Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-23-2010, 02:48 PM
Senior User

SturgeonHunter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Stock Stereo - How Many Watts?

2004 F250 6.0 PSD - Lariat
AM/FM/Casette/Single CD

How much power does the stock stereo have? It is NOT the premium sound package as far as I know. There are four speakers in total.

Thanks!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:22 PM

Toreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputationToreador_Diesel has a superb reputation
Usually 80 watts...
Excursion & 6.7 Forum Mod Death Row Inmate #21
Black Beauty The Mighty 6.0: 2005 Ford Excursion Limited, 4wd "The 6.0" Bulletproofed by Powerstroke Enginuities Straight pipe, Atlas 40, Heavily RiffRaff'd, and Gearheaded
Big Red Beast The Mighty Excursion: 2001 Ford Excursion Limited, 2wd, "The 7.3" Built with blood and sweat by Me and Riffraff Diesel, heavily modded, also Gearheaded
FTE Guidelines
Old 04-23-2010, 04:42 PM
Postmaster

mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.
If I'm not mistaken, the stock uses regular transistors rather than FET's, so in reality, the maximum usable musical output is about 10-14 watts per channel.
'99 F250 V10 Super Cab Long Bed 4x4. '06 short block, PI conversion, modded airbox, 5 Star custom tune, FM50BB, 315/75-16 GY Duratracs, mild lift, 4.30 LSD, Ride-Rite bags, on board air, Rancho RS9000 w/MyRide, under bed subwoofer, 160 amp Quick Start large case alternator
Why, yes, I am some kind of geek engineer. Thank you for asking.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:28 PM
Elder User

radzer0 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwsF250 View Post
If I'm not mistaken, the stock uses regular transistors rather than FET's, so in reality, the maximum usable musical output is about 10-14 watts per channel.
Heres a comparison for u guys. I had a 2006 mustang with the plain non shaker 500 system. It was putting out between 4-6watts per channel before clipping. I would guess the internals of that setup were the same just a diffrent faceplate on the unit.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Postmaster

mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.mwsF250 has a great reputation on FTE.
4-6 watts sounds very likely. The 10-14 is the maximum possible using laws of physics.

The key point is that it you are talking typical transistor based amp, the "80 watts" or whatever so many manufacturers claim is maximum theoretical electronic output (re: NOISE), which is very different from music.
'99 F250 V10 Super Cab Long Bed 4x4. '06 short block, PI conversion, modded airbox, 5 Star custom tune, FM50BB, 315/75-16 GY Duratracs, mild lift, 4.30 LSD, Ride-Rite bags, on board air, Rancho RS9000 w/MyRide, under bed subwoofer, 160 amp Quick Start large case alternator
Why, yes, I am some kind of geek engineer. Thank you for asking.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Elder User

Anybody here come accross any info for the 2011 premium sound package wattage would be nice. I dont wanna take my door panels off because i already have a panel noise from the back seat. When my speakers die ill upgrade them. So i think i got another 6 months to a year. But i made sure this time around i got all the options i wanted so that i can keep it for a long time. Only thing i regret not having is the rapid heat. But very few get that down here.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:33 PM
Senior User

SturgeonHunter is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwsF250 View Post
4-6 watts sounds very likely. The 10-14 is the maximum possible using laws of physics.

The key point is that it you are talking typical transistor based amp, the "80 watts" or whatever so many manufacturers claim is maximum theoretical electronic output (re: NOISE), which is very different from music.
What can the stock speakers handle?
How hard is it to add more power (amp) to a factory setup? Am I better off replacing the stock head w/ aftermarket and an amp? I don't want to blow the windows out, but I would like beter response and more thump.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:38 PM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SturgeonHunter View Post
What can the stock speakers handle?
How hard is it to add more power (amp) to a factory setup? Am I better off replacing the stock head w/ aftermarket and an amp? I don't want to blow the windows out, but I would like beter response and more thump.
Ive done it all diffrent ways. If you just want good and loud. I did this on my sky.

Replace the stock radio with a nice pioneer premier unit. They have some of the best onboard amps out there. And put some nice door speakers in.

I personaly ONLY use crossfire. Ive been able to kill everything else in my listening styles but they sound great and dont cost much more than your normal brands (cheaper than JL)

Ive had stock bose systems and the factory speakers couldnt handle it. Not to mention your looking at 6 years of dryrot on what you have.

If your on a budget. Get some upgraded speakers and try them on your factory HU, you will be suprized just what a good set of 3 ways will do compared to old and dry speakers.

If your intrested in crossfire you can check on crossfirecaraudio.com and get a local dealer to talk too. They should be able to do the speakers at 80 or less a set for you to buy and install yourself.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:38 PM