General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Time to open up..

Old 05-26-2010, 12:01 PM
00BlueOvalRanger
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Paul,

You need to listen to the guys in this thread. Yes, the OLD guys!

The majority (heck, probably ALL) of us, have been down the road that you are traveling.

"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."
No truer words ever spoken!

Call that hotline that Keith listed.
Call/PM the guys that offered their info.
Please believe me when I tell ya that you do NOT want to end your life, when it's just beginning.
Yes, it IS just beginning!!!!

Here's "Dad" 00BOR's advise -

1. Get outside and get some sun on your face, and fresh air into your lungs.
2. Exercise!!!! Lift weights, run, jog, walk, do pushups, etc. Get 'the juices flowing. It has a calming effect that you won't believe!
3. Get the proper nutrition. Twinkies and Big Mac sandwiches are not the proper nutrition.
4. With the proper nutrition and exercise, you'll want to rest.
Get at least 7, but preferably 8 hours of rest each night.
5. Go out and socialize. Even if it's with other people at school.
6. Faith. IF it comes up, politely say that you have 'your faith'. (It's true. You don't believe in God. Fine. THAT is your belief.) Then, change the subject.
You don't have to make a 'big deal' out of what you believe or don't believe in.
Oh! For the record. . . I'm NOT a 'believer'. I am a KNOWER! (I KNOW there is God and Jesus!)
That's all I'll say about that, because I do NOT want this thread to go away.
7. Stay he H E Double Hockey Sticks away from drugs and alcohol!!!!
You will NOT find peace with either. Trust me on this one, o.k.??
8. Finish your education. Intelligence brings peace of mind, and a good paying job.
9. Come back to FTE often and let us know how you're doing.
10. Get a hobby! Concentrate on that hobby and take your mind off of the depressing stuff!

YOU HAVE YOUR WHOLE LIFE IN FRONT OF YOU!!!!!!!!
(There's so much truth to that. . . . it's not a joke!)

We're here, Paul.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:08 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Excellent post, Keith.

Rep Gods would not allow the kudos though.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:52 PM
Parts Guy Wyatt
Former Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 7.3 Rocket
Paul, if you wanna talk to someone your own age (I'm17) instead of all these old guys shoot me a PM or something. I don't have much experience with stuff like this but if you wanna talk feel free to hit me up.

Petey, you are a good kid.

Paul, buddy hang tough man.... all I did was read this post and cried for you and fear you may do harm to yourself..

PLEASE DON'T DO ANYTHING, I can tell you with 100% certainty you get out of live what you put into it... and nothing is as bad as it seems.

Take Petey up on his offer and talk to him he is a good kid, I know him personally and he speaks to my daughter all the time from 2000 miles away, they're both goofballs.. you could join the club.

Old 05-26-2010, 03:06 PM
Buck 1
Posting Guru

Remember this fact: You DO have friends; we're all here for you and will do whatever we can to help. Forget suicide: it is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. Talk to a counselor, talk to us, talk to someone. It will get better, guaranteed.

Old 05-26-2010, 06:59 PM
Wicked Endings
Elder User
I am sorry for worrying you guys.

Just sometimes... I get to a point where the only thing keeping me from going and trying anything is writing and hoping for responses...

I am glad to see that people care... and if things get rough... I will always come to you nice people at FTE.

It helps me a lot to see people care... even if you are strangers... you all feel like friends...

So.. Thank you.

I won't be ending my life today.

Tomorrow, however... The battle starts over..

Old 05-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Thanks for posting.. Every day that you get through, you will be stronger ....Don't worry about tomorrow today ...

Keep us posted ...

Old 05-26-2010, 07:19 PM
CampSpringsJohn
Hotshot
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Wicked Endings
I am sorry for worrying you guys.

Just sometimes... I get to a point where the only thing keeping me from going and trying anything is writing and hoping for responses...

