Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

HOUSTON/COASTAL (and other areas interested) MINI GTG PLANNING

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2010, 09:09 PM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HOUSTON/COASTAL (and other areas interested) MINI GTG PLANNING

Ok so we can discuss in detail our plan for the GTG here.
Start making suggestions on when and where. Im pretty game for anywhere, as long as it is Family friendly, but you can still drink at. I won't go to a place you can't crack open a beer and enjoy, that's just not AMERICAN. HA HA HA

Any how I saw a suggestion about a fishing spot also.

I think Rocky can throw quite a few ideas around also

Old 06-01-2010, 09:56 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post THIS IS A THREAD STARTED BY ROBERT (PLUMBER01) MINI GTG: START SLOW & ONE SUGGESTION

All I know is its hot and when its hot there is a need to stay cool.

So plan it near water.
What kind of water? Fresh or salt

Swimming, boating, skiing, jetski, kayak, etc.

Location- not everyone has to stay in the same place or location. Some my opted for a hotel, a camper, or a tent, or one day vist and leave. Whatever the choice is it really dosn't mater so long as we can have a MINI GTG party day. So you can plan to stay up to a hour away and still enjoy the party.

Party yes must have a party.
Where? There are several places but what are the preferences?

Then if there is a party we need to have some basic agreed to GTG Party Rules. You know like dont get plastered and drive swim boat or ski.

Other rules the party should be family oreintated so everyone can enjoy it. Descrete BS sessions are encouraged. Vulgar language is discouraged. Violent behavoir will not be tolerated. So that make arguements not allowed either.

and we all need to keep safety the first priority.
Now heres my suggestion for the Mini-GTG-Party.

BUT YOU OTHER MEMBERS POST YOUR SUGGESTED SPOTS TOO FOR THE MINI GTG

BBQ, Kegs, Swimming, Horse Shoes, Volly Ball, fishing, jet ski's and boating and even surfing can be done here. Brand new building. Cost 800,000 to build it.
Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!
Stahlman Park is fully equipped with kitchen, audio system, wireless internet, ac, gazebo deck. Located right on the beach, it's available for rental for a family reunion, wedding reception, or company picnic. Located at 2211 Bluewater Highway. Phone (979) 233-1531 for more information. 300 dollar deposit, 800 dollar for a Saturday. If we get 10 people to show up then 80 each fifteen 60 each and so on.

Here is some construction photos.
Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Only other new pic I could find of the park.
The Facts: News - New and improved Stahlman Park opening soon

We dont have to rent a place either. But we should have a gathering site for the mini GTG.

Some area photos

163.jpg (image)

rigrunners1.jpg (image)

200.jpg (image)

Village of Surfside Beach Official City Website

Other near by attractions
Quintana Beach County Park

http://www.quintana-tx.org/

Galveston Island State Park, Galveston Texas

Moody Gardens Galveston Texas | Amusement Theme Parks | Houston Attractions | Family & Group Vacation Idea TX

Moody Gardens - Live Penguin Webcam

Home

So thats my pitch on the MINI GTG Party
You guys have others places and suggestions I am open for any and all suggestions.

Also there are several place that folks can camp and other lodging in the area. The the mini gtg group wants to rent the park and like this option. Let me know and I can get more information. I have access to a private secured lake where people can also camp. Its 30 minutes from the beach if you vist my public profile and check out the album labeled DAWG the camper and water photos are from the lake area. If you pm me I will send you the website to the lake and the camping fee info.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:59 AM
plumber01
Post Fiend
I like the Quintana park, I've never been, but It seems to have more amenites than stahlman(is it open yet) and are you an architect or engineer for that project?

Any how, RULES are a definte, judging by the people we talk to here everything seems like it would go smooth, but if someone brings a wild friend that does not share the same enthusiasm as we do, then all in that party would have to leave.

Vulgar language kept to "GUYS DAY OUT" (no children present) I only say this because there are going to be slip ups.

But I think it best to go ahead and format a RULES page that can be made up and printed out also. that way everyone knows the rules before the meet.

No getting plastered and driving or boating will be number one, Just remember when somone tries to stop you it's not to be a ***** it's to keep you alive and maybe some others. We are trying to add to the Texas Member Map not do deletions.

No flirting with another man's woman, but if you do it with mine(May be slim chance) but you take all the kids (4 of them when you are done) HA HA HA HA

Basically..Use common sense and good judgement.

Rocky can you find some rates, so we can post them here(Like Stahlman's for two days)
I saw rates on the cabins at Quintana 125-170 or so with tax for cabins

Next let's decide on a date that will let as many people GTG as possible(would stink if only two people made it)

Any more suggestions on places, we may want to go closer to a lake in or just outside of Houston for those that might only make it for a day.Don't want them to have to drive a 4 hour round trip just for a day.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:04 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
re

Originally Posted by plumber01
I like the Quintana park, I've never been, but It seems to have more amenites than stahlman(is it open yet) and are you an architect or engineer for that project?

Any how, RULES are a definte, judging by the people we talk to here everything seems like it would go smooth, but if someone brings a wild friend that does not share the same enthusiasm as we do, then all in that party would have to leave.

Vulgar language kept to "GUYS DAY OUT" (no children present) I only say this because there are going to be slip ups.

