Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Hawaii Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Hawaii Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Freshman User

hyperstang00 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cepek DC-1 rims..

Hey guys..

My friend just offered me his old Dick Cepek DC-1 17inch rims..I think. They look in okay condition and made from Aluminum. He got um at Maui Offroad when was in Pearl City, but no mo center caps..

My question is..

Can I powder coat aluminum rims, I like make um black...

I also installed an AS 2.5 level kit and was wondering what is a good brand tire out there? I like run 33's, but I don't know to much about these rims. I looked online and saw like 17x9, so is a 295/70/17 a good start for tires?

Might stop by Maui Offroad tomorrow to check out if they get center caps and how much...

shoots!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 AM
Freshman User

James2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperstang00 View Post
Hey guys..

My friend just offered me his old Dick Cepek DC-1 17inch rims..I think. They look in okay condition and made from Aluminum. He got um at Maui Offroad when was in Pearl City, but no mo center caps..

My question is..

Can I powder coat aluminum rims, I like make um black...

I also installed an AS 2.5 level kit and was wondering what is a good brand tire out there? I like run 33's, but I don't know to much about these rims. I looked online and saw like 17x9, so is a 295/70/17 a good start for tires?

Might stop by Maui Offroad tomorrow to check out if they get center caps and how much...

shoots!!!
Howzit-
I'm no expert on powder coating, but I would think you can powder coat aluminum.

As for tires, maybe 285/70/17 is what you want? I'm not sure if they make a 295/70/17. From what i've seen, there are many different brands that people use, just depends on what type you want, what features, and price. I'm still undecided if I'm going with All Terrain or Mud Terrain. Pretty much will depend on what deal I can find used or for decent price.

I saw that Maui Off road moved? Where are they now?
Old 05-13-2010, 01:51 AM
Freshman User

They are now in Waipio area by the bike shop...

I've decided to save the money and just polish out the rims. Although I wanted a black rim, I think I can manage the chrome until I get enough funds for the XD's that I want. The rims were pretty much free anyway...lol!!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:42 AM
Carpenter Local 745

khadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud of
MORC

Map of Maui Off Road Center in 94-1388 Moaniani St Ste 103 Waipahu, Hawaii by MapQuest

Join the Hawai'i chapter *HERE*
Old 05-16-2010, 11:41 PM
Freshman User

Finally got the rims..

I hooked up with a childhood friend of mine that works at Maui Off Road...

So I decided to just shine up the rims..

When I gottum...was in storage and the hexes were all rusted out. Had a lot of crap on them..

So my friend hooked me up with some "WICKED" polish that they sell at the shop...

BEFORE:

Click the image to open in full size.

AFTER:

had the rusted up "DC" hexes..so I removed them and my friend hooked me up with some brand new stainless steel one's..

new one's on..

sent in my order for my center caps and decided to stick with all cepek's including the tires. Looking at some Cepek 285/70/17's. Have some road noise, but I can handle. Chose these over the mickey thompsons. Can't wait to get these bad boys on..

I just so happen was racing some R/C monster trucks and had my stock clodbuster in the bed of the truck..

enjoy!!!

My new avatar...

If only the clodbuster was white...

Old 05-18-2010, 04:29 PM
Freshman User

James2 is starting off with a positive reputation.
looks good - the rims and the RC!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:04 PM
Post Fiend

LMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputationLMS Residential has a superb reputation
man that wicked polish rocks. those should look great on the white truck.
Old 05-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Freshman User

Thanks guys..

just waiting on the center caps and the mulah for the tires...
Old 05-28-2010, 01:06 AM
Posting Guru

kupaa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
looks good,lets see some pics with them on the truck.heres mine

2002 SC SB 4X4,6637,STRAIGHT PIPE,COBALT GAUGES,ITP OBA,REGULATED RETURN,HPX,AIH DELETE,JOHN WOODS STREET PERFORMER TRANS,DP TUNER F6 LIVE TUNED BY JODY, GTP38R,CASSERLY 200CC 80% HYBRIDS,TERMINATED,20X10 XD,ATZ 35/12.50/20
468 HP 970 ft lbs
CHRIS
Old 07-10-2010, 12:40 AM
Freshman User

Just got back from Maui Offroad today. put on my Cepek FC-II's and I am loving the look BIGTIME!!!

Here she is..

Unfortunately...the F150 will no longer be my daily driver. I picked up my neighbors 1990 Fox vert 5.0 a couple of days ago. Got um super cheap..he had to leave in a week (military) and had a lot of lookers but no buyers. So the night before he leaves..he catches me in the parking lot and I got hooked up BIGTIME!!!!

So I'll take her out on the weekends and to the R/C track on race days...but at least she will have low mileage..lol!!!

next...gotta put on the SALEEN GRILLE...
Old 07-10-2010, 12:40 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Hawaii Chapter

Tags
2009, 2wd, cap, caps, center, cepek, coat, coated, dc, dc1, dick, ford, powder, ranger, rims