Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Senior User

pilgrimbizket is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch View Post
run the long red wire that's all by itself as the power daisy chained. Run the red wire from fuse number 4(warning buzzer, instrument illumination, etc..) and daisy chain it up the guages. run the orange wire w/ the black tracer from the Pot. to the number 10 fuse(instrument illumination). running those like that will allow you to use the pot to set the maximum brightness of the guages, then use your factory dimmer switch to dim the EV2's with the factory dash guages.

How do I join the wire to the fuse?

fuse #10 and 4, Does each fuse have a numerical slot? OR are you referencing to fuse with a 4 and 10 on it. Because there are 2 fuses with a 10 on them.
97 F250, EC/LB, 138,000, 4x4, Auto, 4.10ls, 35s, aFe Intake, 3" dp 4" NASCAR PIPED, DP-Tuner, 6.0 IC, Trucool Tranny cooler, Dieselsite Tranny Filter, Coolant Filter, ISSPRO EV2, HPX, E-Fuelz, and more...
California Edition
Old 08-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Post Fiend

superduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud ofsuperduty4x4 has much to be proud of
When I installed my EV2's I tapped into the back side of the fuse box for the dimmer and for the power. My gauges dim with the factory gauges and I see no need for the optional Isspro dimmer from my experience. YMMV.
PAA Member #2
97 F350 CCLB 4x4 PSD
96 F350 CCLB 4x4 PSD - totaled 4/17/11 and sorely missed
God speed PaysonPSD, you will be missed
ThumperTalk / All Things Moto! / Back Country Rebels / SAWS / BRC
Old 08-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Posting Guru

mjunk1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.mjunk1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
@gadsdenfree
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrimbizket View Post
How do I join the wire to the fuse?

fuse #10 and 4, Does each fuse have a numerical slot? OR are you referencing to fuse with a 4 and 10 on it. Because there are 2 fuses with a 10 on them.
They make a fake fuse that you can run your wire into and then plug into the slot. I think they make one that kind of slides in with existing fuses in place too. Your basic parts store will have them.

Dan
1996 F350 XLT CCLB 7.3 PSD, 3" RSK lift, 6637, DP to straight exhaust, Edge Evolution (soon to be removed), 33's, TransGo Tugger kit, IH water pump, Beans eFuel..... next up ->Stage 1's, SD HPOP and DP Infinity
1990 Harley Davidson FLTHCU "beater bagger"
Old 08-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Post Fiend

strokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjunk1 View Post
They make a fake fuse that you can run your wire into and then plug into the slot. I think they make one that kind of slides in with existing fuses in place too. Your basic parts store will have them.
Yup... It's called a fuse tap.. It slides over the blade of the fuse, re-install the fuse and it has a blade sticking out by the fuse for you to connect a spade end wire terminal to. By number 4 and 10 fuses I mean the number of the fuse in the interior fuse block. The fuse block cover has the numbers on it and what each fuse is for.
Travis- Death Row Diesel Inmate #7
1995 F-250 RC 2wd PSD ZF5- because race truck
2000 F-250 SC LB 4x4 ZF6- 4" TB, 6637, TW and Gearhead tunes, 160/100s, Driven Diesel in tank mods, pre/post pump filters, and RR w/ bowl delete
1994 F-150 4x4

Old 08-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Senior User

Thank you so much guys, my gauges are gauging!!!
Even though i was driving at night and they started to flicker a couple times, maybe a loose illumination wire?
97 F250, EC/LB, 138,000, 4x4, Auto, 4.10ls, 35s, aFe Intake, 3" dp 4" NASCAR PIPED, DP-Tuner, 6.0 IC, Trucool Tranny cooler, Dieselsite Tranny Filter, Coolant Filter, ISSPRO EV2, HPX, E-Fuelz, and more...
California Edition
Old 08-08-2013, 10:59 AM
Post Fiend

strokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to beholdstrokin'_tatsch is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrimbizket View Post
Thank you so much guys, my gauges are gauging!!!
Even though i was driving at night and they started to flicker a couple times, maybe a loose illumination wire?
Loose illumination, power, ground, or they aren't set bright enough. When you dim the LEDs down too much they will start to flicker.

Just the lights flashing or were the gauges turning off and on?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:38 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Loose illumination, power, ground, or they aren't set bright enough. When you dim the LEDs down too much they will start to flicker.

Just the lights flashing or were the gauges turning off and on?
The gauges still had power.
I think you hit it right on the money, w them being on too low of a brightness.
All wires seemes like good connections.
Ill take her for a spin tonight
Old 02-11-2014, 05:12 PM
Senior User

PAN is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
run the long red wire that's all by itself as the power daisy chained. Run the red wire from fuse number 4(warning buzzer, instrument illumination, etc..) and daisy chain it up the guages. run the orange wire w/ the black tracer from the Pot. to the number 10 fuse(instrument illumination). running those like that will allow you to use the pot to set the maximum brightness of the guages, then use your factory dimmer switch to dim the EV2's with the factory dash guages.
#4 isn't a 12v keyed power ignition source though... Its always on or hot on my 94 F350. Are the 95-97 trucks different ?
09 F-350 Lariat, Black, CC/LB SRW 6.4L, 4x4 Off Road, Moonroof, Audiophile, LED Light Bar, B&W Hitch, Tint ,Level Kit, LT-325-60-20 BFG AT's on 20x10 Dale Jr.'s , Custom 7 1/2 ft. Traction Bars, 5" DOC/DPF Delete, 6"x36" Mitre Stacks, Dash Daq, SCT Livewire, River , 311 Lope Sled Pull File. SDT 310 & 350
94 F350 RC/LB Black 7.3 IDI Turbo 5 Speed 4x4 Off Road
ATS 093 3" dp, 4" duals, BB's, 100cc Pump
Old 02-11-2014, 05:12 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
73l, boost, clock, dimmer, ev2, gauge, gauges, harness, install, insterll, instructions, isspro, lighting, night, potentiometer, view, wiring