Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: pbsdaddy

Bayshore Ford 2011 Truck Rally

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Delawhere?
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Bayshore Ford 2011 Truck Rally

Just wanted to say that it was an interesting day at Bayshore Ford today. They had representatives from Ford and other truck suppliers there to answer questions and tell everyone about the new truck and its' many features. After the discussion part of the meeting at the dealership, we moved to the marine terminal, to have lunch, sponsored by AutoPort, and test drive the new 6.2L gas engine and the new PowerStroke 6.7L. I got to tell you the new engine winds up very fast. My 6.0L has a fair amount of turbo lag, my friends 6.4L has some but not as much. The new truck when you step on it, it just got up and went!! Was able to spin the tires in the short distance we had to drive the truck in. The motor sounds very much like the 6.4L if you haven't heard one yet, and is much quieter than the 6.0. I like the idea of the integrated exhaust brake which works in tandem with the Tow/Haul mode. I don't know how publicized this event was, but just wanted to mention, that the Del. Chapter of FTE was represented and I was wearing my T-shirt too!

Old 05-14-2010, 09:37 PM
Surge08
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sweet, does this mean your buying one?

Old 05-15-2010, 04:09 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
Very cool!

Wish you had posted about the event earlier, if you did, I missed it, after all I'm getting more mature.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Surge08
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by glruff
Very cool!

after all I'm getting more mature.
Yeah ok

Old 05-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Delawhere?
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Surge08, and glruff,
Sorry I didn't get to answer sooner but we went off camping in OC, Md for the cruisin classic car run. I didn't know about the Ford 2011 SD event until my buddy told me like the day before. He had been over to take a test drive in one on the lot and they told him about this event. It was mostly for people in the business, techs mostly to see what new features the new truck had. They spoke of the changes they had made to make working on the truck much easier. Now they say you can do most anything except a major tear down, without removing the cab. There were many questions about the new polution stuff on the new trucks and how that worked, as well as the cost of the new Urea additive, which they say will cost about $10/gal. and it holds 5 gallons of Urea. The new hitch for the gooseneck and fifth wheel is made by Reese and looks like a nice set up. Sorry I couldn't have posted the info sooner.
Barry