capable hands. If you can drum up a few people to vote, great, if not I understand, its Friday and time to relax. I can't thank you all enough for your support and I look forward to a long relationship with FTE members. The Towing Cowboy is right, a little prayer won't hurt either!

A few of my competition are roaming for wifi connections with laptops so they can vote numerous time before the deadline. I didn't need to cheat in order to make the top ten, and I am confident that I have a good chance of winning. Plus Karma can be a real bugger sometimes!

I will post the results as soon as they annouce the winner on Monday. I have a plan for Monday, but I will tell you about it Monday.

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend,
Grandpa's Ford, aka Big Red and Kurt from Alaska!

Old 06-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Grandpa's Ford
Junior User
The results are in and Rig Red was not selected for Pimp my Pile. Much to the distaste of the Ford truck world, the blue Blazer won with 600 votes, it beat out the 2<SUP>nd</SUP> place by 1 vote. They did not mention were everyone placed, but I will assume that Big Red maintained 5<SUP>th</SUP> place. The guy who won is a soldier at the near by Air Force base and I know military guys don’t make a lot of money, so he will benefit greatly from this contest.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
While it is a bummer to have put forth a lot of energy, and not win, such is life. I have a great truck with a long history in our family and it will remain in our family. I will start working on few of the minor issues such as the leaking back window, the gauge short, and the non-functional stereo. The larger issues will be dealt with as finances allow. The mechanics will come first and someday the body will get a facelift!
<o></o>
Most importantly, I need to thank everyone on the forum for your support and good wishes. Your posts on Help Grandpa’s Ford get Pimped were awesome and inspired me to continue on in this contest. I have already read a bunch of posts and threads that will benefit me in the future and as I learn more about my truck, I hope to be able to provide knowledge to those who need it.
<o></o>
Thanks again for all of your support and I will be seeing you all soon when I jump into my projects!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help Grandpa's Ford get Pimped!