6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

5th Wheel Prep Option

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 11:32 AM
mikebob
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ford/Reese hitch from the Ford Dealer is rated at 25K

Old 05-24-2010, 12:31 PM
gmenfan
New User
Originally Posted by mikebob
The Ford/Reese hitch from the Ford Dealer is rated at 25K
Wow. You got a good price. The 18K goes for $1250 and the 25K goes for $1600 from etrailer.com. I'll have to see if my Ford dealer cuts me a break, too. Thanks for the info!

Old 05-24-2010, 03:59 PM
mikebob
Junior User
Originally Posted by gmenfan
Wow. You got a good price. The 18K goes for $1250 and the 25K goes for $1600 from etrailer.com. I'll have to see if my Ford dealer cuts me a break, too. Thanks for the info!

I think most dealers will go 20% off the MSRP or $1,600 which is about $1,300 My dealer just went cost since I went to pick it up from his vendor.

Old 05-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Delawhere?
Senior User
Originally Posted by gmenfan
I still wonder, though, what the difference between the Signature and Elite series hitches is. I just don't know why the Elite is so much more - I'm assuming it offers newer or better features, but you know what they say about assuming...

thanks again!
Did a little research online and found that there is absolutely no difference in the hitches with the exception of the attachment to the bottom rails. The Signature Series hitch has been discontinued but can still be found at various dealers. If you purchase a Signature Series hitch you must buy the adapter for $109 - $125, to fit the 2011 rail kit, which makes the Signature Series the same as the Elite hitch, but you can save about $300. doing it this way. I have seen the Signature Series hitch for sale from $695 to $849, add the adapter kit and do the math, you will save money. Why, other than greed by Reese, can only explain the difference between the price of the two hitches.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You are correct Dela, they are basically the same. The Elite will come with an "connector in bed" wiring harness, witch is useless if you get the prep. option, so that may be some of the added cost, but not 500 bucks worth. I'm getting the Signature Series from my RV dealer and the adapter kit from etrailer, then all I'll need is the truck to put it in.
2011, F350, XLT, LWB, CC, 6.7, FX4, 20" wheels, 5er prep, bed liner, ordered April 8th..................

I wonder when Ford will have the molded mud flaps available?

Old 06-06-2010, 06:24 AM
gmenfan
New User
Picked up my new truck last night. Love it! Salesman told me that now you can order the 25K fifth wheel hitch right along with your truck as a $1300 option, so I expect that the price can be negotiated right along with the price of the truck. Next week he will let me know what price he can order it for now that I already have my truck.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:59 AM
Tomahawk
Postmaster
I'm happy you got your truck, but no pics?? I ordered the Reese Signature Series last week along with the a-dapter kit so I should be ready to tow, if I ever get my truck which is lost somewhere in order processing land. Nine weeks, no VIN, no ETA, no Camping.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:29 AM
gmenfan
New User
My new truck

Originally Posted by Tomahawk
I'm happy you got your truck, but no pics?? I ordered the Reese Signature Series last week along with the a-dapter kit so I should be ready to tow, if I ever get my truck which is lost somewhere in order processing land. Nine weeks, no VIN, no ETA, no Camping.
Thanks! I was lucky with my truck. Original estimate was up to 12 weeks which would have brought me into July. Actual wait was "only" 6 weeks, but I had "pre-traded" my F250 to get a better trade value, so I was without a truck all this time. Like you, no camping, and also no boating or picking up landscape supplies, so it was a loooong 6 weeks! But I LOVE my new truck! F350 XLT, SC, DRW, 4WD, 6.7 Powerstroke, factory spray-in liner, fifth wheel prep package, color is Golden Bronze.

Old 06-06-2010, 07:47 AM
gmenfan
New User
Pics

Originally Posted by Tomahawk
I created an album and posted 3 pictures. Click on my user name, then View Public Profile, then Albums.

Old 08-01-2010, 08:20 AM
cosninocanines
Freshman User
Thanks!
It took me forever to find any info on the package, but once I joined this group bingo-bango-bongo there it was.

F-350 Lariat, 6.7 Power Stroke, 6 speed auto, electronic locking axle, 4x4, bed spray, 5th wheel prep, rapid heat, block heater and 6 to eight weeks wait. Ordered 7/27/10.

Replacing 2000 F-250 XL power stroke 6 speed manual. Don't you know my left knee is one happy fellow!

Old 08-01-2010, 08:34 AM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
welcome.. there is also a thread about the wait..

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ml#post8850237

Sam

Old 08-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Bill Wolf
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by swengle
This thread is very timely as I will be buying a new F350 to pull the 5th wheel RV.

Question 1 - Is the 5th-wheel/gooseneck hitch prep package available for both the short bed and long bed? I have not been able to get the story on this, the local dealership did not even know. I would definitely prefer a short bed solution.

Question 2 - With a short bed, I'll need a slider hitch, such as the PullRite SuperGlide. PullRite has released a line of "industry standard SuperGlide fifth wheel hitches", which in reading between the lines of their press release, seems to indicate compatibility with Ford's 5th-wheel/gooseneck hitch prep package. I have an email into them, no reply yet.

PullRite has a SAFER, STRONGER, BETTER designed hitch for you

Reese has a manual slider in their Elite Series which from my reading here would work as a Plan B.

Thanks!

Steve

<!--EndFragment-->
Steve as stated in an earlier post the factory hitch package is not available on short beds.
If you are looking to buy A Reese slider I have a 16K for sale. It will need a rail kit though 'cause I left them in my '01 F350 when is sold it to by my '11 F450. PM me if interested.

Bill

Old 08-03-2010, 08:42 PM
sdetweil
Hotshot

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Bill Wolf
Steve as stated in an earlier post the factory hitch package is not available on short beds.
If you are looking to buy A Reese slider I have a 16K for sale. It will need a rail kit though 'cause I left them in my '01 F350 when is sold it to by my '11 F450. PM me if interested.

Bill
he can't PM you until you have 25 posts... you only have 18..

Sam

Old 08-04-2010, 08:05 AM
cosninocanines
Freshman User
Talked to my dealer yesterday and he is going to look into all my options for the hitch. Anybody here using the gooseneck hitch? I also wonder if in build 2 which I noted on another thread will affect any components on the hitch prep?

Old 08-04-2010, 08:27 AM
rickatic
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the short bed truck. When I had the B&W Turnover ball hitch installed the tech had to do a few things different than the 2010 and earlier trucks. This was done at a shop that does a ton of hitch installs.

Quick Reply: 5th Wheel Prep Option