1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

kinda off topic .. but i'm having fun treasure hunting !

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 09:07 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kinda off topic .. but i'm having fun treasure hunting !

as of late i've been getting a lot of hey i know where there's this and that and such . obviously i've found my recent 52, and now i got turned onto a place on my mail route that i let someone here know about , where the fella is supposed to have a BUNCH of old larger trucks , weird ones, of never before makes matt say's , some with wooden spoke wheels . i and a buddy have to go south of town here and get a personal tour and shot at parts and cars another secretive old gent has stashed in a 250 -300 foot long by large barn a treasure trove i'm told . i've known about him just haven't been there as they say he's "funny" . i'm trying to figure out what dennis did to butter his bread ?????????????? oh well we get to go in that's the important thing !!!!!!!!!! found a 55 - 56 chevy 2 door suburban in plain site damaged body from a tornado last year but it's really salvageable , and an early 60's shortbed sitting with it . found another early 60's stepside in chatham with an beautiful bed on it that i'm told might be for sale . i need the bed for bessie !!!!! found a 70 buick stage 1 gs in another top secret location so don't ask !!! red w/ black top , and black interior , and it's just going on and on . damn i need leno's money to spend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! did i mention the big **** late 40's running and shiny chevy wrecker .... i know it's a chev but it's old so therefore cool !!!!!!!!!!!!oh and a studebaker silver hawk on a farm and ................................................

Old 04-22-2010, 01:08 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 261 Likes on 215 Posts
I envy guys like Kevin and Josh Madsen. Their work takes them off the beaten path a lot which allows them to stumble across such treasures. True "pickers".

Kevin - I'll see the buddy I mentioned this weekend and ask him if he knows anything about the stash in Berlin. Stu

Old 04-22-2010, 05:11 PM
59flatbedford
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea i used to go out and spend the whole day driving around on dirt roads. found neat stuff and checked on a lot of it and been told i could have it as long as i take the other 10 tons of scrap with it. if i only had the time and the room.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:02 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah let me know stu !! i'm curious as hades about the wooden spoked ones !!!!!!!!! can't afford anything else right now but sure am curious !!!!!!! yep 59 it is fun but my job allows me to run around on county and state routes and find a lot of stuff and everybody knows i'm an addict and have become enabler's by telling me 'bout things they know of or see .................... still waiting on my unk to vacate the place he and my aunt have by riverton with that big ol' building and move to texas so i can buy it and finally not have to worry bout a place or getting rid of anything . if your familiar with the area stu the place i speak of is roger bricklers old body shop .................