Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-05-2010, 07:12 AM
Posting Guru

FordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to allFordBlueHeart is a name known to all
Ernie Harwell passes away at 92

As I'm sure most of you have heard the news.
I was fortunate enough to meet this great man among boys in the first year of the new stadium. A friend of mine who worked at a local news station got us press passes and I was lucky enough to sit in the booth with Ernie. Later on I got to sit in the dugout, but I remember my few moments with Ernie even more.
Listening to his voice, brought comfort and joy as there was always the chance the Tigers could pull through. But his classy delivery and penchant for bringing the little guys into the game, is what I will remember most. God Bless you Ernie!
2014 Escape Titanium Ecoboost 2.0crappyMPG!
Old 05-05-2010, 06:41 PM
Posting Guru

maevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud ofmaevans has much to be proud of
Well said.

R.I.P Mr. Harwell

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:24 AM
Postmaster

fordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to beholdfordtruckman is a splendid one to behold
Every time I hear his voice it reminds me of my childhood and riding in the truck with my dad. He used to always have Tigers games on the radio.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/MatthewSimmons08/f150]
Old 05-06-2010, 01:04 PM
So Little To Say!!!

BIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputationBIGKEN has a superb reputation
Being an avid baseball fan...I enjoyed hearing Ernie call a game. Unfortunately...I didn't get to enjoy it often. RIP!!!

RIP...Hannah...affectionately known as Cujo...7/7/00-8/9/14.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
=( It made me a bit sad.
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:56 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter