May Chat / All Topic Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 11:39 PM
tojoski
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May Chat / All Topic Thread

Good evening Arkansas.

I hope everybody made it through all this weather without any damages or injury..

Old 05-03-2010, 06:36 AM
bill henry
Senior User
Good morning Arkansas. Hope everyone came thru the storms alright. Good morning joe and steve

Old 05-03-2010, 06:40 AM
mechmagcn
Logistics Pro
Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
What weather??? We had one short lived heavy rain here yesterday, but none of the severe weather that hit elsewhere.
Good Morning All!!!!!

Old 05-03-2010, 07:32 PM
mudder460
Posting Guru
We had a tornado hit a few streets down but that was it.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:42 AM
bill henry
Senior User
Good morning all. Hope everyone has a lovely day. Good morning Joe, Jeff and Steve.

Old 05-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Evening all, had a fairly productive day. I pulled the Scotty up to the post office(six mile round trip)to see how it's gonna handle...and to get a few pics on level ground.

Got most of the mechanical and electrical stuff sorted out on the trailer, packed the bearings, new tires, cleaned and lubed all the electrical brake parts(not hooked up yet). Had to get a new propane regulator and bottle. Still got a lot to do, not to mention the paint, but we're gonna try her out this weekend to see how we like not having to set up a tent.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:58 AM
bill henry
Senior User
Hope every thing works out ok Crow

Old 05-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Will P
Senior User
That is a pretty cool setup ya got there!

Old 05-05-2010, 10:36 PM
Old_Crow
Laughing Gas
Well, it probably won't look so cool behind the jeep. Found another leaking wheel cylinder today, so I bought kits for both the front ones(rears already replaced)and front and rear shoes. Got all that installed, bled the system and while I was pressing as hard as I could to test the m/c, it blew a line off. Seems someone had patched a broken line with a compression fitting and I didn't see it.
At that point I gave up on taking the truck north tomorrow. I'll fix it after the weekend. Might be time for the split m/c I've got on the shelf since I got to make lines anyway.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Will P
Senior User
Bummer dude! I guess that is part of the fun of owning these old trucks though.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:20 PM
bill henry
Senior User
Man, what bad luck. But part of owning a beautiful old truck.

Old 05-07-2010, 12:57 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Morning everyone, been a couple of humid days here lately. I know we get this crap every year, I just forget for a short while why I hate summer in these parts. And to think, we've only got another 3-4 months of it....oh Joy!
Originally Posted by Old_Crow
Still got a lot to do, not to mention the paint, but we're gonna try her out this weekend to see how we like not having to set up a tent.
You'll love it! I used to tent camp all the time, but after a long week of vacation with my wife 10-11 years ago...it became clear that tent camping isn't her cup of coffee. Now trailer camping...she enjoys it. My only rule is no TV or Microwave while camping....got to have the a/c here in Arkansas though. Her version of "roughing it" is a room at the Best Western.

Old 05-07-2010, 01:25 AM
tojoski
Posting Guru
All it took for us was one overnight thunderstorm to put us in the market for a camper.

Dang... its the 7th of May and I haven't been camping, or even put the boat in the water and see if it feels like running this year..

Old 05-07-2010, 01:46 AM
zhilton
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tojoski
All it took for us was one overnight thunderstorm to put us in the market for a camper.
That's one thing a good trailer will have over a tent any day of the week. The boy and I went camping with his scout pack last May at Queen Wilamena. No trailers, tents only. Just happened to be the same weekend a cold front came through. For those that have never been to Queen Wilamena (just outside Mena)...the whole park is on top of a mountain about cloud level. July & August are great months to visit, it's always 20 degrees cooler there compared to Mena....and it's only 14 miles on the Hwy between the two.
Originally Posted by tojoski
Dang... its the 7th of May and I haven't been camping, or even put the boat in the water and see if it feels like running this year..
You weren't one of the dozen or so guys dragging a boat to Trimmel today? I know I saw at least 4 Super Duties head down that way by Jones Mill. Maybe someday we'll buy a boat...it would be a pontoon just because I don't care to fish, but enjoy swimming. Too many other toys right now that need to be paid off before buying anymore. Still, and do mean STILL trying to talk the wife into the 50th anniversary Mustang. I tried sweating the deal by saying I'd sell one of my toys in the garage. She didn't bit....may have to cough up another diamond ring.

Old 05-07-2010, 08:49 AM
bill henry
Senior User
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go,TGIF. Good morning Joe and Steve.

Quick Reply: May Chat / All Topic Thread