But I think it best to go ahead and format a RULES page that can be made up and printed out also. that way everyone knows the rules before the meet.

No getting plastered and driving or boating will be number one, Just remember when somone tries to stop you it's not to be a ***** it's to keep you alive and maybe some others. We are trying to add to the Texas Member Map not do deletions.

No flirting with another man's woman, but if you do it with mine(May be slim chance) but you take all the kids (4 of them when you are done) HA HA HA HA

Basically..Use common sense and good judgement.

Rocky can you find some rates, so we can post them here(Like Stahlman's for two days)
I saw rates on the cabins at Quintana 125-170 or so with tax for cabins

Next let's decide on a date that will let as many people GTG as possible(would stink if only two people made it)

Any more suggestions on places, we may want to go closer to a lake in or just outside of Houston for those that might only make it for a day.Don't want them to have to drive a 4 hour round trip just for a day.
Robert
Quintana has a place to rent too for the mini GTG party. Its probably beter than Stahlman's rate.

Here
Quintana Beach County Park - Park Prices

much beter

Old 06-01-2010, 11:11 AM
plumber01
Post Fiend
I personally am leaning towards that place too, mainly because some of you are already familiar with the area and it's environment. I know you would not go if it were a sespool and not a place children could go and if I remember the other Robert has been there before also.

I say we make it official to get things rolling then start on a date.
Speaking of the other ROBERT, I've only other gone by R.A.T. ( yep RAT) because that was my initials. Darn mother had some sense of humor, that or I was an UGLY baby

Old 06-01-2010, 11:21 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Talking Hello RAT

Originally Posted by plumber01
I personally am leaning towards that place too, mainly because some of you are already familiar with the area and it's environment. I know you would not go if it were a sespool and not a place children could go and if I remember the other Robert has been there before also.

I say we make it official to get things rolling then start on a date.
Speaking of the other ROBERT, I've only other gone by R.A.T. ( yep RAT) because that was my initials. Darn mother had some sense of humor, that or I was an UGLY baby
LMAO
My initials are RRT Pernounce that. ha we are RAT FTE BROTHERS.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:31 AM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Sounds like the beginning of a new and improved RAT PACK

Old 06-01-2010, 11:44 AM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
so whats this planing for? is this the g2g we voted on, or anouther one for the huston area?

Old 06-01-2010, 11:48 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Its a mini someone suggested it on one of the threads here (forget which one) but it was mentioned that since there were so many members around the houston area and so on we should have a mini gtg.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:51 AM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
gotcha. well I will have to see what date you guys end up with. I will try to make it as well.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:52 AM
plumber01
Post Fiend
THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2010, 11:42 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Lightbulb

If anyone is intrested in the mini gtg. Please speak up.

We are eye balling this area.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:31 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Just heard from Roland aka mueckster hes on board.

Just heard from Scott aka Texas Outlaw hes really busy right now but will keep a eye on it and see if a date that we come up with is do-able.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:31 AM
plumber01
Post Fiend
Sounds like something in the making!!

Old 06-13-2010, 08:35 AM
DRRXR
Post Fiend
Arrow UPDATE

Well I just got finished checking on some detials and I propose a MINI GTG at Quitana Park for Saturday July 10th.

I not stuck on that date as in July I can go anytime.

So if you can show on that day we can do some BBQ & Beans and what not. Fish, throw horse shoes, pitch washers, swim, lay in the sand or whatever.

I will do all of those and throw back a few too.

Here is the place

Quintana Beach County Park offers exceptional recreational facilities on a picturesque island. Paved off beach parking, shaded pavilions, rest rooms, multilevel fishing pier, playground, horseshoe, and volleyball areas are all here
If you dont plan to stay there is a small entrance fee.

But if you want to stay here are the rates.
Quintana Beach County Park - Park Prices

and if wanted we can rent one of the smaller Pavilions for some Good Texas BS and BBQ ing. 50 dollar refundable deposit required.
Two are still available on the 10th

All of the cabins are booked up. You have to plan way in advance for those.

https://online.rezexpert.com/4696/rez.asp
Quintana Beach County Park - Park Rules

Looks like several spots are open if you want to camp for July 10th-11 or 9-11

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will be camping away from Quintana at a private lake/resorvor. But plan to be at Quintana for GTG.

There is some trailer camp spots available for rent where I keep my trailer as well. Electric & Water and there are a couple od small cabins. There is a 5 dollar fishing fee per day.

What may be a problem is that it is a secured area. Meaning Members have gate entrance keys only and must be on site when guest are there

Approx. 1,700 acre stocked lake
Club T-Pier and crappie house and spillway for fishing or crabbing

4 boat ramps
Fish cleaning station
Sewer dump station

2 “kiddie ponds” - age 12 and under

Picnic areas and covered pavilion

Playground area

Shower house, restrooms and porta-cans

RENT BY DAY/WEEK (reservations required)

13 trailer campsites with water and electricity

3 shelters (small buildings) with electricity, water, and A/C

Several tent camping areas

Club house with kitchen, restrooms, and A/C

SO IF YOUR UP FOR IT POST
GTG at Quintana

Surf Fishing

Park pic

Come on and lets do this Click here

Even for the bird lovers

and I am not the mayor
QUINTANA TEXAS