West Virginia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: 5_labsownus

ok, i have a sob story, but I really need to vent!

Old 04-27-2010, 08:55 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
ok, i have a sob story, but I really need to vent!

back on July 31, 2004, my Daddy offered her to me.....that was always my favorite truck out of all of them that he ever owned, and he knew it......it wasnt going to cost me anything, NOT A DIME.....no strings attached......I never asked Daddy for anything, ever, unless there was no other way......unlike my lying, cheating, thieving siblings

well, another difference between myself and 'them' is that I have morals and Daddy gave me a great set of standards to live by......ALWAYS be polite, ALWAYS be courteous, ALWAYS do your best, ALWAYS help others, ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS love like today is the last day of your life, NEVER touch what isnt yours, NEVER take more than you need, NEVER put off for tomorrow what can be done today.......

that being said......I was a single momma, I had six children aged 14 and under, and I loved my Daddy more than anything in life........

so, as we stood out in the church parking lot, waiting for my baby brothers wedding to start, he offered me the truck, I said "in my heart, I cannot take it, it will not be functional for my family" and he looked at me funny......he laughed and said, "I am serious, if you want it, it is yours".....to which I replied, "for me to take it would be selfish, it wouldnt be who I am , or how you raised me".....he looked at me, took me in his arms, and said "Tink, I dont know what I am gonna do with you"

after the ceremony, we all went to the rec center complex for the reception.....he stopped me in the parking lot and once again offered me the truck.....once again, I turned him down.....he said "I wont offer it again, when we go inside I will give the keys to Travis" I hugged him, kissed his cheek, and told him I loved him.....

we went inside and he gave my baby brother the truck as a wedding gift........

one week later, Aug 7, 2004, we went to our family reunion, last one was 5 years previous, and this was the first one Daddy went to since 1989.....and it was HIS family......

one week later, Aug 15, 2004, my Daddy left me........

I regretted not taking the truck......but it was all for selfish reasoning......IF I HAD KNOWN......ONLY IF I HAD KNOWN.....

2 years later, my baby brother decided to trade in Daddys truck for a brand new stang.......he went to our brothers dealership and traded her in.....at that point our brother called yet another brother and told him that our baby brother just traded her in, and he went and bought her.....

when I got my refund check this year, I offered to buy her from him, just as I have every year.....and he once again said "I dont want to sell her".....NOW......this past weekend......the nasty, skanky, dirty, crooked, good-for-nothing low-life decided he wants to sell her......he tells me that he has changed his mind.....he's asking 5k for her, and she is worth every penny, but I am sure I could talk him down to 4k.....I even offered to make $300 a month payments, but he wants cash up front.....DONT WE ALL????

why not get a loan, you ask? I am divorced.....ex was a freaking moron.....NUFF SAID~~~~

of course, I would like nothing more than to have her, make my home hers, and take care of her.....she should have been mine anyways.....I loved the truck so much when it was Daddys truck.....

but, the problem NOW is that I dont have the refund check....I was told no, shot down.....so, I spent my money on my babies, we had a GREAT spring break.....and they all got new clothes......

well, I guess that is the end of the story, he told me I had until the end of the week and then he would offer her up to the general public.....I cant come up with that kind of money......but I wont tell him that, he will wait until the end of the week for my answer, even though I already know.....

thanks for listening......I appreciate it.....just needed to vent~~

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Old 04-27-2010, 10:11 PM
grandpa'sprideandjoy
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like he needs to grow up and be a man and do his sister right he would be stupid to turn down a guarranteed $300 a month payment

Old 04-27-2010, 11:15 PM
kenjh
Posting Guru
wouda' shouda' ,couda'...you made a choice you know it was the right one you couda taken it it was wrong then ,you shouda accepted it gracefully when it was offerd you knew better....you wouda done nothing differant because you know how things turn out..and yes your brother is a twit...but you knew that too ..right?

Old 04-29-2010, 05:22 AM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by grandpa'sprideandjoy
sounds like he needs to grow up and be a man and do his sister right he would be stupid to turn down a guarranteed $300 a month payment
thanks, Jason.....

Originally Posted by kenjh
wouda' shouda' ,couda'...you made a choice you know it was the right one you couda taken it it was wrong then ,you shouda accepted it gracefully when it was offerd you knew better....you wouda done nothing differant because you know how things turn out..and yes your brother is a twit...but you knew that too ..right?
Ken, you are right, I wouldnt have done anything any different....

I am not asking to be given the truck....I dont expect anything for free, as NOTHING IS FREE....I have earned everything that is mine.....all I am wanting is for him to work with me, after all, I have offered to purchase every year faithfully and then he wants to sell after he KNOWS the money is gone......he is just being a jerk!! It is just a way that he can hurt me.....he hasnt been able to hurt me for years, but he knows this will get to me.....

oh, well.....que sera sera.....

I will survive, life will go on........

was really just wanting to vent.....get it off my chest.....and move on~~~

{{{{{hugs}}}}}

Old 04-29-2010, 06:59 AM
kenjh
Posting Guru
so you are better now..we know you need a shoulder to thump now and then..better then crying on one eh??wish I could give you the hug you need...

Old 04-29-2010, 07:52 PM
1975StroppeBaja
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hear about that Tammie. Wish you could get your Daddy's truck somehow

Old 04-29-2010, 08:21 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by kenjh
so you are better now..we know you need a shoulder to thump now and then..better then crying on one eh??wish I could give you the hug you need...
THANKS, Ken....I appreciate the thoughts....especially the {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Originally Posted by 1975StroppeBaja
Sorry to hear about that Tammie. Wish you could get your Daddy's truck somehow
Me, too.....Me, too.....

I will tell him this weekend to go ahead and sell her, if that is his wish.....
then the deed will be done, and I can get on with it~~~

Old 04-29-2010, 08:21 PM
PreciousOne
Post Fiend
double double dang dang post post