Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Elder User

akforceten is starting off with a positive reputation.
Smile rebuilding my $150 78 bronco (they paid me to take it)

hello to all. It started with a rusty 78 bronco with a fresh rebuilt 351m. the guy found me an wanted me to take it home, but i had to many projects going on. my wife decided she wanted it so she bought the bronco . it sat in the yard for a year an we ended up going are separate ways. I had been paid to haul away 87 f-150 4x4 xtra cab. i got it running and ended up trading the ex for the bronco. I didnt tell her i already had a 4"lift a non rusty front clip and doors and set of 35's . I ended up blowing up the 9" couldn't afford to rebuild it, so i swapped in d-60 i had in the back yard . I put on rear disc brake kit from TSM inc and had to have a new driveline made. Well the more i worked on the bronco the more rust i found plus i had a flint stone floor boards,also the front frame horns had cracked and someone attempted to weld the cracks and made it worse . i found a good tub and frame so for the last few months i have been swapping things over . Yesterday i dropped the new tub on to the frame . i still have a ton of work to do . I have been taking lots of pics.

You can see them at 1978 Ford Bronco pictures, photos, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net

take a look an tell what you all think ! i am working on a real tight budget (lack of money) lol . i will keep adding pics. to supermotors as i get things put back together. I know its nothing super fancy, but its mine . i want to go wheeling ,tired of putting cars together, it got boring plus i am i into truck now . its time for me to stop typing now got to go work on the bronco now . so good bye for now
Old 05-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Postmaster

g_k50 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I prefer my wrecks to be a little more put together. See the DonKo in my Garage.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:56 PM
Junior User

mtufreerider is starting off with a positive reputation.
78dieselbronco brenty800mxz
awesome job!!! just amazing, im doing a frame off with my 78 but in a one car garage...... was wandering if you have any front radius arm brackets with the shock mounts. i cant find them anywhere, mine are bent to crap and cant get the shocks on. did you strip and paint the frame yourself??

bahanovi@mtu.edu
Old 05-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Elder User

thank you and yes i stripped the frame and painted it i am working very tight budget so i get to do everything myself. i really don't mine doing everything, i call it a leaning experience.its pretty much stock except for the lift and d-60 rear axle . i do work in a wrecking yard ,so i will look around . it took while for me to get the dual shock set up. of course there will be more pics as i get things done .i just put some up of the bucket seats i got from a Mazda Navajo. passenger side seat was a direct bolt in ,the driver side seat needed some modification. i will let u know if i have those things mtufreerider
Old 05-25-2010, 03:14 PM
Junior User

mtufreerider is starting off with a positive reputation.
78dieselbronco brenty800mxz
thanks!! Mine is going a lot slower than yours but im doing a lot of body work to mine and then gona try and stuff a 7.3L diesel into it. good luck and keep up with the pics.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Elder User

Hello again,i had to pull the drivers seat again to move it over a 1/2" because my center console didn't fit. I have also added a 3g alternator to the motor plus cleaned it up an did some painting to the motor. Next i will be putting on a roll on bed liner in the tub. i did put more pics up at 1978 Ford Bronco pictures, photos, videos, and sounds | SuperMotors.net . an yes i have a set of shock mounts . i will keep posting as things progress
Old 06-05-2010, 11:40 AM
Elder User

pics of bronco, now that i figured it out

here some pics of the bronco ,now that i figured out how to post them . i am better at wrenching than i am at computers.Click the image to open in full size.This is what i started with.Click the image to open in full size. this the new non cracked frame.Click the image to open in full size.this is 4"lift and d60 in rear with disc brakes
Old 06-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Elder User

Click the image to open in full size.motor an trans in.Click the image to open in full size.drive lines,gas tank, bumper and hitch installed.Click the image to open in full size.getting ready to set body on frame.Click the image to open in full size.going down on frame smoothly.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:58 AM
Elder User

Click the image to open in full size.successClick the image to open in full size. doors are on .Click the image to open in full size.mocking in Mazda Navajo bucket seats.Click the image to open in full size. don,t laugh at welds ,but modified front Navajo seat frame.Click the image to open in full size.rear frame needed to elongate both holes.
Old 06-05-2010, 12:04 PM
Elder User

Click the image to open in full size.painted motor and put 3g alternator in.Click the image to open in full size.new/used intake for motor.Click the image to open in full size.an this whats left of old bronco . well that's all i have done for now . i will keep the pics coming
Old 06-05-2010, 12:33 PM
Carpenter Local 745

khadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud of
Looks great! Keep up the good work.

Do you have a 9 inch rear end you can send me? I need one for my Bronco.
I am sure you have one some where on those racks.

What kind of paint on the frame and engine parts?
I plan to start rebuilding a D44 for an SAS project and I want to paint the axle housings.

Join the Hawai'i chapter *HERE*
Old 06-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Elder User

well the paint was ace hardware premium gloss black $2.00 a can the engine paint was placsi kote ford blue engine paint from local parts house i'm on a real tight budget so nothing special about the paint an yes the yard has a ford nine inch several around .need to call an talk to ryan he can give you a price plus shipping 541-382-1987 bend auto wreckers
Old 06-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Senior User

mweeps is starting off with a positive reputation.
Are you going to move the roll bar to the new one? I have only seen one other Bronco with one in a junkyard in WV.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Elder User

i got that roll bar from a parts bronco years ago an yes im going to save it. don't know if its going in the new bronco yet . i kinda want to put a full cage in back for running without the top. my budget or lack of budget lol will determine what goes back there
Old 06-12-2010, 07:30 PM
New User

Julian_Cofer is starting off with a positive reputation.
Awesome!! can't wait to rip mine apart.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:30 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco

Tags
1994, 78, 94, amazing, bronco, correctly, differential, f150, ford, idle, rear, rebuilder, rebuilding, rebuilds, shop, tear