Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2010, 04:07 PM
Senior User

n4aof is starting off with a positive reputation.
Rear Window Latch Problem

For some reason the plastic latch that is supposed to hold the sliding rear window shut on my 2004 F250 Crew Cab fell off. The latch was intact and I planned to glue it back on as soon as the weather warmed up enough for the glue to work. I planned on using the glue made for mounting inside rear view mirrors to the windshield. No glue works well when applied in really cold temperatures.

Unfortunately while I was waiting for warmer weather, my daughter managed to lose the plastic latch (which I had left in the glove compartment).

Ok, so I need a new plastic latch.

I knew the dealership would want an arm and a leg for this 5 cent piece of plastic but I thought I'd check the price anyway -- but, of course, the Ford answer is "You can't buy just the part you need." Obviously I am not going to buy a whole new rear window assembly just to fix a missing latch.

My temporary answer is to treat it like a sliding door and just put something in the track to keep it from opening; but I'd like to come up with something that is a bit more convenient when I do want the window open.

Any suggestions??
Old 04-22-2010, 04:37 PM
Elder User

GUNNERDOG has a very good reputation on FTE.GUNNERDOG has a very good reputation on FTE.GUNNERDOG has a very good reputation on FTE.
Parts guy ed?

Junkyard?

You might be an engineer if ... the first thing you do with anything new is take it apart to figure out how it works.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:37 PM