Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What is the best solid folding tonneau cover?
Bak-Flip G2
16.67%
Bak-Flip F1
33.33%
Bak-Flip HD
0%
Extang Solid Fold
41.67%
Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite
8.33%
Fold-A-Cover LS series
0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

What is the best solid folding tonneau cover?

Old 02-28-2010, 07:17 PM
nielboy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the best solid folding tonneau cover?

As the title says, I'm looking to get a solid folding tonneau cover and am looking for feedback on what everyone considers the best

Old 03-02-2010, 04:59 PM
LightningRyan
Senior User
I love the Extang Solid Fold. Or the Rev Fold/BAK fold. The Extang isn't a bad price. But the Rev is a quad fold and flush fit. But with all hard folding covers the "seals" on the hinges break after a couple years and cost like $100 to fix.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:44 PM
Kevgsp
Freshman User
Don't know if its the "best" only had it a few days, but I decided on the Extang solid fold. I like that I can take it off in less than 2mins, and there are no rails left behind.... that might get damaged by me hauling firewood etc.

Don't want to mess with extra keys/locks or drill my bed rails, as in the foldacover.

Don't like the drain tubes idea on the bakflip, to many seals to get full of debris and sitting ontop of the rails is just a better idea imo

Like the 3 panels instead of 4, one less hinge looks cleaner and on a 5.5 bed

Old 03-08-2010, 09:54 PM
jmaimin
Former Vendor
REV folding tonneau cover

Originally Posted by LightningRyan
I love the Extang Solid Fold. Or the Rev Fold/BAK fold. The Extang isn't a bad price. But the Rev is a quad fold and flush fit. But with all hard folding covers the "seals" on the hinges break after a couple years and cost like $100 to fix.
The REV cover smokes any other folding tonneau cover out there. The seals are guaranteed for 3 years as it is an OEM product for Ford. The difference between the REV cover and the Extang is HUGE. Literally it's like comparing a bicycle to an F150 Super Crew.

The REV cover gives you full access to stake pockets, the Extang does not. The REV cover gives you full access to your truck bed, the Extang does not. The REV cover is low profile, the other is not. The REV cover converts to a bench, road sign, rack and scaffold, the Extang does not. The REV cover can be driven open, the extang cannot. This comparison is not even worth it to be honest. It's totally apple vs orange. Spend the extra $100.00 on the REV - it's TOTALLY WORH IT!

Old 03-09-2010, 09:46 AM
Kevgsp
Freshman User
You can drive with the extang folded up. There is two buckles to secure it. Nice design, K.I.S.S. not much to fail. Fastest on and off with no tools, nothing left attached to the rails, no drain hoses. Depends on your needs I guess...I like my bicycle.

Old 03-09-2010, 11:11 AM
jmaimin
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Kevgsp
You can drive with the extang folded up. There is two buckles to secure it. Nice design, K.I.S.S. not much to fail. Fastest on and off with no tools, nothing left attached to the rails, no drain hoses. Depends on your needs I guess...I like my bicycle.
There's no doubt that it does depend on your needs. If yours works perfectly for you then that's all that counts.

One thing worth noting though, is that it doesn't matter how fast you can take the cover off, because once it's off it's still luggage at the back of your truck. If I want to load something large at the back of my truck, I want the luxury of being able to do so at the drop of a hat, without taking my cover off. That's why I prefer the BAK or REV covers for sure. You can also use them with racks, tie downs, bed rails etc., because you get full access to stake pockets. You can also drive with the REV cover or BakFlip covers in increments, like quarter open or half open which you cannot do with your cover.

All in all, I'd say they are both good, you just get more features with a Quad-Fold cover than you do with a bi-fold that has just 3 panels.

Old 03-11-2010, 11:07 AM
Kevgsp
Freshman User
Originally Posted by jmaimin
The REV cover smokes any other folding tonneau cover out there. The seals are guaranteed for 3 years as it is an OEM product for Ford. The difference between the REV cover and the Extang is HUGE. Literally it's like comparing a bicycle to an F150 Super Crew.

The REV cover gives you full access to stake pockets, the Extang does not. The REV cover gives you full access to your truck bed, the Extang does not. The REV cover is low profile, the other is not. The REV cover converts to a bench, road sign, rack and scaffold, the Extang does not. The REV cover can be driven open, the extang cannot. This comparison is not even worth it to be honest. It's totally apple vs orange. Spend the extra $100.00 on the REV - it's TOTALLY WORH IT!
Checking this thread to see if anyone else had something to say...couldn't help but laugh when re-reading this post after seeing who it came from

Old 04-25-2010, 09:27 PM
slomafarms
Senior User
i get a discount an all extang products

Old 04-29-2010, 09:50 PM
wacnstac
Senior User
I ended up with the Exstang solid fold. The plastic thumb screws could be metal for higher quality. It was a very easy install and the only place you can really see light coming in is in the corners. The only thing I don't like is the way you have to pry it up to open or close the gate.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:52 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
The Solid Fold is good, but the seals are a bit wimpy.