Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-15-2010, 01:57 AM
Posting Guru

Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.
Real retarded question...

I know, I search, but havent found any specifics! I am looking into starting up my own BD project.. Stupid question of the century..

Can a person run their Diesel (7.3di) on straight home made BD?

No adding to current fuel, but use as a complete fuel?

1994 F-350 CC Dually : DRW 4x4 XLT, 97 7.3 DIT conversion, tuned, open pipe and modded!.
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/94...p-started.html
2010 F-250 CC SRW 6.4PS: 6.4 Powerstroke, 3" lift, Ranch hand F+R Bumpers and guards, ARE Topper, PIAA Off road lighting, more to come!
Old 05-15-2010, 02:39 AM
Posting Guru

binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Dually View Post
I know, I search, but havent found any specifics! I am looking into starting up my own BD project.. Stupid question of the century..

Can a person run their Diesel (7.3di) on straight home made BD?

No adding to current fuel, but use as a complete fuel?
I do, and several others here also run B100. Being that yours is a '94 however, you may need to see if your fuel system lines, seals, etc. are compatible. Not sure when exactly, but in the mid '90's, Ford/International went to viton fuel components. Our 7.3's run great on bio.
Homebrew American Biodiesel (B100 Most of the time)
1995 Mercedes Benz E300D, 2006 Mercedes R350
Old 05-15-2010, 02:50 AM
Posting Guru

Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.Midwest Dually has a good reputation on FTE.
Ahh, well here is the good thing.. The truck is a 94, but the engine, trans, electrical and ECU are all from a 97!

1994 F-350 CC Dually : DRW 4x4 XLT, 97 7.3 DIT conversion, tuned, open pipe and modded!.
2010 F-250 CC SRW 6.4PS: 6.4 Powerstroke, 3" lift, Ranch hand F+R Bumpers and guards, ARE Topper, PIAA Off road lighting, more to come!
Old 05-15-2010, 10:19 AM
Posting Guru

binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.binuya has a great reputation on FTE.
You should be good to go! If fuel tank is original '94, you may want to check compatability at those components.
Old 05-15-2010, 02:21 PM
Posting Guru

Good to know! While completing this swap, everything in the truck was swapped out with the 97 parts, fuel tanks, fuel lines, the whole mess!

Doing the swap, really in order to make sure it worked soundly and doesnt have any issues, I had to essentially build a 97 model! LOL!

I have done a good amount of research on making bio-diesel, and the more I learn, the more I am strongly swayed to starting this process.. I am really amazed with this stuff!

Old 05-15-2010, 02:33 PM
Posting Guru

Here's a link to a good place to get started:

make-biodiesel.org

And for the latest advancements, plenty of great information and tons of reading, this forum has many of the leaders in homebrewed biodiesel:

Forums - Powered by Social Strata

You may have already caught on to these sites, but just in case you hadn't yet, I thought these would help. Good luck.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Posting Guru

Thank ya!!

The first link I havent seen, so it will be serious reading time tonight! The second one I did come across, and very informative.. It actually gave me lots to start with and develop from there! Great technical data and specifics!

At first when I started considering this, I was very reluctant and worried about the work and technical aspects of getting into it.. The more I read, the more I learn, the less frightening this looks! One of those sites talked about "running tests on a small scale first".. I like that idea.. Then I can actually see the process in its working state, and get a much better idea!

I am really planning to be running B-100 only from here on out once I get up and going!

Old 05-15-2010, 08:10 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
One of the guys that use to spend a lot of time on this forum lives in Phoenix. If you are close to there I could email him and see if he would let you see his set-up. I'm sure he would help ya get started.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 05-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Posting Guru

That would be awesome, as I am in the northern part of outter Phoenix! I would be greatly appreciative of guideance, input, seeing operations!

Thank you!

Old 05-15-2010, 08:59 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
I'll see if I can get ahold of him.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Posting Guru

I greatly appreciate that! A person can never expand their mind too much!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:09 PM

I just sent him a PM and an email. When he contacts me I'll let ya know!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Posting Guru

OK! Sounds great!

Old 05-16-2010, 09:58 AM
Post Fiend

Brown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to all
My dad is running B100 in his '05 Cummins with no problems. And 7.3's love bio. He's running a Fuel Meister system to make his at home.
'95 F350 CC 4x4 Powerstroke - GONE but not forgotten
Old 05-16-2010, 02:48 PM
Postmaster

Rushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud ofRushmore X has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Falcon View Post
My dad is running B100 in his '05 Cummins with no problems. And 7.3's love bio. He's running a Fuel Meister system to make his at home.
Don't get a system, make your own. You'll save yourself alot of $$$.
Trent - 2003 Excursion (Eddie Bauer) 4X4, 7.3, Hellvig antisway bar, 6637 intake mod, 4" MBRP w/ 5" tip, DP tuner, IH up-pipes, redhead steering box, 6.0 trans cooler, ISSPRO & Aeroforce gauges in A-pillar, Wicked Wheel, "Bullet Proof" Transmission rebuilt by Rapid Diesel, extra leaf spring added all around, more to follow! Gone BIO!!!
2002 TDI New Beetle - also likes Bio.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:48 PM