Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2010, 07:17 PM
New User

sthrnforddriver is starting off with a positive reputation.
door locked cant get drivers door open

Have a 1994 f150 xlt with frozen lock acuator on drivers door its locked.
how can I open this door, the acuator is braded to the bottom corner of the door, is there a way to open this with out ruining my door panel ?
Old 05-08-2010, 11:48 AM
New User

7117 is starting off with a positive reputation.
were you able to open
Old 05-08-2010, 03:28 PM
Elder User

bulletsneverlie is starting off with a positive reputation.
You could try pulling up on the manual post with pliers while turning the key on the outside. If that doesn't work, you'll have to pull the door panel. It's gonna be tricky, may have to pull the dash (very tedious!), may have to just rip it out (door panel). You could pull the seat and cut your way into the door, but then you'll have to weld it back.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:03 PM
New User

thanx

thanx,, exactaly how I did it,, worked perfectly
Old 05-12-2010, 09:10 PM
New User

Hi,, have new problem now tho,, when it opened the acuator broke, and I dont have door keys ( only have the remote for power locks, now how do I remove the old door lock cylinders to replace with new ones. any help will be appreciated
Old 05-13-2010, 01:59 AM
Elder User

Dirt racer is starting off with a positive reputation.
If you have the door open you will see a metal tang that holds the cylinder in from the outer edge of the door. Use a screw driver to pry it out and then maybe a channel lock pliers to pull it the rest of the way. Then there is a clip that holds the rod on that connects to the door lock itself. You have to unlock that clip and pull the cylinder out and turn it so the rod comes out. I didn't have any door keys for my truck when I bought it. I removed the cylinders and put the ignition key in it. Then very carefully ground down the tabs (tumblers) that were sticking up with a small carbite 1/8 bit till it turned smoothly. But you could have a lock smith make you a key or replace with new cylinders. I just like the price the way I did it. Free.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:55 AM
New User

than you!

than you for the help, it is greatly apreciated. alex
Old 05-14-2010, 12:13 AM
Elder User

bulletsneverlie is starting off with a positive reputation.
Glad you got it
Old 09-21-2010, 10:42 AM
New User

94 ford 150 lost cruise control

I had a problem with hooking a trailer, When I plugged in lights for a trailer I lost
my cruise and abs light came on,, found blown fuse in power distribution box on lt fender under hood for cruise and abs, so I replaced the after market connector to
add trailer light wire with a new one,, Now I have no cruise control and cant find any
blown fuses, any one have any ideas? any help will be highly appreciated, thnx.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:42 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks

Tags
2001, 2004, door, doors, easy, expedition, f150, f250, ford, keys, locked, open, opening, screwdriver, truck, videos