Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Arizona Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Arizona Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: UP_There

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-17-2010, 12:51 PM
Senior User

Pest007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Title help??!!

I don't know if this is too off topic but just looking for help. I bought a Jet Ski and it came with a trailer, but the trailer didn't have a title or plates and I was wondering if anyone has gone through the process of getting a bonded title or how hard it would be to claim it as a home made trailer??

Thanks
Autometer Gauges
Banks Stinger-plus system w/Ram Air intake w/NAPA 6637
Banks Trans-command Module
7.3 SD intercooler mod
MAP sensor mod
Old 05-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Post Fiend

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
as long as it does not have any numbers or Mfg by info on it what can they say...

I bought an old boat with a trailer and was able to get a home made trailer title for it, but they sure were picky about the mud flaps (or the lack of them) i had to go back twice for an inspection. was not a real problem, although the guy doing the check looked at me and said i know darn well it's not home made.

Good luck with it!

I will add i did have a Notorized bill of sale for them both.
Old 05-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Senior User

Yea, I'm wondering what I'll need for that bonded title to work, but I think it may be easier just to claim it as home made...
Autometer Gauges
7.3 SD intercooler mod
MAP sensor mod
Old 05-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Post Fiend

helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.helifixer has a spectacular reputation.
the last one I did "home made" they wanted receipts for all the steel, the axle, the tires , the wheels, the lights, the wiring, the lumber, the hitch. they wanted receipts for everything!
Old 05-19-2010, 09:05 AM
Senior User

Yea, I heard they ask if for receipts if you tell them you spend over a $1000 on materials.
Autometer Gauges
7.3 SD intercooler mod
MAP sensor mod
Old 05-21-2010, 12:54 AM
Senior User

kstones63 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
A bonded title is a P.I.A. to get done unless they have streamlined it. I had to get a bonded title for my Model "A" when I got it titled. The first they do is have you go and get a bond. They told me to get a bond for what the vehicle was worth. I got my bond (cost $225) worth $10k that I paid for the car. When I took that in they told me it was more than I needed. They looked in their book and told me then that the vevicle was only worth $600 so my bond should have only been $50.
They only wanted to give me one thing to do at a time and then come back for the next step. When I finally got to take it to the super duper secret room so they could inspect it they took about 2 hours going over it.
They finally assigned a VIN # to it and had to run the new number thru the national stolen vehicle registry. I then had to take it back another time to run the new #, that they had assigned, again to make sure that it wasn't stolen.
This all took about 6 or 7 trips to MVD to get this done and of course it had to be trailered everywhere since I couldn't get plates yet.

I guess what I am trying to say is, if you can do a homemade trailer title you will be time and money ahead.
And I had an original title for the car but it was from out of state
Good luck,
Kevin
29 Ford Sedan Delivery
99 F250 SD, CC, Diesel, 4x4
95 F350 Dually Flatbed Diesel
Old 05-21-2010, 04:10 AM
Posting Guru

Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.
Wow.. What a pain! I think I will keep my stuff titled and registered elsewhere!

1994 F-350 CC Dually : DRW 4x4 XLT, 97 7.3 DIT conversion, tuned, open pipe and modded!.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/94...p-started.html
2010 F-250 CC SRW 6.4PS: 6.4 Powerstroke, 3" lift, Ranch hand F+R Bumpers and guards, ARE Topper, PIAA Off road lighting, more to come!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Senior User

Yea, I ended up getting a homemade title for the trailer, so it's finally all done!
Autometer Gauges
7.3 SD intercooler mod
MAP sensor mod
Old 05-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Post Fiend

Bill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputationBill W has a superb reputation
Good Deal!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:30 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Arizona Chapter

Tags
bonded, title, wyoming