Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Junior User

bsparks72 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Removing compuvalve from bi-fuel to run on just gas

So, my recently purchased 1999 F250LD factory bi-fuel LPG/gasoline truck had the LPG system not in use. I went to remove the compuvalve, and started the truck a few times as I was unplugging things (all connected to the compuvalve). After getting it ALL off and removed, the truck won't start. Does anyone know a) what needs to be connected for the truck to run on gasoline, or b) where I can get a wiring diagram? I only had a few remaining plugs to unplug, and I cut the ground wires. Do I need to redo all of it and start over? Anyone want a free compuvalve? I just wanted to change the spark plugs in the damn thing! Good thing the truck was cheap!
Old 05-18-2010, 06:27 PM
Junior User

bsparks72 is starting off with a positive reputation.
OK, I could tell I wasn't getting fuel, so I hot-wired the pump direct, and it runs. Anyone know what output on the compuvalve tells the fuel pump to run?
Old 05-18-2010, 07:14 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Welcome to FTE! This is a big site, and this is a diesel sub-forum.
You should post here: Alternative Fuels, Hybrids & Mileage - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Lot's of help there.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 05-18-2010, 07:14 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels

Tags
1997, bi, bifuel, compuvalve, copmpuvalve, f150, f250, ford, fuel, location, plugs, propane, replace, spark, truck, wanted, working