Australia Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: ChunderDownUnder

FTE Australia Members, Welcome to your new home!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 04:20 AM
BOSS56
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey toprodz that panel looks cool! Are you going to leave the patina as is or do a full re-build? Are you modifying the origanal chassis or starting totally from scratch? Keen to hear your ideas as im just starting on my 56 big window!

Old 07-03-2010, 08:15 AM
toprodz
New User
Hey there BOSS56
Thanx for the kind words I love it
I are modifying the the original chassis, I am widening it behind the last running board bracket about 5" each side as the chassis is very narrow and this will allow me to fit a triangulated 4 link with coil overs I am also kicking it up by 2" so that it will sit lower as well, all the chassis parts have been drawn in autocad and are laser cut and waiting for me to find some more time, I am also going to fabricate an inderpendent front end using tube top and bottom arms and coilovers
I have started striping the paint as the body needs a few rust repairs along the gutters I am still unsure on final colours as yet.
I would love to see some pictures of your 56

Old 07-03-2010, 08:31 AM
BOSS56
New User
Sounds cool and very similar to what im doing with my chassis! Im using a jag front end and kicking my chassis up 3-4 inchs in the rear and a 4 link and going to run airbags all round! Will post a few pic's of the 56 up tomorrow!

Old 07-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by BOSS56
Yeah its not a bad part of the world! Well aslong a ya not a truckie comin down the new england between 4 and 5 in the arvo! Dam traffic! but you'd know all about that mate! So what model effie have you got?
This is me effie,just put new rims and tyres on her

And also made me own roof console and banged a PC in it

and then put a 10" touch screen in the dash running centrafuse and oziexplorer mapping software.

Gunna do exhaust next..

Old 07-04-2010, 05:55 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by Ray Freeman
Hello all,I'm on my third F350. Mt latest is a 09 Lariat crew cab.Got a canopy on and the 6.4 has been bumped up to 560 hp.Towing a van around Oz at present and it goes nice
No good without pics ray,we need pics,love the new lariats..

Old 07-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by toprodz
Hi Guys Peter from Melbourne here I have a 1947 ford panel delivery van that I am starting to do up

I have the chassis plan in cad and have had the boxing plates and crossmembers laser cut. I am still working on the drawings for the hand made inderpendant front end using tube arms and coilovers
Gunna be a beuty when sh'e finnished,nice big workshop ya got there,and a few other projects i see .

Old 07-04-2010, 06:35 PM
BOSS56
New User
Originally Posted by Nkelly
This is me effie,just put new rims and tyres on her

And also made me own roof console and banged a PC in it

and then put a 10" touch screen in the dash running centrafuse and oziexplorer mapping software.

Gunna do exhaust next..
That awsome great looking truck!

Old 07-05-2010, 06:54 AM
Diesel Submariner
Senior User
My Brazilian

G'day Blokes,
This is my Effie. I'm from down in Victor Harbor (about 80k SE of Adelaide).

---------------------------
Aussie spec Brazilian built 2005 (US 2003) F-250 Superduty 4x4 7.3Ltr Powerstroke: Donaldson (AIS) Intake with Zoodad, AIH deleted, DIY CCV & catch can, 26” x 3½” Cummins straight through muffler, MBRP Black Tip, Foil Delete, Old Man Emu (OME) HD rear spring set, Front leveler spring, OME Nitrocharger Dual Tower shocks front, OME Nitrocharger shocks rear, Tough Dog Steering Damper, ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear, V10 Tranny cooler in series with Stock Tranny cooler, Deep Tranny Pan, Extra Cooling rear diff cover, ARB HD Front Diff cover, ARB Bull Bar, Kymar Dual Spare Wheel carrier & Rear bumper, Edge Evo with Dash Pod & EGT pyro, Long Range Fuel Tank, OEM Style paint matched wheel arch flares, VMS in Dash GPS Street & Off Road Navigator, Toyo OPAT AT 305 70R 16” on 10” Rims.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Nice truck DS,done some stuff too it,crikey.....

