Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-2015 Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2010, 08:46 AM
Junior User

Scorpion2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I've been looking at the various post's for steering stabilizer and was wondering if anyone has added one? Did it make a big difference in how the truck tracks? This is my first pickup and I would like to reduce the truck wandering when I'm on a bumpy or dipped surface.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:59 AM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion2 View Post
I've been looking at the various post's for steering stabilizer and was wondering if anyone has added one? Did it make a big difference in how the truck tracks? This is my first pickup and I would like to reduce the truck wandering when I'm on a bumpy or dipped surface.
I know all about wandering on the road. I had a 2000 Excursion that was notorious for it and it was a pain for the 4 years that I drove it. I was so pleased with the new SD's straight line tracking right after I picked it up but was horrified to have the wandering come back after adding the leveling kit. There was no way I was going to live with that again. For me, correcting the caster angle returned the straight-tracking ways of the truck. I did not add an extra steering damper but I can see how someone would want one in certain circumstances. Mostly when going at speed over very bumpy surfaces. An extra damper would be nice there.
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 12-01-2010, 06:53 PM
New User

platinum09 is starting off with a positive reputation.
leveling kit

Was wondering what are the effects of mpg since the lift?
Old 12-01-2010, 07:11 PM
Senior User

11350KINGRANCH is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinekw View Post
Has anyone bought the readylift 2.5 inch leveling kit. It has a track bar relocate bracket wih looks like t would help. here is a link to the product in question.
ReadyLift 2011 Ford F350 Super Duty 2.5" Leveling Kit
I think I'm going with the ready lift. The track bar relocation bracket caught my eye when I was looking at kits.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Postmaster

720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future720Deere has a brilliant future
Relocating the track bar is highly over-rated. I would much rather spend the extra money on a kit that gives you new coils that provide a better ride Based on my experience with leveling kits on these trucks, I would say getting the castor back into spec is the most important thing.

I had zero tire wear or steering alignment issues on my 06 without relocating the track bar. It is also extremely difficult for anybody to notice the 3/8" that a 2.5" leveling kit shifts the axle to the left. Don't get me wrong, relocating the track bar mount is not a bad thing, I just feel that it's not necessary for a budget minded consumer.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Postmaster

EpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud ofEpicCowlick has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by 720Deere View Post
Relocating the track bar is highly over-rated. I would much rather spend the extra money on a kit that gives you new coils that provide a better ride Based on my experience with leveling kits on these trucks, I would say getting the castor back into spec is the most important thing.

I had zero tire wear or steering alignment issues on my 06 without relocating the track bar. It is also extremely difficult for anybody to notice the 3/8" that a 2.5" leveling kit shifts the axle to the left. Don't get me wrong, relocating the track bar mount is not a bad thing, I just feel that it's not necessary for a budget minded consumer.
Deere is exactly right. Very difficult to even tell the shift of the front axle. You can tell however, that the steering wheel is off by about a half a degree. That can be corrected by simply readjusting the steering wheel itself. By the way, anyone know how to remove the steering wheel?
2" leveling kit/Rancho 9000XL shocks & dual stabilizer/B&W Hitch/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags/Air Lift Wireless On-board compressor/Viar on-board compressor & train horn/Titan 50 gallon tank/Line-X Bedliner/Door Seal Mod
Old 12-01-2010, 10:36 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum09 View Post
Was wondering what are the effects of mpg since the lift?
I installed the leveling kit very soon after I picked up the truck. I don't have any data on whether or not it affected the mileage. I'd be surprised if it would have any effect at all.
Old 12-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Senior User

OK. I figured out what I'm going to do with mine after talking with Bilstein for a while. I just bought the 2" Auto Spring leveling kit and am going to put the Bilstein 5160 remote reservoir shocks on. Bilstein said that the 5100's would make the truck ride better than stock, but the 5160's would ride noticeably better than the 5100's. The 5160's have a longer range of motion due to the remote reservoir and will work on our trucks with up to a 2 1/4" lift. The hard part is going to be finding a good price on them.
Here are the Bilstein part numbers:
front: BR5H075H0
rear: BR5H076H0
Old 12-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Junior User

Please pass on any pricing you find on these. Any reason you went with Auto Spring vs Ready Lift.
Old 12-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion2 View Post
Please pass on any pricing you find on these. Any reason you went with Auto Spring vs Ready Lift.
I went with Auto Spring because I did not want to go 2.5." The 2" gives me some room for 35's, but will still leave the rear of the truck higher than the front for towing. Plus, the Auto was $79 shipped while the Ready is around $400.

As far as the Bilstein shocks, the cheapest I've been able to find them so far is $195 each. I'm going to just buy the front shocks for now and get the rear shocks later.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:17 AM
Junior User

I have a 250, so I think I need to raise the rear also. I do have Ride Rite Air Springs and could just put more air in them, but the ride will be rougher.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:17 AM
Senior User

Big-Sarge is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
I installed the leveling kit very soon after I picked up the truck. I don't have any data on whether or not it affected the mileage. I'd be surprised if it would have any effect at all.
Epic,
You have cost me so much damn money on this site!! YOU...with your fancy leveling kits, new tires, and titan fuel tank!! You "Make" me have to buy everything you have! Damn you!!!

Seriously....thanks for all the informative posts!

Mike
Old 12-03-2010, 08:49 AM
Postmaster

LOL, just doing my part for the economic recovery. spend... spend... SPEND.....
Old 12-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Posting Guru

porthole has a good reputation on FTE.porthole has a good reputation on FTE.porthole has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicCowlick View Post
I have an Equalizer hitch so it is apparently taking up the weight on the back.
Since the new trucks have their rated towing capacity without an equalizer have you tried it that way yet?

Old 12-03-2010, 10:36 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by porthole View Post
Since the new trucks have their rated towing capacity without an equalizer have you tried it that way yet?
Yes Port, I have run without the Equalizer and it pulls/tracks just fine. I can see how a lot of guys would be totally OK without one. In my case, I like the extra margin of rigidity and the sway control when semis pass or in heavy side winds. When I get seriously off-road, I have to disconnect it to keep the rear wheels on the ground.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:36 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
04, 2, 2011, escape, f150, f250, ford, front, inch, kit, kits, leveling, purpose, ranger, truck