I am glad to see that people care... and if things get rough... I will always come to you nice people at FTE.

It helps me a lot to see people care... even if you are strangers... you all feel like friends...

So.. Thank you.

I won't be ending my life today.

There are no strangers here. Just friends you haven't met.

Old 05-26-2010, 07:39 PM
Wicked Endings
Elder User
I like friends...

Old 05-26-2010, 08:18 PM
ctubutis
Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Wicked Endings
I still think Alateen would help you quite a bit. When you talk to others who are
going through the same **** and realize you're not alone and can share your pain
with those who have shared theirs with you, you've made a GIANT step towards
healing.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:51 PM
Wicked Endings
Elder User
I hate going to bed alone...

Old 05-26-2010, 09:23 PM
93 mix 'n match
Posting Guru
well howdy paul! first of all, im 16 too. i used to hate my life. didnt have many friends. didnt talk to anyone. didnt want to do anything or even live. then i went to highschool.

new people that dont know you, new everything. i went from being a train on the road to disaster to a guy with plenty of friends and a pretty damn good life. you need to get out of that house as a start.

if you ever need to talk to someone your age whos been through the same stuff, hit me up ANYTIME!

973 896 0333

Old 05-27-2010, 04:39 AM
greenego
Senior User
Good morning Paul,

Just checking in to wish you a happy, healthy and carefree day from a friend in Maryland.

Doug

Old 05-27-2010, 12:49 PM
nitrogen
Cargo Master
Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts
sixteen is earlier than necessary to be thinking about starting a family and getting married. nothing wrong with having it in the back of your mind, but theres still lots of time yet. as dysfunctional as you or your family may be, having a family won't fix that. the same problem will come back and bite you. focus on being 16 and dealing with the issues, like 1 of the guys said check out alateen. once you've worked some of this stuff out and your head is a little straighter then look at where you want your life to go, and who you want to spend it with. i'm not saying you can't date or what not but don't pressure yourself that you're in love. love is something that grows over time, and one day you realize you want to be with that special person forever

Old 05-28-2010, 02:18 AM
76f350spercamprspeal
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
They say that life WILL get better...
And, I have to say, Yes, It will. Things will get better, how, when or soon are all questions, or answers that are yet to be written, or re-viewed, facts in the book of life. You must write your book, if you haven't already, don't worry about how or why the words come out on the page, when your ready, those words will flow right out. God has plan's for you, don't worry about what they are, for he once said somethin' to the effect of "When No one else cared, when you only saw one set of footsteps in the sand, It was I that carried you." There are many things I could I tell you, Things I could Say, Maybe, Even actions I could take, To help you. YOU, have to help yourself by first realizin' that your special, to everyone, both the people who know you, and others, Like Me, whom don't know you. Most importantly, God loves you, He's There for you, think of it this way, Your Drivin' down the road, in your Ford, You hit a Fork in the road, Which way do I go...? Which path do i choose? Let God drive, he won't put you on the wrong path.
If only life could be like a Computer !

If you messed up your life, you could press
"Ctrl, Alt, Delete" and start all over!
To get your daily exercise, just click on "run"!
If you needed a break from life, click on suspend.

Hit "any key" to continue life when ready.
To get even with the neighbors, turn up the sound blaster.
To add/remove someone in your life, click settings and control panel.
To improve your appearance, just adjust the display settings.

If life gets too noisy, turn off the speakers.
When you loose your car keys, click on find.
"Help" with the chores is just a click away.
Auto insurance wouldn't be necessary.

