Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > West Virginia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Archion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2010, 08:06 PM
WV Chapter LDR

Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.
partsguymatt PartsGuyMatt mvose OVC Archion
Any WV Vehicle Insectoion Techs or those knowledgeable in the art therof...

EDIT: The above should read Inspection Techs...

Looking at doing something with my exhaust. This past snow fall and the salt did a number under the old girl. I also have a cat in the beginning throes of clogging. Thinking about running duals. A new cat might not make it back on there if I can avoid it. I know what federal laws tend to say on the subject, but what about WV, a neighbor tells me my truck is too old for the emission regs to hold, but he does have some wierd ideas from time to time... I have ways of getting it inspected if need be, but would like to be close to quasi legal maybe...lol
#22needsaface - Help serve those who served you.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:39 PM
The village idiot.

KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.KevinGnWV has a good reputation on FTE.
Running without a cat wont be legal, but...inspection techs rarely look unless your truck is obscenely loud, then you may have a problem, and not just at the inspection station.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Postmaster

1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold1975StroppeBaja is a splendid one to behold
Well, back around 1995 when I would get my '84 Ranger inspected, the mechanic would do a visual inspection for the converter. Mine was punched out but it never mattered because the test was just a visual.

To be safe, you might punch it out and put the converter shell back on there.

I don't know if there's some sort of year cutoff for emissions checks. I haven't had an actual inspection in years. The mechanics know I take care of my vehicles so they pretty much just put a sticker on them when I show up.

Click - My Super Duty Tech Articles
1975 Baja Bronco Project
1984 Ranger 4x4 R.I.P Nov 2007
Old 05-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Posting Guru

5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.5_labsownus has a good reputation on FTE.
I have my inspection license.

By federal and state law the vehicle must have all emission equipment in place and in working order that came from the factory.
An inspection mechanic must do a visual and the converter must be in place. It is also against the law for a mechanic or shop to remove or render any OEM emissions equipment inoperative in WV.

The inspection mechanic is to receive the insurance cert and registration card and remove the old sticker. Inspect the vehicle and any 1 failed point is grounds for and rejection sticker until the repairs are made. Other wise a new sticker can be placed on the vehicle.

That is pretty much how it is written and is supposed to work.

Hope that helps

Rod

This is my RCA dog look!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:50 AM
WV Chapter LDR

Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.Archion has a spectacular reputation.
partsguymatt PartsGuyMatt mvose OVC Archion
Thanks Guys, the exhaust kist I was looking at didnt provide for them, I think I'll just get a couple of bullet cats and weld them in, it's gonna get real duals one way or another.
#22needsaface - Help serve those who served you.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:50 AM