Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Expedition & Navigator 1997 - 2002 and 2003 - 2006 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2010, 11:12 PM
New User

jclape is starting off with a positive reputation.
not sure if i need to replace fuse box or gem module

ok i know that the winshield leaked into the fuse box and the Theft/Locking MODULE i actually had to drain it there was so much water in it . all the doors lock but only the drivers door unlocks and the drivers window and the rear passanger window both dont go down. when the leak caused all the issues the window was still working up and down but only if the radio shut off on its own then other items worked when it all dried out i took the fuse box out and spayed it with pb blaster to dry it out and looked at the gem it looked good no corrosion that i could see. any clue why doors lock but dont unlock and window issues. its to expensive to replace all of it gem and fuse box even used i cant find the right year fuse box used and gem would have to be programed
Old 04-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Postmaster

Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.
There is several posts regarding this. One for sure includes a detailed pictorial on cleaning the fuse box and maybe the gem module, do a thorough search, you should be able to find it.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:38 PM
New User

jclape is starting off with a positive reputation.
i have looked over the past3 days here and different forums an found lots of the same issues with no answers that have worked
Old 06-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Freshman User

03BLKEB is starting off with a positive reputation.
I searched for cleaning the fuse box / gem with no luck finding the post with pics, anyone else searching differently and have luck?

Thank you
Old 06-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Postmaster

Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.Moto Mel has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BLKEB View Post
I searched for cleaning the fuse box / gem with no luck finding the post with pics, anyone else searching differently and have luck?

Thank you
Send a PM to alloro, he seems to be the resident historian of this forum. I've read the posts but now I can't find them either.
Old 06-24-2010, 01:11 AM
Post Fiend

alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Mel View Post
Send a PM to alloro, he seems to be the resident historian of this forum. I've read the posts but now I can't find them either.
Hey, you said it so you do the research and then back it up with the link! Besides, I already looked and couldn't find it either, nor do I remember ever seeing it.

BTW, I have PMs turned off.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:15 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloro View Post
Hey, you said it so you do the research and then back it up with the link! Besides, I already looked and couldn't find it either, nor do I remember ever seeing it.

BTW, I have PMs turned off.

I may have seen this issue and it's fix on the F 150 or Excursion forum. I have a tendancy to wander around a bit. I'll try to look there later. I have to attend to some "Honey Do" stuff for a while today.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Postmaster

Here's the link to the info I was mentioning. Pay close attention to post #9.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/87...l?nojs=1#links

Let us know your results.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:50 AM
Freshman User

Hooie2013 is starting off with a positive reputation.
So how did it work out for you?
Old 08-29-2013, 05:28 PM
New User

CHIEFSOU is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had similar issues removed Gem cleaned circuit board and resoldered many resistors that had poor solder and fixed it myself for free. everything works great now.
Old 08-30-2013, 08:08 AM
Post Fiend

alloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to allalloro is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIEFSOU View Post
removed Gem cleaned circuit board and resoldered many resistors that had poor solder and fixed it myself for free.
Interesting...I think you're the first person to post about cold solder joints being the cause of GEM issues. I'll have to keep that in mind as a possible solution in the future.

Rep points to you!
Old 08-30-2013, 10:19 AM
New User

CHIEFSOU is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yep FORD is notorious for using large flat surface mount resistors that build heat and they always come loose, fixed many overhead displays for compass/gas monitor modules same problem, in the EXPY also fixed odometer light being out same type of issue resolder pins and resistors now it works perfect, all these boards are soldered by machines and fail over time, 99.9% of the time re soldering will fix most issues or leaky capacitors in any other case depends on age of vehicle and Electrical problem this holds true with anything electronic caps or poor solder repairs save you hundreds of dollars on all types of electronics.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:30 AM
Posting Guru

WALJON is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have a 98 and have the same issues found my problem this weekend when I started doing body work. My rockers are all rotten so I removed my running boards and started cutting out the rotten rockers I then noticed a hole in the floor on the drivers side I took all the plastic kick panels out on the drivers side inside to find a wiring block of some kind (I have no Idea what it is called)that had been exposed to the elements for some time and it is all green the parking brake cable also comes through the floor here I am figuring that is my problem .

Hope this helps wiring gremlins suck.
Old 07-20-2014, 11:29 AM
New User

taz1974 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hello, I am looking for some information about the fuse box/GEM moduel. I have a 2003 ford f150 and know that there is water damage to these componets. I have several questions however. 1. if I can clean the original fuse box/gem module, does the truck still have to be reprogrammed after it is replaced. if so, can it be driven to do so? 2. if i have to go new instead of cleaning them i know it will have to be programmed. however, can it be driven as well to have it taken to a shop.

If it can not be driven without being reprogrammed it kinda defeats the purpose of doing it yourself. Thanks for your help. I have been able to find out a lot bout this matter.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Post Fiend

1. No.
2. No.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:35 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Expedition & Navigator

Tags
1997, 2001, 98, excursion, expedition, f150, ford, fuse, fusebox, gem, lincoln, module, navigator, panel, replace