Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2010, 11:24 AM
Postmaster

nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.
The Story of why we sold the 88...

well it was time for me and Ann to part ways with the 88.

As a couple of yall know She works at CiCi's pizza here in Smyrna on Sam Ridley well on the 31st shes transferring to the Nolensville Rd. CiCi's for her manager position. and the 88 wouldve killed us on gas especially since shes transferring to MTSU also instead of going to Motlow. just across Sam Ridley from us.

So we put the truck up for sale on Craigslist bout a month ago. and we had it up for 3500 so we was able to negotiate some. well for several weeks we had a few callers and offers but nothing came to fruit. well a week ago a guy texted me bout a possible trade. well i started look at the pics i took when we met up and over and over again it just didnt look right. like it had been in a wreck. So we passed.

Well then yesterday morning i text a guy saying i still had it. he had said earlier in the week if i still had it Saturday he would come look at it. so he did. well he liked it alot. made an Offer and it wasnt what we was wanting but we accepted since we are 9 days away from her transferring. so then we told Ann's parents and her mom told us she found a couple of cars she wanted us too look at. So we did. and she showed us the car she thought would be the best and we agree.

A 91 Chevy Corsica 3.1L Multiport injected V6. 64k Original miles!! interior in virtually perfect condition. just a couple of rust spots on the front Quarter panels. (originally a MN car) but not very bad. just surface rust. Runs GREAT! 1600 bucks straight out the door. lot paid the taxes and tags etc... haha i know the lot owner....

and as you will see in the pics its almost like the car was never sat in or ever had the the truck used or anything. the spare tire... well it still has the nipples on it from where its never been used. i dont think the carpet in the trunk had ever even been pulled up. atleast it dont seem like it.

heres some pics.....

Click the image to open in full size.

AOD, red clutch packs, 2" OD band, Rebuilt/upgraded valve body, Stall coming soon
Old 05-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Postmaster

maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.
facebook.com/TheCrip Maples01
I sure wouldn't want to be the one doing the plugs on the engine, you gotta do what you have to, I'd have found an easier one to tune up tho.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Postmaster

nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.nflfreak43 has a good reputation on FTE.
eh. ive done one before it is a pain in the *** but couldnt pass up on a 64k mile car that has a dam good engine thats practically bomb proof. for 1600 that only had minor rust. just couldnt pass on it,

AOD, red clutch packs, 2" OD band, Rebuilt/upgraded valve body, Stall coming soon
Old 05-23-2010, 07:40 PM
Postmaster

Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.
Well you got to do what you got to do; nothing wrong with that; Will make a great comuter and in solid condition to boot!

Mitch
57 F100 SWB 351C/FMX; (Big Window)
65 Flairside SWB "Wife truck" (300/AOD)
62 F100 SWB 302/C6 (orphan box) Old Skool build
Old 05-23-2010, 09:50 PM
Posting Guru

torkum is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
"well it was time for me and Ann to part ways"
When I first was reading that I thought boy he is screwing up losing her then I got to the part about the 88. Man I gotta start reading faster

www.TrueBlueTrucks.com
Old 05-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by torkum View Post
"well it was time for me and Ann to part ways"
When I first was reading that I thought boy he is screwing up losing her then I got to the part about the 88. Man I gotta start reading faster
BWAHAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2010, 02:15 PM
Postmaster

macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.macgiobuin has a great reputation on FTE.
Nice little car. My son is looking for a beater car/truck...something that runs well, but may not look so hot. He's hoping for the $500-$1000.00 range. He just needs something to get him (reliably) to and from work. That seems like a good deal you got on the Corsica...good snag!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Postmaster

maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.
I gave a grand for my 73 Econoline, need to convert the front with later model parts to make it legal for me, drivers license requirement is power steering/brakes, rather than just add them from that year, an upgrade is in order, but is road worthy now, previous owner took a trip to Cali and back with it. I like the Lumina, no fan of a Corsica, think they're ugly, but trucks are costly to drive, especially in the summer.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:35 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maples01 View Post
I gave a grand for my 73 Econoline, need to convert the front with later model parts to make it legal for me, drivers license requirement is power steering/brakes, rather than just add them from that year, an upgrade is in order, but is road worthy now, previous owner took a trip to Cali and back with it. I like the Lumina, no fan of a Corsica, think they're ugly, but trucks are costly to drive, especially in the summer.
we didnt care bout looks as long as it was reliable and wasnt a POS.

Old 05-24-2010, 06:56 PM
Postmaster

I'd love better MPG, my 99 at 9-10 mid/high test is murder, need 4:10 gears to up the town driving, but would rather dump it in the mid, it'd have to get better.
To get a job, I'd need another driver, to keep my insurance, it has to be part time, too keep my disability it has to be a certain amount, gas would not be affordable, so I understand.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:56 PM