Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Texas Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Texas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 75Three90

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Postmaster

riverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to all
Rattlesnake hunters

Do we have any snake hunters in the group?Just wonderring if you did any good this spring?I need some new dens to work.
02 F-350 4x4 Auto ,David Lott Tunes, 4''Exhaust, 6637w/Pete's Cover, Crossover, AIH Delete, Foil Delete, Garrett 38R, Ped Gutted, Riffraff FRX ,Tugger Kit, Isspro Gauges, CCV, Recon smoke cab lights, Camo seat covers, Replacement Bumpers, Hutch/Harpoon ,Cold A/C Mod, True Cool ,Bellowed Pipes,HO injectors,T-500.
2012 F350 4x4 Auto FX4
Old 05-04-2010, 09:03 AM
Postmaster

texans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to behold
I don't hunt them but I do get em when I see em. Witch is a lot in the oil field.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Postmaster

riverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to allriverrat41 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by texans View Post
I don't hunt them but I do get em when I see em. Witch is a lot in the oil field.
I bet you do...Skin them things for me and throw them in the freezer .....I know,that is alot to ask.
02 F-350 4x4 Auto ,David Lott Tunes, 4''Exhaust, 6637w/Pete's Cover, Crossover, AIH Delete, Foil Delete, Garrett 38R, Ped Gutted, Riffraff FRX ,Tugger Kit, Isspro Gauges, CCV, Recon smoke cab lights, Camo seat covers, Replacement Bumpers, Hutch/Harpoon ,Cold A/C Mod, True Cool ,Bellowed Pipes,HO injectors,T-500.
2012 F350 4x4 Auto FX4
Old 05-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Post Fiend

plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.
profile.php?id=100000919328414 @TRUMBATURE Robert Trumbature FORD-MANIAC
Rattlesnake Hunters? Really? I don't hunt them either, they usually find me first!
CLICK HERE to JOIN the TEXAS CHAPTER
Check out the Texas Chapter pictures

Old 05-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Elder User

knash0727 is starting off with a positive reputation.
When they find me they find a 45 or a shovel, whichever is at arms length.
Vanessa - 85 F250 6.9L Diesel Standard cab 2wd LWB
Dead for now
Grandma - 74 F100 6.4L 390 Standard cab 2wd LWB
Old 05-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Post Fiend

plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.plumber01 has a spectacular reputation.
Not trying to sound too macho but I did kill one with a field knife once.....sure luck but story is cool

Old 05-07-2010, 03:36 AM
Elder User

knash0727 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thats cool. I wouldnt... lol
Vanessa - 85 F250 6.9L Diesel Standard cab 2wd LWB
Dead for now
Grandma - 74 F100 6.4L 390 Standard cab 2wd LWB
Old 05-08-2010, 09:32 AM
GateKeeper

DRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputation
Thumbs up Fresh Kill

I have never been on a rattle round up but would not mined doing that. I did have a daunting pleasure of killing a 46" Cotton Mouth on my front porch last night.

Wife was pissed that I was doing it barefooted.

Our 24/7 burgular alarm went off ( 6 pound pomeranian ) like there was no tomorrow.

Dang thing was sliding up the glass door.

Tools used Frog gigger, hoe, .22 air rifle.

Frog gigged it first. To hold it in place. Stabbed it with one prong through the middle.
You know it did not like that too much so the venom slanging was going on and the stink was in the air. Strong pungent musk.

Popped it once with the air rifle and the took it away from the koi pond and used the hoe for the finally.

Now that I think about it too bad I did not get any pics.

There was one thing that was very unfortunate.

My beer got hot.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Postmaster

texans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to behold
Hell of a story Rocky. Wish you got pics. I would like to see that
Old 05-08-2010, 11:33 AM
GateKeeper

DRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputationDRRXR has a superb reputation
I chunked it out the back by a bar ditch and came around the front to wash the draveway down. Heard a noise over head and saw a owl with a snake flying overhead. I bet it was it. I know its not where I threw it too many animals travel that area. I live real close to a wildlife habitat. I will try and get the wife to take some pics next time. If I can get her to come out side. LOL
Old 05-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Postmaster

Them cottonmouths do stink.I have only seen one up this way but he got my attention and I have hunted snakes since I was a kid.
I wish we still had frogs to gig up here.I sure like em'
2012 F350 4x4 Auto FX4
Old 05-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Post Fiend

Someone once asked if I wanted frog legs and I said no mine were fine like they are

Old 05-09-2010, 10:10 AM
GateKeeper

Taste like chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber01 View Post
Someone once asked if I wanted frog legs and I said no mine were fine like they are
Good one Robert
Old 05-11-2010, 07:40 PM
GateKeeper

Arrow HELL FROZE OVER

Told you boys if it happened again I would get some pics.

Well it happen this evening. There is a good story to go with it. But I will post that later. I need to set down and have a couple of cool ones after this guy. He was a fighter.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

WOW this one stunk so bad it smelled like a skunk.

Whew weee!
Beer time See yall later.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Postmaster

I'll drink to that Rocky
Old 05-11-2010, 07:43 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southwest Region > Texas Chapter

Tags
abilene, central, glen, hunters, huntersabilene, hunterstexas, north, oilfield, rattle, rattlesnake, rattlesnakehunters, rose, snake, teh, texas