You would use your diskette to recover from a crash.
And, we could click on "SEND NOW" and a
Pizza would be on it's way to YOU...
~Authour Unknown~
There's a Lyric from a song It's one of my favorites.
it goes:
"I told him I'm in no hurry,
But if I broke her heart, wont you tell her I'm sorry.
And for once in my life I'm alone,
And Ive got to let her know just in time before I go.
I've just go to get a message to you, hold on, hold on.
One more hour and my life will be through, hold on, hold on.
Well I laughed but that didn't hurt,
And it's only her love that keeps me wearing this dirt.
Now Im crying but deep down inside,
Well I did it to him, now it's my turn to die."
I could preach to you, and say, Yeah do this or do that, But the thing you mustn't do, is end this life for which your so blue. (Yes, I too enjoy Writin')
Times may be hard, But, Things WILL get better. Don't stand out in the cold alone, Wear a Sweater. Be prepared, for the unexpected. We do things in life without a reason, sometimes searchin' for an answer, we don't alway's find the answer we are lookin' for, so we become angry, lost, dazed and confused. Almost as if your walkin' down a dark tunnel, alone, and you see a Bright Light, this Bright Light, is the end of the Darkness, Well, it seems this tunnel goes on forever, it's end is never. Just when you think you've reached the light, it get's farther away. It's alway's just out of reach, out of grasp. We, are so indecisive, we don't know what we want, we may say we want this, But, that's not what we want, we want to be loved, to be cared for, to be told we're worth it, You my friend, are all these these things. Your cared for, your valuable, your loved, your a friend. To the end...Yes, I know you care for me, But that just make's it harder to leave. They say that if you love someone, you must let let them go, well if I don't return, at least you'll know...That it wasn't meant to be...Words I've repeated in my head, many, many times over, the things I regret the most, The things I've said...Are the thing's I've thought about twice. Don't EVER regret, don't ever think it's over. There's alway's someone worse off than you. I can't say who that is, as You don't know a person until you've walked a mile in their shoes...Play your guitar, Remember this: If you keep playin', You can't get any worse than you already are...But, They say that Practice Make's Perfect, But, No One is Perfect...No-One... When we don't get what we want in life, we convince ourselves we didn't need it, or it wasn't good any-way's. Don't convince yourself you don't need God. I know people who've tried to Take their own lives...What if things changed tomorrow, what if all your problems got resolved...? You wouldn't be here to find out. Find Somethin', Someone, Grab onto 'em, and Don't let go. Suicide, No matter what, is a serious topic, and is to not to be taken' lightly. Don't look for the bad things in life, Look for the Good. I can think of Two 1. You have a Ford. 2. You Have FTE, I'm sure you can think of many others...
Suicide, doesn't solve anythin'. It doesn't "fix" anything. It doesn't matter, it's just a cowards way out. Your Smarter than that Pual, your stronger than that. Take another Try. It may be true that it's to soon, But, You'll never know what this world has to offer you. They may say your too young to understand what Love is. That may or may not be true, But some things I've learned from relationships, is that if you REALLY love someone, you'll never have those same feelin's for another person again. And that Love (To Me At least) can not be expressed in words, Dictionaries, define it as "A Deep Emotion". It's more than an emotion, it's a whole new world, one you'll never get to know, if you just decide to go. She may have left you broken, But, You can go on...I don't know the reasons, or the whys, Can't tell the truth from all the lies.
-------------------
Now, Some things about me, My Name is Anthony, I'll be 16 in 2 & a 1/2 Months. (August 16) I joined FTE When I was 12, and I'm "The Original FTE Kid". My sister died, so I know what your goin' through...I have a severe case of Sleep Insomnia, I mean, It's 12:16 Right Now, and look at my last login, I was on here at about this hour last Night.
My Personal Cell-Phone Number is (909)-567-4891, You can call me & talk to me anytime. Do Something, Just Believe, Continue.
My sister was an alcoholic, and is goin' on 2 years clean, I've been to Several AA meatins' and they are great, and encouraging to just listen to people share their stories, their struggles, and like you will, get through them.

Old 05-28-2010, 04:36 AM
greenego
Senior User
Good morning Paul,

Dwell on the good things that life has to offer and here's hoping that you will
have a great day from your friend in Maryland.

Doug

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Time to open up..