Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Modular V10 (6.8l)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Modular V10 (6.8l) SPONSORED BY:

View Poll Results: How was your experience with your 5-star tunes?
GREAT - best thing I ever did! 93 90.29%
OK - not as much as an improvement as I thought 10 9.71%
Had a problem - but it was taken care of quickly 0 0%
Had a problem - not happy how it turned out 3 2.91%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2010, 11:19 PM
Postmaster

Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.
yes he needs specifics, right down to your PCM's calibration number and trucks VIN.

as for warrenty, if you ever have issues thats usualy depends on the actual dealer..

not sure if the SCT tuners leave a "digital footprint" that can be traced if you reflash back to stock Ford tunes or not..

Mike will know thou.. and im sure he will give you teh strait goods her shortly..

"list of previous owned Fords much to long to list here.."
Old 10-09-2010, 07:34 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdiesel View Post
I've been thinking of adding a tuner on my new 2010. Do I need to provide specifics or is this a plug and play kind of thing?
How does this play out with a truck under warranty?

Hi saskdiesel
Shoot me an email and i will email you back specific info we need about your truck. Once we have all info we would load tunes onto the X3 device and once you receive its like you said plug and play.

thank you
Mike

ps thanks for replying fordfantic , i am in rep time out
https://www.facebook.com/pages/5-Sta...92086367552400
Old 10-10-2010, 02:12 AM
Posting Guru

wb6anp has a good reputation on FTE.wb6anp has a good reputation on FTE.
He is also very well liked and gets good reviews over on IRV2 rv forums.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/5-sta...els-76130.html
Old 01-21-2011, 10:17 AM
Posting Guru

Fosters is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just got mine finally, I should have done this a long time ago.. I'm sporting the 87 econo tune for now, and so far I can tell the shift points are much better. Hangs on to overdrive a little more, making acceleration possible in winter (crappy gas = no power = downshifted every time), and seems to shift a wee bit quicker too. I can't figure out if it gained any power because with an open diff and snow on the ground, it goes nowhere unless I put it in 4x4, which I rarely need.

I can't wait for spring to come so I can try out the 91 performance tune... but by that point I'll probably be back to driving the Marauder.

Edit: I think it picked up some power, based on the noises the 3 indian guys in my X were making at lunch after taking off from a light.
2003 Mercury Marauder
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2dr
Old 01-21-2011, 08:04 PM
New User

Fordrverr is starting off with a positive reputation.
A+ For mike at 5 star tuning. Gave him a call for my motor home I installed banks headers on it and they moved the o2 back from stock location. Told him will not need to drive it for three more months. Few hours later got email with the undated tune thanks to Mike.
Old 01-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Junior User

ironwood is starting off with a positive reputation.
I cant wait, Ironwood
Old 03-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Senior User

Jimmy Pet is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Finally voted (forgot about this thread).
I thought I liked my truck before, I cant believe I waited this long.
By far the best money I have spent on my truck.
More power, sounds better (I dont hear any of the flutter I read about), Mike tweaked mine for harder firmer shifts which I love.
No downside at all.
Really enjoying driving my truck now.
Cant wait for summer to try the 93 Tow tune.
HTH
jimmy p

Jimmy P
2004 F350 XLT, DRW, V10, 2WD Auto, 4.30s, Reg Cab, Long Bed, 5 Star Tuned, SPD Y Pipe, Custom Cap & Bedrug.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:53 AM
Posting Guru

scraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to behold
Near a year and I can't believe that only 47 of us have gotten the a 5 Star tune for these beasts. Mike great job on the tunes for the truck and the tweaking of my 87 tow/perf tune. A+++
A "Veteran" - whether active duty, discharged, retired or reserve- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to, and including their life."
That is honor. And there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:46 AM
Senior User

andrewzx92000 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mike has been great for me. Got my 5R100 to lock in 4th gear for towing.
Got more power out of my V10 E350 for me
No better mileage but he told me that would be the case before I purchased because of my weight towing.
Had questions and he answered most of them immediately on the phone or within the day if I had to leave a message.
Sent me several adjustments to my tune by email and they worked perfectly.
I really like the way my transmission shifts now and when it shifts
I purchased just over a year ago and no problems

Thanks Mike

Andrew
Old 03-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Postmaster

BigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to beholdBigPigDaddy is a splendid one to behold
5-Star w/ manual trans?

Does anybody run Mike's tune with a manual transmission? It seems everyone raves about the difference in shifting with the auto, but I can't find anyone running with a manual trans.

I think I can justify the expense since it will eventually pay for itself, but I'd like some input from others.

Thanks!

2000 F250 V10 5-SPD 4X4 Crew w/ 5-Star SCT X3
1949 F1 - (WORK IN PROGRESS THREAD)

Old 03-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Illinois Chapter LDR

KOESTNER has a superb reputationKOESTNER has a superb reputationKOESTNER has a superb reputationKOESTNER has a superb reputationKOESTNER has a superb reputationKOESTNER has a superb reputationKOESTNER has a superb reputationKOESTNER has a superb reputationKOESTNER has a superb reputationKOESTNER has a superb reputationKOESTNER has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPigDaddy View Post
Does anybody run Mike's tune with a manual transmission? It seems everyone raves about the difference in shifting with the auto, but I can't find anyone running with a manual trans.

I think I can justify the expense since it will eventually pay for itself, but I'd like some input from others.

Thanks!
I am with ya, would like to know also.

JOIN THE ILLINOIS CHAPTER HERE
Old 03-11-2011, 08:18 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR

fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPigDaddy View Post

Thanks!
Hi
I know there are some out there thats for sure.. Hey try it and if you absolutely hate the results we would just give you a full refund... no worries there at all.
Mike
https://www.facebook.com/pages/5-Sta...92086367552400
Old 03-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Elder User

76Hauler is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.76Hauler is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
^^ Damn, now THAT'S customer service ^^

Thanks Mike for the OT you put in to get me my tunes. So far I've only tested the 89 perf, tune, and man what a difference! My trucks on 37's without a gear swap yet. Just with the Airaid intake I went from 8.3 mpg ave. to 10.5! I can't wait to get this thing out on the highway!

THANKS MIKE ! -Jason 2009 F350 4x4 Crew Cab

2009 F350. Carli Suspension. 37" Toyo M/T
Old 05-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Junior User

SuperDutyKing is starting off with a positive reputation.
All I can say is Wow, Wow, Wow!!! Downloaded the tow/pref tune tonight and it is not the same truck! How about a product that really works as promised! GREAT!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:31 PM
Junior User

RWG78 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just downloaded the 87 economy tune last night. Drove it to work today and really felt the difference. Shift points have changed, and the engine doesn't seem to be as loud and overworked sounding like it did before. It actually had almost no noise at cruise speeds, and I've got headers, the y-pipe and flowmasters on it. I can't wait to try out the towing tunes next weekend. Great product and even better customer service. Looks like I'll never sell this truck!!!! Thanks again Mike!!
Old 06-02-2011, 10:31 PM