6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine

Rear camera

Old 04-27-2010, 04:31 PM
EpicCowlick
Post Fiend
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Good question. I'll bet a camper would block the roof-mounted antenna. The campers usually extend way over the cab. You would probably need some type of an extender for the antenna.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:16 PM
radzer0
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know on my old denali the antenna had a connector directly under it. So I would guess on that kinda part all the companys would use the same supplier. Would make it easily extendable.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Powelligator
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First, we've got *two* different antennas to consider here - the GPS antenna for the navigation system and the satellite radio antenna for Sirius. My experience with the Ford Flex is that the Sirius antenna is on the rear center of the roof, about a mile or so from the radio head unit. I've seen Fusions with similar antennas so I'm kind of thinking that the "corporate location" is Roof, Center, Rear. I know that gm puts the antennas in a plastic enclosure above the driver's forehead. On my Jeep the GPS antenna for the factory nav system is under the dash adjacent to the head unit itself and the Sirius antenna is above the driver's head. So these things can be anywhere...

My earlier point is that if they follow the Flex antenna positioning, the overhang on the camper will block reception totally. The brochure I have in front of me has no photos of any sort of antenna on the several trucks pictured. If it's under the roof, then it's under the sheet metal.

Joseph

Old 04-27-2010, 07:34 PM
radzer0
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The antenna is a all in one unit im pretty sure. I only have 1. Its in line with the roof lights, so on a roof light picture vehicle you could get it mixed up with them.

Search this Thread