Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Colorado Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: RIKIL

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-07-2010, 01:22 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

decker64 is starting off with a positive reputation.
'03 F-350 SB Bed Pan

I did some searching on this but have not found anything specific enough for what I'm doing. I just spent $3K on exterior body work on my truck. The plan then was to pull the drop in liner and put in a Line-X spray in liner. Well, when we pulled the drop in liner last weekend the bed pan and wheel wells were pretty beat up. Looking at it in hindsight I should have done this before hand and just put a new bed on. Now that the money has been spent, I am looking into replacing the bed pan and getting the dents in the wheel wells pounded out. A new bed pan is about $500 but the majority of the cost will be installing it. I am wondering if anyone in town knows of good steel fab shop that could maybe cut out the old upper panel and weld in a new one. I also read where someone replaced the pan in an older truck with diamond plate. That could be appealing as well. Thanks for any help.
Old 07-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Posting Guru
1967 Ford F-100

ceetwarrior is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think diamond plate floor would be killer.

I hate running into projects like that, where you should have replaced it, but put to much work into the outside or vise versa. I've done that so many times...
Old 07-17-2010, 12:12 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Colorado Chapter

Tags
2002, bed, bedpan, beds, diesel, escape, excrusion, f150, f350, ford, hard, pan, pans, replace, replacing, truck