1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Cab Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 01:07 PM
ZR1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Cab Lights

I was wondering if anyone had a good idea,on the Atomic LED cab lights.
I am going to buy cab lights ,so i checked them out and the price is right and they give you a free flasher with your order.I was just wondering if anyone has them or if anyone knows about them?

Old 05-12-2010, 01:13 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No, but I would be concerned with flashers. If you are not in the construction industry, they can easily get you a ticket.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:19 PM
wizardsr
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ZR1
I am going to buy cab lights ,so i checked them out and the price is right and they give you a free flasher with your order.I was just wondering if anyone has them or if anyone knows about them?
If you think $190 for stick-on lights is a good deal, I have some ocean-front property in Arizona I'd like to show you...

Old 05-12-2010, 01:36 PM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
I perfer the permenant mounted and wired ones myself and they are pretty good price for lights and install.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:48 PM
TennesseeMustangPerf
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check Rekon, surly they have a muuuuch better deal.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:30 PM
grec-o-face
Posting Guru
I run LED's in my cab lights and was thinking about wiring an LED flasher through a relay to activate a strobing pattern through the cab lights. I've done this wiring for my Recon 3rd brake light with GREAT results. I'm currently running two 4-head strobe boxes and a windshield LED as well.

Here's a vid of the 3rd brake light mod. It's direct sunlight so it doesn't appear to be very bright - but it is. And, with everything wired through relays, when I shut off the rear strobes - the brake/cargo functions return to stock operation. This is what I want tp apply to my cab lights.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:52 PM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by grec-o-face
I run LED's in my cab lights and was thinking about wiring an LED flasher through a relay to activate a strobing pattern through the cab lights. I've done this wiring for my Recon 3rd brake light with GREAT results. I'm currently running two 4-head strobe boxes and a windshield LED as well.

Here's a vid of the 3rd brake light mod. It's direct sunlight so it doesn't appear to be very bright - but it is. And, with everything wired through relays, when I shut off the rear strobes - the brake/cargo functions return to stock operation. This is what I want tp apply to my cab lights.

Why?......

Old 05-12-2010, 03:59 PM
grec-o-face
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by BillyBob69
Why?......
Why Not?
Really, mostly for snow plowing but for towing of construction equipment to places requiring warning lights too.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Citypol86
Senior User
Don't be suprised when you get tickets and if someone drives into your rear, they very well might sue based on the distraction.

Later...
Brewster...

Old 05-12-2010, 06:27 PM
Sarge261
Logistics Pro
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Where did you get the LEDS for the cab lights?

Did you have cab lights from the factory?

If so was it a direct fit, remove the old bulb, install the LED?

Sarge

Old 05-13-2010, 08:06 AM
grec-o-face
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Citypol86
Don't be suprised when you get tickets and if someone drives into your rear, they very well might sue based on the distraction.

Later...
Brewster...
As long as you don't abuse the strobes, you're fine. They're considered nothing more than warning lights. I much prefer to have them and have someone see me in near white-out conditions, than get hit by a plow truck in the middle of a storm. I've been running strobes in my plow trucks for years with no issues yet. Maybe others have problems, but I stick to non-police colored strobes and flashers and that may be what keeps me out of trouble. Only Amber, Red and White for me.

Originally Posted by Sarge261
Where did you get the LEDS for the cab lights?

Did you have cab lights from the factory?

If so was it a direct fit, remove the old bulb, install the LED?

Sarge
As far as the cab lights go, I had my paint guy spray the outsides of the stock lenses with black. Then I just bought and installed some LED's to replace the stock 194 bulbs. I went with Amber, but I'm sure white would also work (the cab light lenses are amber anyway). I buy most of my LEDs from this place http://http://www.superbrightleds.co...FWLED-xHP5.htm - and the customer support is top notch...

Old 05-13-2010, 08:41 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
I have strobes/wig-wags in all of my trucks that I have owned with no issues at all. I used them for when working with emergency personnel and working with a fellow church members tree service. In TN, you MUST have emergency style lights on a vehicle working off highway and freeway areas. The factory flashers WILL NOT cut it, ask me, I know....been told many times before installing the wig-wags. I believe if you have a good reason for using them, they are great and I believe in making it clean looking, to keep from taking away the nice look of the truck.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Citypol86
Senior User
Originally Posted by grec-o-face
As long as you don't abuse the strobes, you're fine...
I was just refering to people who use the lights arbitrarily. They do that around my area anyway, and they are distracting. They also use blue, pink, green, etc. on the base of the windshield along with the traditional "Night Rider" LEDs. They do all sorts of stupid stuff with the lights and even go as far as blacking out the headlights because it looks cool during the day only to hang driving lights for night use and they don't use headlights at night. These are mostly small import cars though.
As legitimate warning lights they're fine except for the white to the rear, in N.Y. anyway.

Oh, by the way, I'm certainly not inferring that any of you guys are using them that way. I didn't want it to sound that way.

Later...
Brewster...

Old 05-13-2010, 12:10 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by ZR1
These are not a kit to install cab lights. It is a kit to install LEDs in trucks with existing cab lights. This is why they say no drilling required.

http://www.atomicled.com/

Pass.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:04 PM
ZR1
New User
Thanks Guys

Originally Posted by bpounds
These are not a kit to install cab lights. It is a kit to install LEDs in trucks with existing cab lights. This is why they say no drilling required.

AtomicLED.com - Custom LED running lights for trucks

Pass.
No they are not pop ins...They are the real deal.I saw them on another truck and i thought they looked great. The lights are factory lights with 30 led bulbs inside.You unplug and unscrew your factory lights and plug these in then screw them back in.The guy told me that there is a wire that you hook to a flasher and then to power.They work as a running light and when you are plowing or whatever ....you just hit the on switch and they strobe.For 190.00 ill take them i think i looked at light bars and i will not spend 1,000.00 bucks....no way...I think Ill go with the atomic ones.Thanks guys

Quick Reply: New Cab Lights