Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Freshman User
Garage is empty, add now

BigB is starting off with a positive reputation.
some new work

Click the image to open in full size.

Hello all,
too long between posts - I've been meaning to take time and share some results from my recent visit to Troyer.
Back in March our family took a cruise out of Florida and I dropped the truck off with Mike, Anita and the gang on the way. There is a long story about the trip back through Virginia - all good but for this post I'll leave it at things took a little longer than planned with the truck & there is nothing to the story I haven't told my wife ;-)
I drive a completely stock looking 2007 BLK FX4 sc long box... The truck started with a dealer installed Roush intcld sc, R off road cat back, Bilstien shocks, & the R front roll bar upgrade. My first upgrade was a mail order tune from Troyer that really woke up the R set up. The next step was the first trip to Mike's shop. We did what has become a well documented set of upgrades: E fan's, 2lb pully, coils and Dynatec long tubes. This hardware with some time on Mike's dyno created a whole new beast. I had the opportunity to take the truck out on a road course with this set up and we had a blast putting down better lap times than stock 07 mustang GT's (automatics) we had rented for some of our guests. The instructors couldn't believe how well the truck handled.
The factory brakes held up well on the track but there is no question, I took a year off them in a day... When they were eventually done I went with the full SSBC set up: 3 piston calipers up front, drilled / slotted rotors all around. Great stopping power and less dust than the factory set up.
I added a Hellwig rear sway bar at the time the brakes were done. This is tricky with a duel exhaust but I love what it's done for the truck.
All the above was done before I pulled up to Mikes shop in my salt encrusted black beauty back in March for my second visit to Troyer.
On the agenda for this visit
  • a new exhaust set up: true duel with an x pipe & MagnaFlow's
  • "SnakeBite"
  • Troyer duel fuel pump up grade
  • "A" pillar gauge pack - to make sure I don't blow up :-)
  • transmission valve body
The results are above - I haven't had an opportunity to do any proper runs but I did set up my Iphone ap for a 2 wheel drive jump off the light at the start of the local toll route - zero to the legal limit (100km) in 5.3... traction is an issue as they say. :-) I'm thrilled with the get up and go for something this heavy. If you are considering the "SnakeBite" upgrade for your blower, you will read / hear about how hard and how fast the torque builds - it is true!
I mentioned a long story earlier - not everything went to plan with this project and I spent a few days in town on the way home from Florida while the team at Troyer worked out the bugs. Some of our troubles were related to the salt we have on the roads up here. But when you are taking a stock set up to where these mods do - things can go wrong. Mike and the team at Troyer are 100% good for their solid reputation - my truck was up on Mike's Dyno for three days solid, after I got there, while they worked none stop to get me back on the road. I know the work was piling up in the parking lot. It is also true that Mike won't let the truck go unless it is right.
I did have the opportunity to better understand than I normally would what we were doing and where some of the problems were coming from. This next round of upgrades was more than "bolt on" - the "SnakeBite" / port & polish of the supercharger is more of the same so to speak (a lot more - it is making over 12lbs of boost) but the fuel pump is a bigger deal.... Do your research - happy to answer any questions if any of the above is on your list. If you know what you are getting into - the results are a ton of fun.
I love my Ford!
cheers,
Old 05-09-2010, 08:57 PM
Elder User
2005 Ford F-150

Raider50 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow, that sounds amazing. I always wanted to take our 05 roushcharged to troyer but i just never got around to it. Money was always a concern lol. But those are some real impressive numbers. So how can you shove that much boost into stock internals? I was told that 8psi or so was the "safe" limit. But obviously not, I really envy you and your truck. (i am driving a subaru outback now) So are there any more plans for the truck?
Old 06-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Freshman User
Garage is empty, add now

00Harleydavidson is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sounds like it is on it's way to be a beast!
Old 06-27-2010, 10:19 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150

Tags
ford, forum, snakebite, troyer, truck, work