Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-11-2010, 06:59 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Road Trip!

Mike and I will be leaving my place at 0500 tomorrow for K Falls to get his "new" 65 F-100! We will get to meet Ed (WarOzz) for the first time and looking forward to meeting another Chapter member. Since there will be 3 chapter members does this mean it's a mini-GTG?

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 06-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Elder User

oldbrokecowboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Please convey my greetings to OZZ and have a safe trip. Jeff
Old 06-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Posting Guru

WarOzz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
They made it here ok, got the truck loaded up and headed back. Mike looked so happy in his new pickup, can't wait to see it when they get it all done! Hope you guys made it back ok!

Ed
1975 F250 Camper Special - Soon To Be Transformed!
Old 06-14-2010, 07:46 AM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Wow! What a trip..........Left at 0500 and got home at 2400...........The trip down was great. Sunshine and hardly any traffic. Got to Ed's place and got the pickup loaded, then spent 2 hours BSing with Ed. Great guy! Welcome in my home anytime!

The trip home wasn't quite so good........Damn near got in 2 wrecks!

The first happened just north of Bend. Hwy 97 has lots of "passing" lanes to keep congestion to a minimum. I had my turn signal on to merge right, and a late model corvette shot past me on the RIGHT on the shoulder! Scared the crap out of me! The second time, same thing, but at a different passing lane. The second time I was doing the same thing ( right signal on, merging right) I was watching a jacked up suburban in my mirror's when it disappeared. Next thing I know, Miked yelled out and damn near jumped in my lap! The stupid woman driver was along side me on the right shoulder! Mike could have knocked on her drivers window she was so close, and she had a bunch of kids with her!!!

An hour later my heart was still pounding.... Buy the time we got to Grass Valley we where getting low on diesel and the gas station was CLOSED! So we went on to Moro, and the gas station is GONE! Now we are REALLY low on fuel..........When I got up the last long hill after Moro I put the truck in neutral and COASTED the last 16 miles to Biggs in idle......
When we got to the truck stop in Biggs and fuelled up it took 29.61 gallons. I had less than a half a gallon of fuel left...........

All in all it was a good trip though, and well worth it. Mike is extremely happy with his "new" 65, and we made it home alive!

Old 06-14-2010, 08:40 AM
FTE Chapter Leader

sddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputationsddesigns has a superb reputation
Yes, that counted as a GTG if you have pictures, otherwise you know the rules, no pictures, it didn't happen...LOL
Old 06-14-2010, 11:39 AM
Post Fiend

bertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to behold
Wow, you have to watch to morrons around Bend on the time, that part of 97 from Bend to Madras can be a killer. To many transplants here that do not know what to do with a 2 lane hi-way.
1980 Bronco with 460 Gone but not to far!!
1976 F250 4X4 Custom with 429
Oregon Chapter Member: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 06-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Yeah, tread carefully in Bend.......The locals are outnumbered 3-1 by Cali transplants that CAN NOT drive.......but they do so at 75mph!......I hear its especially entertaining after a good snow!
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......492,000 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 06-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Posting Guru

WarOzz is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sorry to hear ya had a bad trip home Don, sounds like 97 almost got ya! As for the pictures damn!!! I thought about it right after you guys left, only pic I got was one of the truck up on the trailer. Guess I will just have to come visit you guys and get some pictures lol.
1975 F250 Camper Special - Soon To Be Transformed!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarOzz View Post
Sorry to hear ya had a bad trip home Don, sounds like 97 almost got ya! As for the pictures damn!!! I thought about it right after you guys left, only pic I got was one of the truck up on the trailer. Guess I will just have to come visit you guys and get some pictures lol.
It wasn't a bad trip Ed, just a little exciting...lol

I had my camera with me also and didn't take ONE picture.............

Old 06-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Postmaster

kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.
Maybe Oregon needs to get better border patrol laws like Arizona, haha. Lets keep them Californians on their side of the border.

1962 Ford F100 flat bed 4x4, 223, 4spd.
1962 Ford F100 Unibody with Olds 330 & Jetaway
1944 Ford GPW (Jeep) with 1947-48 Willys L-134
To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 06-15-2010, 02:51 PM
Posting Guru

892504x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.892504x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.892504x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.892504x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Don't forget about them Washingtonians. They only drive two way's around here slow and super fast with no idea where they are going. Don sounds like you were the better driver and was able to avoid them.
The other is as if everything is. "
~ Albert Einstein~
Old 06-15-2010, 03:36 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by 892504x4 View Post
Don't forget about them Washingtonians. They only drive two way's around here slow and super fast with no idea where they are going. Don sounds like you were the better driver and was able to avoid them.
I like the Washington plates on high end foreign cars, going north on I-5.......Obviously Cali transplants going back to their "new" home in Seattle.......85mph, left lane, right lane, slow down to 55 and talk on their cellphone, back up to 90mph only to pull off a the next rest stop. then they pass you again 20 miles later at 90 mph only to pull off at the next town with a fast food joint..............I love it when I see the OSP Crown Vic pulling them over!
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......492,000 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 06-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabmandelux View Post
It wasn't a bad trip Ed, just a little exciting...lol

I had my camera with me also and didn't take ONE picture.............
Back to CL training school for you Don!

Rest in peace STEVE, STEVEBRICKS, my west coast brother. 08/06/14
Old 06-15-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glruff View Post
Back to CL training school for you Don!
Wow! Does that mean I'm fired, and can get my life back?

Old 06-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Where did you see the word fired typed.

Read small print in your contract, it sez F O R L I F E! lol

Rest in peace STEVE, STEVEBRICKS, my west coast brother. 08/06/14
Old 06-15-2010, 07:33 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter

Tags
1962, bronco, early, f100, ford, osp, road, trip, unibody