1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Magic Air heater emblems

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 07:56 PM
51dueller
Lead Driver
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
The picture I posted is from my 1951 Mercury M-3 and I have another one like it from a 1951 Ford F-5. My other 1951 Mercury M-3 one was missing.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:56 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The picture in Julie's post is not mine.

This is mine from the all original 51 Panel.

I thought that we came to a concesus in the previous heater post that the emblem as above is from a 51 and the one Julie has pictured is from a 52.

I will need at least one of the 51s, maybe two if the 52s can't be reproduced.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:59 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by fifty-two_f1
Well I figured someone would find it eventually. I wanted to sell one and see what they will bring. I know the first few will probably go high, then the price will settle down. I just did not want to price them to anyone out of wack.
$20 seems reasonable for this piece. How many more do you have already made? Can we start placing an order now?

Old 04-30-2010, 08:23 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm so confused about whos picture is whos. BUT it's not important.

It's a nice emblem and with all this interest we have, (despite the newly discovered dubious nature with which the conversation started) I'm wondering if the OP will offer his "friends" here at FTE a "$19.95 BUY IT NOW" with "20 Available" and save us from the trouble of coordinating not bidding against each other - if we offer him bulk sales?

Only sounds fair to me.

BTW aren't they suspending folks for 3 months for selling on the forum boards? Wasn't there a "These are the Rules" thread Adrian posted about a month ago?

Old 04-30-2010, 08:45 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 260 Likes on 214 Posts
I, too, have been wondering if Morris or Adrian is/are monitoring this thread. Stu

Old 04-30-2010, 09:18 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by truckdog62563
I, too, have been wondering if Morris or Adrian is/are monitoring this thread. Stu
I don't see how this is a "selling" thread. He didn't post anything for sale. It was merely a post about possibly introducing a needed reproduction part. Any sales, would obviously take place through PM's or emails.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:48 PM
fifty-two_f1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I wont be selling them in the forum. I dont want to cause trouble for myself. I cannot sell them for 20 or I will loose money. The more I order, the cheaper they get. First I have to see what they will do on ebay before the order for more goes in. I dont want to order a batch and not be able to sell them.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:03 PM
51PanelMan
Post Fiend
What about a pre-order with an open price? This way, you'll know how much retail price would be after all of the pre-orders have been submitted.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:08 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by 51PanelMan
I don't see how this is a "selling" thread. He didn't post anything for sale. It was merely a post about possibly introducing a needed reproduction part. Any sales, would obviously take place through PM's or emails.
I guess there's a fine line there- If Stu hadn't posted the e-bay link then I guess we may not have known the whole story.

Originally Posted by fifty-two_f1
Well I wont be selling them in the forum. I dont want to cause trouble for myself. I cannot sell them for 20 or I will loose money. The more I order, the cheaper they get. First I have to see what they will do on ebay before the order for more goes in. I dont want to order a batch and not be able to sell them.
There would be no need for preorder speculation if the folks here were to tell you they wanted them and with an order you could quote a price based on Pre orders.

Fact of the matter is, I'm not enitrely comfotrtable with the "salesmanship methods" being used here and I'll wait for Dennys Friend based on Dennys word.

I'd rather spend $50 with an integrity oriented business than feel like I'm being manipulated - as I do on this thread. Just my opinion - I could be mis interpreting, but, that's my option - as the customer.

Thanks Stu!

