Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels  

brake work need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 07:51 AM
gopher2
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
brake work need help

hey guys i just put a new master cylinder and 2 front calipers on my 1996 f150. I noticed that the front line coming off the master cylinder attaches to the drivers side front wheel, and the rear port has a weird looking valve attached directly to the master cylinder, then the line goes down to the frame to some kinda module then goes to the other 3 tires... Is this right? doesn't sound like it makes sense. I can't find the right HOWTO or diagram on the net

Old 05-18-2010, 12:50 PM
Lazy K
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It doesn`t sound right at all. What you have would feed different pressures to left front and right front.
Both front brakes should be fed from the same port on the master cylinder. The line from the other port should then go down to the RABS module on the frane rail. Another pipe should come out of the RABS module and run down the frame rail to the flexible brake hose above the rear axle.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:31 AM
gopher2
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please anyone have a brake system diagram for a 96 150 4x4?
Also I was cleaning the valve the attached to the master cylinder and I think what was a little plastic check valve fell out... Can't find it.. Any ideas what this valve is called or where I can get one?