Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Electrical Systems/Wiring
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Posting Guru

thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.
Headlight Wiring Diagram 02 F250 w/DRL

Anyone have a source for a headlight wiring diagram for a 2002 F250 with DRL? I need to figure out why my headlights only work when they feel like it.

The DRL work, though sometimes I wish they didn't (truck came from Canada). Flash to pass and all the other lights and functions work. But intermittently, the low beam and high beam function quit working. I drove home at 11:00PM last night with the markers and DRL only.

With the wiring diagram I have, I am leaning towards the switch or a loose wire behind it. This diagram doesn't have the DRL, and the fuse numbers don't match the manual, so I don't think I have the right one.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:23 AM

Franklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant future
Go to autozone and register(it's pretty painless with no side affects that I have noticed). Then plug in your truck and then click on "vehicle repair guides" Then click on wiring diagrams. They have really good factory type diagrams for your year truck.

1989 F250 XLT Diesel
Old 04-28-2010, 12:00 PM
Posting Guru

thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.thomabb has a great reputation on FTE.
Found it. This is a great resource. Thanks.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Posting Guru

Well, the switch seems to be working. I am going into the column to check the multifunction switch tonight. I have a bad feeling about this one . . .
Old 04-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Junior User

rtg143 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It probably is the switch. Here are the DRL diagrams.
Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Posting Guru

I found a loose wire in the column. I think it is the wire for the door open/key in ignition chime. When I touched it to a ground, I could watch the lights go out. Right now I have it outside the column and taped off. The only thing that doesn't work now is the chime.

I am no electrician, but I'll be damned if I can see on the schematics how those two circuits interract. When it was grounding out, it would interrupt the headlight power from the turn signal switch to the fuses. Finding it was pure luck.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Junior User

At least you got it working. You can bypass the DRL by using the above diagrams. You connect the red/yellow to the red/black on the DRL module, (disconnect from DRL), and the DRL is bypassed.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:56 AM
Posting Guru

I thought pulling the fuse would disable the DRL? That's my next project.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:23 AM
Junior User

That's right, fuse #6.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:23 AM