Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2010, 09:19 AM
New User

Pasadena F-250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think its Electrical? Can you help?

I have an issue with my 03 F-250 5.4Liter. I think it might be electrical. The truck will not go into reverse it makes a grinding sound like the parking dog is not totally disengaging, it will go into drive but sometimes when you let off the gas it makes the same rubbing/grinding sound but not as severe. Also the 4x4 will not work it will not even attempt to go into 4x4 high or low no lights come on or anything. Also when you turn the key into the acc power position the ABS kicks on for a second. This all started after i washed and degreased under the hood of my truck. is there a connection in the wiring harness under the hood that may have a common connection to the 4x4, ABS,or transmission if so what connection is it. i am going to pull all the plugs apart and inspect for water or other damage? The truck is in excellent shape and only has 55,000 miles on it.The tranny fluid is good and the linkage looks ok. again this happened suddenly after washing under the hood of the truck, with no prior warning or issues. any suggestions or advice??
Old 04-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Post Fiend

Surge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to beholdSurge08 is a splendid one to behold
PowerStrokSurge
Nevermind........
2003 Suzuki Intruder GLP1400

Old 04-21-2010, 04:18 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
As I tried to answer your problem on the phone, I won't repeat it here....just stop by and tell us what fixed it! OR if you needed an excuse to buy a new truck..... you got it!

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 04-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Ok...just talked to him on the phone..... it was the two relays under the hood....they filled with water from him spraying in there. Once he pulled the relays, he said water poured out of the connection. Auto Zone only had two relays in stock and he got them. Once plugged in, everything started working...once he reconnected the ground lead to the battery.

I had told him it HAD to be a blown fuse or a bad relay.... I was wrong...it was TWO shorted repays.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:53 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

jr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
Ok...just talked to him on the phone..... it was the two relays under the hood....they filled with water from him spraying in there. Once he pulled the relays, he said water poured out of the connection. Auto Zone only had two relays in stock and he got them. Once plugged in, everything started working...once he reconnected the ground lead to the battery.

I had told him it HAD to be a blown fuse or a bad relay.... I was wrong...it was TWO shorted repays.
way to go Bud-good looking out~~~~
member of the Boy you ain't Right club #4
President of the crap shooters club
Join the Maryland Chapter click HERE
Old 04-24-2010, 04:39 PM
New User

Pasadena F-250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bad Cap install

What must have happened was when the cap was installed in my truck they ran a wire behind that relay box for the cap light and they clipped it back on upside down so all the water collected in the relay casing instead of just running off. im glad i found out the way i did instead of being camping up in the mountains and had it happened there.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:10 PM
Posting Legend

That sucks!!! But you are right!!! MUCH better now than such as you say! You'd better hope they did not do any more 'modifications' !!!!

Old 04-24-2010, 05:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter

Tags
2003, f250, grinding, making, reverse, sound, wont