Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.SPONSORED BY:
Click Here

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2010, 12:52 PM
New User

johndog is starting off with a positive reputation.
parts for fiberglass tonneau cover

Had a new fiberglass cover installed in 2002 on my F150. One of the latches is broken and it no longer will lock. The place that I purchased it, is long gone and I can not find any name on the cover or key. Any suggestions on where I could find parts? figured another brand might be close enough were i could use their locks and latches.

Always bothers me when a place installs aftermarket accessories and fail to give the owners any or all associated paperwork
Old 05-18-2010, 09:40 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
I would be happy to make latches for you that would be considered HD- I am in SoCal. I built my own cover after coming to the same conclusion that you have and have experienced. My latches are aluminum and build to 3x's the standard that most the latches are- no failures to date.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:57 AM
New User

Pictures? I have a 1/4" striker plate attached to the bed side that is U shaped that the latch should catch.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:58 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndog View Post
Pictures? I have a 1/4" striker plate attached to the bed side that is U shaped that the latch should catch.
If you can post a pic or two of your latches....I can typically build duplicate styles but made with 1/8" thick aluminum or steel- which is typically at least 3x's thicker than the material typically used. If I can also see the broken latch, then I can ensure against a potential repeat by either increasing the gauge of material, type of material or change the design.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:40 AM
New User

Will try to get photos over the weekend, thanks!
Old 05-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Posting Guru

Aftrmidnite is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Leer has a Model No. Serial No. plate next to one of the Gas lift cylinders. Plate is Aluminum and it is Riveted to the shell.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:59 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners

Tags
1987, 2003, broken, cover, covers, davidson, f100, f150, fiberglass, fiberglasstonneau, ford, harley, leer, lock, tonneau, toppers, trucks