Old 04-30-2010, 11:46 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
So here we are . Finally have all the parts for the heaters (replacement 12 V motors ) and a source . I have the boots under control , both styles . Have plenty of fresh air tubes to make molds from and fifty-two_f1 has the emblems for the motor covered . Seems like all of us that started out on this venture with research , info and parts have finished the project . All involved should be proud of themselves on this endeavuor .
Don't see any way the talented man who made the badges was trying to sell anything on the forum .He was simply stating his approach to the marketing side of the emblems .
I did some test marketing also when I first started out with the heater boots as Julie can attest to by the conversations her Dad and I had .
Making the heater boots was simply a matter of needing one for the purest completion of the Magic Air heater system for the 1ST-RIDE and the stock truck .Anything else that came out of that process was a perk . If you figure in the price of the 2 part rubber , the time it took to make the molds and hand pour each heater boot , curing time and extraction the cost of a boot is quite reasonable . I am not going to retire on the income from heater boots , fresh air tubes and e-brake cable boots .
The cost of the e-brake cable boots pre unit ( 2 ) will gradually decrease for me when more are sold . To make one set it would cost prohibitive as it would be to make 1 heater emblem .
I am on the list for some emblems .He did a fantastic job and would like to support his venture if the cost is reasonable . I hope fifty-two_F1 realizes how many Magic Air heaters need emblems . They always got knocked off by people using the heater as a foot rest .There is alot of trucks out there F-1 and up that used the same heater . I did not realize how many trucks needed heater boots until word got out that they were available. Many thanks to all FTE people for the support .
Will still ask my buddy at the CNC shop his thoughts on making the badges . I know he could engrave the Magic Air on the badge in the correct font .
Are we all in concensus on the '51 being red , the '52 being lt. yellow & the merc truck badge raised lettering or such ? Thanks , Denny

Old 05-01-2010, 02:31 AM
BlueOvalRage
Cargo Master

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
I will personally vouch for fifty-two_f1. I've been to his place, did some trading with him, and checked out his trucks. He's a good guy and a Ford truck nut just like the rest of us. There's nothing disingenuous or shady in his nature whatsoever. He's just trying to guage interest and figure out whether he can offer them at a reasonable price. Surely no one expects him to lose money on a large run that nobody wants to buy. I've asked him a couple times to join this forum because I felt like he could make a strong contribution here. After reading some of these comments, I'm frankly a bit embarrassed that I invited him. If we're going to allow and encourage other members to peddle their reproduction and used parts under the table here (and I see no problem with this), then I think it is more than a little hypocritical to flag this new member for testing the waters as well.

With that said, I was under the impression that we had all agreed that this is a '51 emblem here on Ilya's heater:

and that this is a '52 emblem on my heater here:

51dueller will have to confirm, but I don't think that the badges on the Merc trucks were different.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:13 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Ok if you two guys say so, I believe you.

I just wish he would have been a little more forthright in stating he already had them for sale on e-bay. Maybe this is just another internet "tone mix-up" thing. Nobodies perfect - me or others.

So fifty-two_f1 if I've brought unfair caution on you falsly I'm sorry...probably my misunderstanding based on the word of two members I do know and trust.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:14 AM
51dueller
Lead Driver
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
For 1951 I know Ford and Mercury are the same. For 1952 not sure as haven't came across many. But looking at this diagram from my 1952 Canadian part catalogue I'd venture a guess that we just carried over the 1951 one.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:58 AM
fifty-two_f1
Fleet Mechanic
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did not tell you guys that they were on ebay because I figure the first one will go high. So if it brings 150 then nobody will want to buy them at 150. I understand that. I was testing the waters for what people will give. I have been working on having these made for four months. I have put a lot of thought into this. I dont want to screw anyone out of there money. I just wanted to put these out on the market because for every 1 heater I see with an emblem there are 10 more that are gone.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:30 AM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 260 Likes on 214 Posts
I've posted this before, but here's the best '52 badge I've seen. Can't say for certain that the color is right.

Something I've wondered about for you guys reproducing these parts is whether Ford would, when (not if) they found out, require licensing agreements to use their name or "Magic Air" logo if that's trademarked. Back a few years ago, when Ford was restructuring its debt and selling rights to the use of its name, we heard a lot of horror stories about the lawyers going after everybody that was profiting from their name. Maybe you've looked into that already, but just a thought. Stu

Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Magic Air heater emblems