Old 07-05-2010, 07:46 PM
Diesel Submariner
Senior User
My Brazilian

G'day Nkelly,
That F-Truck of yours look like it means business..nice rig mate.
Well the update/mod bug bites deep and doesn't let go once you start on these trucks. There is so much available to do the upgrade/mods and if you do it slowly bit by bit it dpesn't seem to hurt the pocket that much. Anyway I've got probably another 4 or 5 things I want to do/add over the next couple of years to bring it up to the standard I want. I intend to keep this truck for a very very long time and that's my justification for spending the time and dough on it. It helps a lot if the Handbrake (Missus) is all for it, in fact she talked me into buying it in the first place (bless her little soul).
I noticed that your also booted with 305 70R 16s (33") on 10" Rims. How do you find them? I've had mine on for about 20K and they are wearing very well. They're ATs and run quiet as far as road noise goes. But I'm a little concerned that at slow speeds or near stopped the footprints rolling resistance my be a bit much for the steering system. Any thoughts?
By the way I've been contemplating Blacking out the centre of the rims. It looks as though you have done just that? Did you do it yourself or get then powder coated. They look the same as what I've got from Allied Wheels and they look good with the centre blacked out on that rig of yours. Black and Silver also go well together.
I'm very new to forums as I've just joined and if this isn't the right place to post this type of stuff..somebody please point me in the right direction.
Cheers Reg.

Aussie spec Brazilian built 2005 (US 2003) F-250 Superduty 4x4 7.3Ltr Powerstroke: Donaldson (AIS) Intake with Zoodad, Cowl Hood, AIH deleted, DIY CCV & catch can, 26” x 3½” Cummins straight through muffler, MBRP Black Tip, Foil Delete, Old Man Emu (OME) HD rear spring set, Front leveler spring, OME Nitrocharger Dual Tower shocks front, OME Nitrocharger shocks rear, Tough Dog Steering Damper, ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear, V10 Tranny cooler in series with Stock Tranny cooler, Deep Tranny Pan, Extra Cooling rear diff cover, ARB HD Front Diff cover, ARB Bull Bar, Kymar Dual Spare Wheel carrier & Rear bumper, Edge Evo with Dash Pod & EGT pyro, Long Range Fuel Tank, OEM Style paint matched wheel arch flares, VMS in Dash GPS Street & Off Road Navigator, Toyo OPAT AT 305 70R 16” on 10” Rims.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:03 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Originally Posted by Diesel Submariner

G'day Nkelly,
That F-Truck of yours look like it means business..nice rig mate.
Well the update/mod bug bites deep and doesn't let go once you start on these trucks. There is so much available to do the upgrade/mods and if you do it slowly bit by bit it dpesn't seem to hurt the pocket that much. Anyway I've got probably another 4 or 5 things I want to do/add over the next couple of years to bring it up to the standard I want. I intend to keep this truck for a very very long time and that's my justification for spending the time and dough on it. It helps a lot if the Handbrake (Missus) is all for it, in fact she talked me into buying it in the first place (bless her little soul).
I noticed that your also booted with 305 70R 16s (33") on 10" Rims. How do you find them? I've had mine on for about 20K and they are wearing very well. They're ATs and run quiet as far as road noise goes. But I'm a little concerned that at slow speeds or near stopped the footprints rolling resistance my be a bit much for the steering system. Any thoughts?
By the way I've been contemplating Blacking out the centre of the rims. It looks as though you have done just that? Did you do it yourself or get then powder coated. They look the same as what I've got from Allied Wheels and they look good with the centre blacked out on that rig of yours. Black and Silver also go well together.
I'm very new to forums as I've just joined and if this isn't the right place to post this type of stuff..somebody please point me in the right direction.
Cheers Reg.

Aussie spec Brazilian built 2005 (US 2003) F-250 Superduty 4x4 7.3Ltr Powerstroke: Donaldson (AIS) Intake with Zoodad, Cowl Hood, AIH deleted, DIY CCV & catch can, 26” x 3½” Cummins straight through muffler, MBRP Black Tip, Foil Delete, Old Man Emu (OME) HD rear spring set, Front leveler spring, OME Nitrocharger Dual Tower shocks front, OME Nitrocharger shocks rear, Tough Dog Steering Damper, ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear, V10 Tranny cooler in series with Stock Tranny cooler, Deep Tranny Pan, Extra Cooling rear diff cover, ARB HD Front Diff cover, ARB Bull Bar, Kymar Dual Spare Wheel carrier & Rear bumper, Edge Evo with Dash Pod & EGT pyro, Long Range Fuel Tank, OEM Style paint matched wheel arch flares, VMS in Dash GPS Street & Off Road Navigator, Toyo OPAT AT 305 70R 16” on 10” Rims.
Yes my mrs pushed me into buying our truck aswell,if it was left to me i'd be still humming and harring.

