Bed Covers, Tonneau covers, Toppers/Canopies & Bed liners Tonneau cover, caps, racks, canopies, shells, etc.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with a Tonneau Cover

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 07:55 PM
MikeCFX4
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with a Tonneau Cover

Hi Everyone,

New here.

And I need some help.

My pops owns a 2009 F150 FX4 and is wanting a Tonneau cover.

What do you guys recommend.

The dealer was trying to sell him on the Foldacover - since he wants one that folds but they're so expensive here in Canada.

Any good quality places to find these guys cheap?

Or which do you recommend that are the same quality or better to the FoldaCover?

All the help is greatly appreciated. Thank You all.

Old 05-03-2010, 07:50 PM
TruckDaddy
Elder User
FoldACover is good, Advance Cover is basically the same cover but much easier to install. Actually, the owners of FoldACover and Advance Cover are brothers or cousins or something.

Best bang for your buck cover is an Undercover. It costs less and has a lot of utility.

Old 05-04-2010, 12:18 AM
MikeCFX4
New User
is that cover the same quality as foldacover?

Old 06-18-2020, 10:01 AM
SpelHD
New User
Look into the Diamondback HD. Made in the USA, Tough, and looks Great.
Forget those Flip, Roll, and Folding covers.

Old 06-22-2020, 02:19 PM
JS2003
New User
Since this topic was from 2010, I would guess he already found his tonneau...

Old 06-22-2020, 07:34 PM
NCMike
Freshman User
Had a Pace Edwards Jackrabbit on my last truck. It leaked badly and faded out quickly even using the treatment they recommended. The leaking was so bad, we couldn’t put our suitcases in the back unless they were in plastic tubs or garbage bags. Several months ago I put a Retrax Pro XR on my new truck and love it. I’ve only found a few drops of water in the rear corners after a big rain. Also like the overall operating system much better. Not cheap, but worth the money to me. After 10 years, hope you're not still looking

Last edited by NCMike; 06-22-2020 at 07:36 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 06-25-2020, 09:31 AM
BigSpenda864
Mountain Pass
Originally Posted by NCMike
Had a Pace Edwards Jackrabbit on my last truck. It leaked badly and faded out quickly even using the treatment they recommended. The leaking was so bad, we couldn’t put our suitcases in the back unless they were in plastic tubs or garbage bags. Several months ago I put a Retrax Pro XR on my new truck and love it. I’ve only found a few drops of water in the rear corners after a big rain. Also like the overall operating system much better. Not cheap, but worth the money to me. After 10 years, hope you're not still looking
I wanted a roll up cover for my 2018 F250 that had rails for racks but would also not interfer with my fifth wheel hitch and pin box. I did a ton of research and ended up getting a Pace Edwards Ultragroove. It is a pretty nice cover and worked pretty well for a while. It leaks like crazy now and its starting to interfer with my tailgate dropping when I hit the button. Its also gotten harder to shut the tailgate. I had it installed by the Leonard dealer instead of doing it myself. My thought was that they would have move experience putting in covers and therefore do a better job. I am not sure if the installation is the issue or the cover itself. I have thought of taking it off and reinstalling it to see if I can improve on it but haven't gotten around to it.

I went and looked at a 2020 F350 the other day and it had the Ford retracktable cover on it. I guess its a Retrax from what others have said. It had been raining heavily a few hours before I was looking and the bed was bone dry. When I get a new truck, I was thinking I would get whatever that cover was instead of sticking with Pace Edwards.

Old 06-25-2020, 03:27 PM
BPofMD
FTE Legend

Received 1,098 Likes on 998 Posts
Jast spend the $ now and get a good dependable cover. The company sponsoring this forum, Peragon, has the best cover. Aluminum, made in the US of A ! I have one on my F250 and tow a 30" fiver. No interference at all.

Old 01-17-2021, 02:56 PM
jasenj1
New User
I'm diving down this hole now. Bought a 2020 F150 this week. Time to load it up with accessories.
At the moment I'm leaning towards the Gator Hybrid. Install & removal looks very easy. More security than a soft cover.

Edit: Just checked out Peragon. Interesting. More install work, but the slats can be removed very easy. I will say they appear to be making bank on the "upgrades". $59 for what looks like $10 worth of clamps. $29 for stainless steel? I think I could buy that from Lowes for a lot cheaper.

Edit 2: Ordered the Gator Hybrid. I'll let you know how it works out.