Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-03-2010, 01:20 AM
Carpenter Local 745

khadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud of
I know what to do with this!

Click the image to open in full size.

I plan to chop this up and make this a light bar to hold 4 Hella lights.

Similar to this

http://www.randyellisdesign.com/FORD..._3_640X480.jpg

I also have to design in a place to use as a lift point for my Hilift jack and double as a step to gain access to the engine compartment.

Stay tuned......................

Join the Hawai'i chapter *HERE*
Old 06-16-2010, 01:24 PM
Carpenter Local 745

khadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud ofkhadma has much to be proud of
Next to free speaker harness

I am finishing up installing my new speakers into the Bronco.

I donʻt know if anyone else has reused their OEM speaker parts, but here is what I did.

OEM speaker with connector that can be reused.
I used a soldering iron to unsweat the wires from the connector.

Here is the connector that is free from the speaker. I also cut back the
metal area where the wires attatch to the connector.

Soldering new wires and making a harness is a snap, I wrapped electrical
tape around the harness for safe keeping.
Harness soldered to the new speaker.
New speaker in stock location
Removing the grille and giving it a fresh coat of paint made a big difference
in the appearance. Soon the black grilles will match the new black vinyl flooring in the Bronco.
Grille before
Grille after

Reusing the stock connector saved me at least 30.00 on two sets of harnesses. Also I would have had to wait at least a week for the parts to make it here.

At least a small part of my Bronco is going "green".

Old 06-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Postmaster

greyghost85 has a good reputation on FTE.greyghost85 has a good reputation on FTE.
sweeet........
Old 06-16-2010, 04:45 PM
Carpenter Local 745

Quick Tip

On replacing my two front speakers, the mounting points of the new aftermarket speakers did not line up with the OEM mounting points.

So I bought 8 new #10 x 3/4 self tappings screws to install the new speakers and I reused the OEM speaker screws to reinstall the door panel.

The OEM speaker screws are Torx heads with a larger washer.
These screws work perfectly around the lower door pocket on the door panel.

This worked out for me because over the years I managed to lose most of my lower door panel screws and all that time the passenger door panel was flopping around like a flag on a windy day.

No more floppy door panels for me, and with that I got some pretty good sounds in the Bronco.

I still think I need to find a place for a sub woofer - any ideas? (I need the cargo room behind the rear seat)

Old 06-16-2010, 07:44 PM
Postmaster

muscletruck7379 has a good reputation on FTE.muscletruck7379 has a good reputation on FTE.muscletruck7379 has a good reputation on FTE.
now that is what i'm talking about, devils in the details.

I always wondered about a small sub inside of the little in the back by the gate, but it doesnnt leave much room to build a proper box.
1984 mercury capri, 5.0 conversion, my little monster...
1961 ford falcon, all stock, in family since '68
Old 06-25-2010, 03:41 AM
Carpenter Local 745

Tint removal

We finally were able to make an appointment to get the Bronco tint replaced.

So far I was able to strip the old tint off the 3 rear windows on the Bronco.

The back window has defroster lines on it, and the removal of the tint was a pain.

I was able to peel most of the tint off and the use of a razor scraper allowed me the remove the tint near the defroster lines.

The process took about an hour for the rear glass and an hour for the two side windows on the back.

I will post pictures of pre tint and post tint - I plan to use 5% on the 3 rear windows and 35% on the front windows and wind wings.

Tint removed

After tint

Last edited by khadma; 06-25-2010 at 02:28 PM. Reason: photos
Old 06-25-2010, 09:01 PM
Postmaster

rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.rollerstud98 has a great reputation on FTE.
A little late now, but when I had to remove tint from my old truck I found getting it started a bit and then spraying windex underneath of it worked great, softened up the glue pretty good.
Old 06-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Carpenter Local 745

I wanted to avoid any cleaners that may have ammonia in it since new tint will be installed tomorrow.

I did use soapy water to get most of the glue off.

The tint installer will do a final cleaning tomorrow using acetone and a Brillo pad. (Iʻll leave the final cleaning to the pros, I know most of them are particular about the glass surface)

Thanks for your pointer though rollerstud98, I am sure someone will pick up on that tip.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:28 AM
Freshman User

Balian is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey Bra!!

Just wanted to say, nice job man!!!
Are you going to put some lights pointing to the rear? Incase of late night canoe extractions?
I really like the orange color of your canoe trailer
Old 06-28-2010, 03:40 PM
Carpenter Local 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balian View Post
Hey Bra!!

Just wanted to say, nice job man!!!
Are you going to put some lights pointing to the rear? Incase of late night canoe extractions?
I really like the orange color of your canoe trailer
Yes, I have the lights, all I have to do is create some brackets. I will do a write up on the light install.

Thanks

Old 06-29-2010, 07:15 PM
Carpenter Local 745

One great point about installing a center seat from a Superduty.

The rear mounting points of the center seat falls on the factory reinforcement
brackets(channel) for the stock seatbelts. I was able to secure the new center seat and center seatbelt with peace of mind. The use of 1-1/4" x 7/16" grade 8 bolts, washers and nyloc nuts tied up the install.

Iʻll get more pictures of the center seat after/during the installation of the vinyl flooring.

The center seat forward mounting bracket had to be modified. Pictures will
show how the bracket was cut.

Old 06-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Post Fiend

greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.greystreak92 has a great reputation on FTE.
Nice thing about all Bronco floors from at least 92 up, they had the holes (threaded and everything) for both the bucket and bench seats and seat belts. Gives you a lot more mounting options for projects like this.

Big Bronco FAQ's

Old 06-29-2010, 09:00 PM
Carpenter Local 745

It makes the modifications very simple, not to mention the large cabin space which makes life even easier.

The folded center seat makes a comfortable arm rest. I seems like I am locked into the driverʻs seat, almost NASCAR like now.

I canʻt wait to cover all the seats with Wet Okole seat covers.
Since the price tag for these covers are pretty steep, I have to save up a little
more coin for this item on the wishlist.

I think the next project will be the new flooring. It may take my wife, my son and I to tackle the project. I bet it will take a whole day to complete. I am not looking forward to cutting all the holes in the vinyl.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:04 PM
The Brown Mod

Encho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant futureEncho has a brilliant future
I hate you for making me NEED one of those seats... damn... it will be hard to get one of those around here...
My Write-ups: Ford Steering Box Rebuild / Ford Front End Rebuild and auto hubs replacement / Ford Rear Drum Brakes / Ford E4OD Cooler & Shift Kit mods, drain-refill procedures R.I.P. Steve, you will be deeply missed my friend
Old 06-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Carpenter Local 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encho View Post
I hate you for making me NEED one of those seats... damn... it will be hard to get one of those around here...
Six people fit nice and comfy in the FSB now, and everyone has a seatbelt.

Old 06-29-2010, 09:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Bronco > 1978 - 1996 Big Bronco

Tags
2002, 21, bronco, build, building, canoe, dolly, early, escape, ford, jump, outrigger, street, trailer, truck