Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Junior User

GW09F350 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.GW09F350 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Ignition Key won't turn

I have a 09 F350 Lariat SuperCrew SRW 4x4, Last night the ignition key would not turn at all. Tried wiggling the steering wheel, (noticed it wasn't locked), wiggled the shift lever (auto trans). After about an hour of "beatn and jiggling, it just started working!?? I have no idea what caused this, neither does my dealers service dept. It's working fine now. Has anyone had this happen to them?
Old 05-28-2010, 11:22 AM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Welcome to FTE.

Could it be the key is getting worn out?
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
2001, F-350, DRW. CC. LWB, 4X4, LARIAT,
MODS: 6637 W/Pete's cover, BTS-TRANS, DP-TUNER LIVE, MBRP 4" SS, Isspro 3 gauge kit, TN-BB turbo, Bellowed up pipes, HPX, TRU-COOL cooler, SS Stage II injectors, and the Chris-fifty.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Junior User

GW09F350 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.GW09F350 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I don't think so, I bought the truck new in Nov. 09, and it only has 11k miles. Service Mgr. just told me they couldn't duplicate the problem and Ford has no reports on what could cause it. So I guess I'll just drive it till it does it again.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:44 AM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

miller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputationmiller_feed has a superb reputation
Good luck. I hope it only does this when you are at home.
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
MODS: 6637 W/Pete's cover, BTS-TRANS, DP-TUNER LIVE, MBRP 4" SS, Isspro 3 gauge kit, TN-BB turbo, Bellowed up pipes, HPX, TRU-COOL cooler, SS Stage II injectors, and the Chris-fifty.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Posting Guru

ChargersFanInCO has a good reputation on FTE.ChargersFanInCO has a good reputation on FTE.ChargersFanInCO has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_feed View Post
Good luck. I hope it only does this when you are at home.
Unlike the Ford Focus that would leave you sitting wherever you shut it off at last in the 00-01 years...lol
Old 05-28-2010, 01:56 PM
Postmaster

Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I had similar issues on cars with 200,000 miles on them, but pretty new truck?
What helped me was spraying WD40 inside the lock with the small hose, than inserting and removing the key several times -wiping it at each time. That removed quite some dirt from the cylinder.
Also start using second key as they wear out the blades and cylinder over the time to the point when never used key will not work.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:26 PM
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kajtek1 View Post
I had similar issues on cars with 200,000 miles on them, but pretty new truck?
What helped me was spraying WD40 inside the lock with the small hose, than inserting and removing the key several times -wiping it at each time. That removed quite some dirt from the cylinder.
Also start using second key as they wear out the blades and cylinder over the time to the point when never used key will not work.
That is a great tip. Thanks.
RICK, PAA MEMBER #4
Old 05-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Junior User

Thanks for the input, dealership sprayed graphite based lube inside ignition switch. They said that it's possible the tumblers inside the switch could have been sticking. I hope it works, because "ChargersFan" is right, if it does it again I'm stuck. Thank God for roadside assistance and cell phones. This is the first problem I've had with this truck, I really love it, and it pulls my 13k lb. 35' 5th wheel like it's a lawn cart.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:19 AM
New User

Swinger Vic is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ignition cylinder is locked, need help fast

Howdy,

2006 F250 Lariat 6.0 auto, last year I replaced the ignition cylinder due to a break in.

Wheel is locked, ignition wont turn, ignition cylinder will not slide out and release button will not press in. I have damaged the cylinder trying to get it out or while trying to turn it.

Any ideas? I will drill the release button tonight trying to get the cylinder out.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:19 AM