The rims she picked out aswell and they were that colour factory,2 things she pats herself on the back for,im not sure of the brand,i bought the wheels and rims as a package deal, i'll find out the make of the rims ..

The BFG's ive only just put on,first time ever ive ran BFG's,ive been a cooper man until now..

I seen a long range tank at Rocket Sports in melbourne 230ltr,he wanted $2300 for it ,what did you pay for yours.

I see you put in a rear difflock,the standard rear limited slipp diff not good? ive only had me effie since feb,so im still sussing things out .

I also like ya external sunvisor and bonnet scoop,looks awesome.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:52 AM
Diesel Submariner
Senior User
Aussie 2005 F250

Originally Posted by Nkelly
Yes my mrs pushed me into buying our truck aswell (lucky us),if it was left to me i'd be still humming and harring.

The rims she picked out aswell and they were that colour factory,2 things she pats herself on the back for,im not sure of the brand,i bought the wheels and rims as a package deal, i'll find out the make of the rims ..

The BFG's ive only just put on,first time ever ive ran BFG's,ive been a cooper man until now.. I'm running the TOYOs so far happy with them and they are load rated for these trucks even though they are Load rating 'D' they are in fact the same as Load rating 'E" becaused they are 10 ply.
Load Rating 'E' = 10Ply
Load Rating 'F' = 12 Ply.

I'm interested to see how your power & fuel consumption is with the 305s (33.2"). I feel they are taking a bit more out of truck than I expected??

I seen a long range tank at Rocket Sports in melbourne 230ltr,he wanted $2300 for it ,what did you pay for yours. Mine is a Long Ranger fitted by ARB. It's located in the position where the muffler used to be. The exhaust has been re-routed outside the chassis rail and a 26"L x 7"Dia straight through Cummins muffler in place of the stock staggerd box and the tip dumps out in front of the back wheel. So I have a true auxilury fuel tank with a guage in the dash and a transfer pump and filter to the main. Can't recall the cost (I'll check when I get home next month).

I see you put in a rear difflock,the standard rear limited slipp diff not good? No nothing wrong with LS Diff (still have it as a spare). The PO put it in. If it was me I'd have only put one in the front diff. I've only had me effie since feb,so im still sussing things out .

I also like ya external sunvisor and bonnet scoop,looks awesome.
Lund visor and Cowl Hood from Rocket Sports trucks in Melbourne. I reckon I got the Cowl Hood at a good price at AU$720. I've seen them for around $600 with delivery costs in the US. It comes black primer coated and you get it sprayed to match your truck. They really make a statement, gives them that 'don't argue with me..ya rice grinder' look.

Cheers Reg.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Diesel Submariner
Senior User
Question JWVB??

Originally Posted by ChunderDownUnder
Hello to my Aussie bro's. My name is Brian and Im in Sydney (southern suburbs) and my pride and joy is a 03 F250 7.3ltr.

G'day Brian,

I'm new here and it didn't take me long to notice that you had struck up a good relationship with Clay at Riffraff Diesel.
I've just made contact with Clay over the last couple of days and he has been a real big help in getting me set up to order stuff form him.
He is everything all you bloke sing about. Very quick to respond, very helpful an all round 'good bloke'.

Anyway the reason I'm contacting you is that I'm due to do my second tranny oil change next month. I'm seriously considering getting the John Wood Valve Body from Clay and fitting it at the same time.

I see you have a JWVB. So how have you found it? Is it worth doing?
I don't see it as a big deal to do, especially seeing I'm going to drop the Deep Pan and have a good look at the inside of it.

Any thoughts/experiences with the VB would be appreciated.

Cheers Reg.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Riffraff Diesel
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 46 Likes on 26 Posts
Hey guys, just wanted to stop buy and say hey in your new section. Love the pics as well.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Nkelly
Farkall User

Oh noes,clay found us

I got me CPS and my AIH delete plug,thanks clay..

Yer DS ive lost about 10% performance with these bigger tyres,and fuel economy has gone up by about 2ltrs per hundred,i was around 15 to 16 LPH now im up to 17 to 18 LPH,once i do the exhaust and DP chip we'll see what happens then.

Oh and gday brian,hows things by the river

Quick Reply: FTE Australia Members, Welcome to your new home!