Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-24-2010, 12:14 AM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

MyBrokenJeep is starting off with a positive reputation.
Jayco Greyhawk Motorhome on E450 Chassis with V10

Hi Folks... Looking for a little advice...

Is there a chip upgrade, performance chip, or anything like that that I can do to my RV to boost the power a bit, increase the miles per gallon, increase the HP, and increase the torque?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

RandyClick the image to open in full size.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Posting Guru
2003 Ford F-350

TennesseeMustangPerf has a good reputation on FTE.TennesseeMustangPerf has a good reputation on FTE.
Trade it in for one of these.

Click the image to open in full size.

Lol, J/K. Nice motorhome, BTW. I am sure that a Banks tuner will work on your rig, as long as they use the same motors as the SD trucks. Past that, anything you can do to increase horsepower but not increase fuel burn will increase mileage, so an exhaust would be a good option, too. Lastly, remove anything that you don't use that weighs you down and make sure your tires are inflated properly and your engine serviced in correct intervals.

"Seat heaters are God's way of saying 'No matter how bad your day may be, it could always be worse. You could have all this happen to you and your bum not be pleasantly toasted.'"
Old 05-24-2010, 06:59 AM
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Garage is empty, add now

fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.fordmdb has a very good reputation on FTE.
Welcome to FTE MyBrokenJeep
We can help out. We have helped many RV owners with their V10 rigs. Class A and Class C. See our website for more info... Got a V10 RV? section.

5 Star Tuning | Custom Dynomemeter Chassis Tuning Products and Services
v10 RV

thanks
Mike
https://www.facebook.com/pages/5-Sta...92086367552400
Old 05-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Post Fiend
Garage is empty, add now

gearloose1 has a good reputation on FTE.gearloose1 has a good reputation on FTE.gearloose1 has a good reputation on FTE.
There are very few ways to simultaneously increase MPG, power, etc.

The V-10 straight from the factory is pretty well tuned, you can tweak it around the edges, and get a sustainable single to very low double digit improvement without major rework.

The bottom line is, if you really wanted more power, economy, etc. you needed something built with a bona fide medium or heavy duty diesel on a medium or heavier duty frame.

Even then, you are limited by the reality of only having so much energy per gallon of fuel, and against that, weight, air resistance, etc.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 PM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

cekkk is starting off with a positive reputation.
Afraid I agree with gearloose. It's a bit late.

No matter what you do legally, you're dealing with an EPA compliant engine burning crappy EPA fuel.

I just recently began thinking of going from our Jayco Eagle to one of their MHs but am really surprised that, from what I've seen so far, which isn't a whole lot, they are not offering a diesel in their Ford chassis. No faith in the 6.7? I'm pretty sure I won't go with the big Ford gasser. No excuse, I just gotta have an oil burner. Haven't priced the Seneca. Ouch.

There's a bit of good news for you though. You can buy a lot of gas with the money saved over a diesel if it had been available in the E450s. Just guessing, you're gas penalty is only the difference between 7.5 and ten or so mpg with the diesel, LESS the half a buck a gallon diesel price differential. As for power, well, take it easy and enjoy that nice rig.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:22 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2008, chip, diesel, e450, ford, gas, greyhawk, jayco, mileage, motorhome, performance, reviews, rv, v10, videos