Sponsored by: DP Tuner

2002 F-250 Lariat Crew Cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 10:35 AM
76'SuperCab
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What gauges and where to put them?

Still waiting on the additional parts for the AIS, but I've been looking for gauges. Seems like a boost gauge, trans temp and EGT are bare minimum. Does that sound right? Where are the best places to mount them? I'd prefer not to use a pillar mount as I'm trying to keep this pretty low key on the visible mods. Any suggestions on package deals? I'm thinking ISSPRO gauges. Future plans include a 4" exhaust and probably a DP Tuner.

Attached Images  
Old 05-29-2010, 11:04 AM
binuya
Fleet Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Like you, I wanted low key. I have Isspro EV2's boost and pyro in this set up by Autometer. In the future I plan to install trans and engine oil temp down low in the F650 dash insert.

I got the whole set up from Clay. Another plus with the Isspros, that I was unaware of until recently, is that they are manufactured here in the US. Made in Oregon. To me, that's a huge plus knowing my money spent is staying close to home.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:12 AM
60RatRod
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good, I have the Auto Meter dash pod too, only thing was trying to get used to the fact you can't see the "E Brake Light" after a while it will become habit to double check if the E Brake's OFF. THX for posting the PIX

Old 05-29-2010, 11:22 AM
binuya
Fleet Mechanic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 60RatRod
Looks good, I have the Auto Meter dash pod too, only thing was trying to get used to the fact you can't see the "E Brake Light" after a while it will become habit to double check if the E Brake's OFF. THX for posting the PIX
True, and luckily I have the e-brake warning chime because I always forget. Good point to bring up for others to know since it does cover that, along with the airbag, wts, seatbelt, battery, and some other warning lights.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:27 AM
76'SuperCab
Senior User
Nice set up. That is exactly what I was looking for. Good to know about the warning lights being covered. I'm bad about forgetting the e-brake too, but mine also has the warning chime.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:31 AM
60RatRod
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I disconnected mine, When I rebuild my steering column I will re hook it up again.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:35 AM
76'SuperCab
Senior User
First Mod

I finally got around to installing my AIS kit tonight. I've been busy trouble shooting an annoying problem with my door locks (Power Door Lock Problems - Clicking VSM/GEM) and trying to finish the restoration of my 59' Airstream in time for our first trip in a couple weeks (and spending too much time on this forum).

Next up is gauges. My wife and kids got me an ISSPRO EV2 pyro gauge from Riff Raff, for father's day and I'm going to pick up a boost gauge and a dash pod like binyua's next week. I also bought an F650 dash from Ed last week since I am tearing into the dash anyways to fix my damn door locks. I hope to put a couple more gauges (trans temp and ???) in there.

My only disappointment in the AIS is that it took me less than a full beer to get it installed.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:36 AM
76'SuperCab
Senior User
Dang, forgot the picture.

Attached Images  
Old 07-04-2010, 10:18 AM
redfire42
Posting Guru
Congrats on the nice rig!!! You'll love her for life!!

Old 07-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Parts Guy Wyatt
Former Vendor
I got one of the techs here to install new door locks actuators and rebuild my steering column and install new key and tumbler last sat,

it's so nice not having your ignition key fall/come out while driving, being able to shift smoothly from park to drive and best of all I can lock/unlock my freaking doors again......

Old 07-05-2010, 02:47 PM
76'SuperCab
Senior User
I'll be down there tomorrow to get my VSM installed. My locks are possessed right now. They've gone from not working, to randomly unlocking and locking, to currently working as if nothing was ever wrong. Can't wait to get back to more rewarding mods.

Old 07-05-2010, 03:41 PM
nunya001
Senior User
Nice truck. For your Airstream you will need to soften up the tow set up. These trucks are great for pulling but the suspension is stiff and tends to beat the trailers up structurally. I went with softer torsion bars on my Reese dual cam and it helped. I'd still consider looking into the air hitches too.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:01 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by partsguyed.com
it's so nice not having your ignition key fall/come out while driving, being able to shift smoothly from park to drive and best of all I can lock/unlock my freaking doors again......
Ed,

My ignition key is cut in such a way that the tip has deeper cuts than the bow, resulting in a sorta' "pointed" look.

The result is that I can remove my key while the engine is running. I actually find that to be convenient once-in-a-while.

Pop

Old 07-05-2010, 08:29 PM
Waynenap
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 76'SuperCab
I finally got around to installing my AIS kit tonight. I've been busy trouble shooting an annoying problem with my door locks (Power Door Lock Problems - Clicking VSM/GEM) and trying to finish the restoration of my 59' Airstream in time for our first trip in a couple weeks (and spending too much time on this forum).

Next up is gauges. My wife and kids got me an ISSPRO EV2 pyro gauge from Riff Raff, for father's day and I'm going to pick up a boost gauge and a dash pod like binyua's next week. I also bought an F650 dash from Ed last week since I am tearing into the dash anyways to fix my damn door locks. I hope to put a couple more gauges (trans temp and ???) in there.

My only disappointment in the AIS is that it took me less than a full beer to get it installed.
Really, Really, nice truck.
Are you buying the dash pod from Clay? I can't find it on his web site.

Old 07-05-2010, 10:08 PM
clintusaf
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice truck man. we have the same color scheme, just flipped!

Quick Reply: 2002 F-250 Lariat Crew Cab