Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: LibTimothy

Tx chapter Welcome our New member

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 09:49 AM
Greg Combs
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by texans
Welcome Greg. I can't wait to see the pics. Are you doing a complet restore, modified, or what's the plan.
As with anything, I guess I'll do as much as I can afford within the confines of my wife's toleration

Realistically, I'd like to keep the exterior and dashboard as stock as possible, but spruce up the rest for convenience and safety. Reliable/efficient engine, electronic ignition (MSD or Pertronix), EFI once I can afford it (Pro-Flo2 or EZ-EFI), power steering, power disc brakes, modernized suspension (No-Limit Chassis pack?), three-point safety belts (Juliano's?), and air conditioning (Old Air Products?).

Old 11-30-2010, 10:40 AM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
sounds pretty sweet. Good luck and do post some pics once in a while of the progress.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:18 AM
Greg Combs
New User
65 F-100, unmolested pics

Originally Posted by texans
sounds pretty sweet. Good luck and do post some pics once in a while of the progress.
In my gallery, I've posted some pics of once we loaded it up for transport from my dad's house. Should give you a good idea of where I'm starting from. It's been stationary for 7 years, and driven intermittently a decade before that. This would explain why it only has 22,000 miles on it.

I've since rebuilt the carb (my first), changed the plugs, points, oil, fuel filter, and cleaned the syrup out of the gas tank with a half gallon of Berryman's B-12. After that, it started right up and idles great. Still have a stuck lifter or something, since I get some blue smoke from the left exhaust on heavy throttle. Driving it around the ranch, it feels right at home. The lights are all functional, but the horn isn't. Once that's remedied and the brake shoes are refreshed, I should be able to get it inspected.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:26 AM
BoomerTexas70's
Elder User
Howdy,

How is everyone doing? I am a born and raised Texan, now traveling for active duty military and unfortunately don't get to share the nice hot summers and mild winters with my fellow Texans. I was recently accepted and want to say thank you to alll involved.

A bit about me and my small (starting) collection, I joined the CG at 19 and have been in New Jersey, California, and Wisconsin since. I have and love my 66' Bronco, 79' F350 Ranger, and 04' F150 Heritage. I have lots of plans to accumalate many more. Currently I have devote all my time and extra efforts (money and resources) toward the 79' F350 "Mallory" I have been unable to figure out the picture process yet, not really "tech" savy myself. My name is Boomer from New Braunfels.

Thanks again, I enjoy trying to be a gearhead and all the fun experiences that come along with it. Ya'll have a great day and give my best to your FORD.

Boomer F

Old 12-01-2010, 11:58 AM
riverrat41
Postmaster

Welcome Boomer and most of all...Thanks For Your Service

Old 12-01-2010, 08:47 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome Boomer and another big thank you for your service. Sounds like you've got some nice trucks awaiting burnouts when you get home!!!

Old 12-02-2010, 07:52 AM
BoomerTexas70's
Elder User
I aprreciate the recognitoin fellas, but we all need to be recognized for something sometime. Other then the usual guys in the service and local law enforcement. I want to put this out there to all Mothers (if there are any on the forum) Fathers, Students, and Anyone currently employed (helping keep our Texas economy high in the ranks). Ya'll have a great day and a nice warm winter.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:27 PM
1NiceHarley
Senior User
Originally Posted by itsnotanova
I've been a member of FSB as long as I have been with FTE, but I've never said anything there. Seems like unless you're the know it all of 4x4's, you get flamed like crazy there. Not totally busting on FSB though. If you need to learn about "REAL" 4x4ing in a ford, that is the place to learn stuff. I also like FTE better because they have more than just one model of ford's. It gets old talking about the same thing over and over. Guess that's why I have a F150/V10, F250/460 4x4 and a F350/7.3... By the way Troy, I really like your truck too!!
Thanks! Sorry I missed this post earlier.
Welcome to all the new members also.
Greg can't wait to see some pics of the '65.

Old 12-02-2010, 09:41 PM
KBen
New User
Greetings all, I am on my 3rd PS with my 2005 Hauler. I haven't made any long trips yet but it does well on the short ones I have done. My previous PS was a 97 super cab, Exhaust brake, evolution chip 4" ehaust with air bags. Loved it but it was a 5 speed and my clutch leg went bawill see you around the fuel pumps.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:02 AM
f-250muddin
Junior User
hey does any one know a good transmission machanic?

Old 12-04-2010, 01:37 AM
rzns60
Senior User
Greetings all, glad to see a healthy truck community on here. Just working on a 56 that I wanted for a long time. I have a long project list to get where I want, so just enjoying this resource for all the great assistance it brings.

1996 Cobra Mustang

Old 12-04-2010, 09:34 AM
itsnotanova
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by rzns60
Greetings all, glad to see a healthy truck community on here. Just working on a 56 that I wanted for a long time. I have a long project list to get where I want, so just enjoying this resource for all the great assistance it brings.

1996 Cobra Mustang
Must be like Sophie's choice between the Mustangs and the F100. Which one do I drive today??lol.

Originally Posted by f-250muddin
hey does any one know a good transmission machanic?
Where do you live?

Old 12-04-2010, 10:59 PM
f-250muddin
Junior User
Originally Posted by itsnotanova
Must be like Sophie's choice between the Mustangs and the F100. Which one do I drive today??lol.

Where do you live?
east side of houston

Old 12-20-2010, 09:21 PM
texans
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Please welcome our new members Steve2916 , Iron Blue Saber, jtthomson, Fluke01, Jexes23, bdunaway78, carino, and pdisme.
Welcome to the Texas Chapter where the BS is high and the beer is always cold. Take a look around the chapter, and post on any thread you fell the need too (this is important in keeping the chapter alive). We have a Tx chapter members map where you can add yourself to, and see who is in your area here is a link to the map Tx chapter members/ fordtrucks.com fte - Google Maps We also have a Tx chapter photobucket here is a link to the thread where you post your pics for Robert (plumber01) to add them to the photobucket https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/95...more-pics.html If you don't mind let us know a little about yourself and your ride. If you have a sig add your first name to it. It is easier to get to know everyone by there name rather than there handle. Once again welcome to the chapter.

Old 12-22-2010, 03:40 AM
Steve2916
Freshman User
Membership acceptance

Thanks for the acceptance into your Texas chapter, I have had my 1979 F-150 4x4 Custom since July of 2010, 400 4 bbl engine, standard granny 4 speed, I bought this from an individual who did not take very good care of this vehicle. I plan on fixing it up back to its orginal condition as much as I can and will post pictures as the progress continues. I have lived in Texas all my life, 46 years, and have owned a 1977 4x4 that was stolen and a 1978 F150 XLT 4x4 that burned up. Made a little hiccup later on and bought a Chevrolet(sorry) and then came to my senses again and will stay Ford strong the rest of my life. Ford Blue runs through these Texas boys veins.

Quick Reply: Tx chapter Welcome our New member