Lots of BD

Old 05-16-2010, 05:10 PM
Tom D
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lots of BD

Hi Don
Hope you are well. Long time since we chatted. Been making a lot of bio. I have it coming out my ears. My question, how long can I store it before I have trouble? It's in sealed 55 gal drums.
Still haven't completed the project you and I discussed Been too busy. Any luck with the new separation process using high voltage?
In process of changing fuel selector valve. Could be 100% bio took it out. Bought one at AZ but they don't have wiring harness for it so I am returning it and getting Pollak 42-159 6 valve motorized valve. Sound right?
Take care Don. Keep in touch
Tom

Old 05-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Midwest Dually
Posting Guru
I'm not Don, but I could add what I have learned so far?

From what I understand, even with Bio, you can store for almost forever, as long as it is sealed.. Water collection from the atmosphere being the only problem!

Old 05-17-2010, 07:17 PM
fabmandelux
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Tom D
Hi Don
Hope you are well. Long time since we chatted. Been making a lot of bio. I have it coming out my ears. My question, how long can I store it before I have trouble? It's in sealed 55 gal drums.
Still haven't completed the project you and I discussed Been too busy. Any luck with the new separation process using high voltage?
In process of changing fuel selector valve. Could be 100% bio took it out. Bought one at AZ but they don't have wiring harness for it so I am returning it and getting Pollak 42-159 6 valve motorized valve. Sound right?
Take care Don. Keep in touch
Tom
Hey Tom! Been a while since we talked...........My mobile repair business has really taken off this year. I've been putting in 6-7 days a week since mid Jan. I've been so busy that I haven't even made any bio since the first of Jan, and have been buying dino-diesel! My high voltage experiments have been on hold also, just to busy making $$$$$....

I had planed on taking early retirement in November, but I've started a new company with a logging buddy. I designed a new portable sawmill and will start construction on it in Aug. The new bio plant for the co-op is comming along slowly. I've had to farm out most of the parts construction to several machine shops, and their doing the work as time permits. We have 12 farms in the co-op now, and more want to join. Hopefully we'll have everything built and ready to go before winter.

As far as bio storage goes I would try and not keep it more than 6 months at a time. Keep your drums as full as possable. Air is the enemy of bio. If you can, it helps to purg the air out with Nitrogen, and then seal the drum.

Glad to hear your doing good with your bio production! Keep up the good work, and keep in touch!

Old 05-18-2010, 02:40 PM
TurnerBioDiesel
Junior User
6 months in warm climates. where im at i can get 1 year. Leave it in drums out side in winter and it freezes. Bring in as needed.