Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-01-2010, 05:24 PM
New User

vairman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Finished up last night

I finished the install yesterday. I basically did the same install as SENIX but connected direct to the battery with a 30 amp fuse and connected to a switch and then to the compressor.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Postmaster

Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.Kajtek1 has a very good reputation on FTE.
I don't have the manual, but my compressor works on 10 amp supply.
Still think hooking up via ignition relay would be wise idea. If you forget to turn it off and you have air leak -that will drain the battery if the compressor will not burn before. Those compressors are design for like 20% duty.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Freshman User

RedNNBlue is starting off with a positive reputation.
Spinella, I see that you mounted your compressor behind the seat. How's that working for you?
I just got a Viair 350C compressor and 5 gal tank to install for the new bags and horn.
I have an '02 F-250 Ext-Cab, and am thinking that I want the compressor behind the back seat also. I'm a little concerned about the heat from the compressor though. Is it going to get hot enough to worry about? I think the top of the compressor will touch some of the fabric on the back of the seat panel.
Any help or advice anyone has will be appreciated.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:21 PM
Postmaster

spinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to beholdspinella is a splendid one to behold
i'm having no problems with it mounted back there. (second truck i did this on) my truck is a crew cab so i'm not sure how much room you have. here in n.y. we have road salt and i dont think that little commpressor would last very long if i mounted outside the cab. i dont think you would have any trouble. i'll take a picture when i get a minute and i'll post it.

2008 lariet 18" wheels*s&b air filter*5 star x2 tuner*front hidden hitch*6.0 trans cooler*autometer trans temp gauge*superlift leveling kit*rear firestone airbags*ARE cap*unity pillar spotlight
Old 10-27-2010, 01:46 AM
Freshman User

RedNNBlue is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks for the help!
I'm not sure about the difference in the back seats either. I kinda thought they'd be the same back piece, but could be wrong. Mine has 2 or 3 clips on the top that slid into slots just under the rear window and 2 brackets on the rear wall that some rectangular pieces of the seat back frame latch into. There's only a few inches of room back there. I did speak with someone from TrainHornsofTexas.com that sold me the compressor and tank. They said the pump could probably be okay underneath and better with the filter inside, but recommend the entire pump be installed inside if possible. They also said that the compressor shouldn't get hot enough to cause any concern.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:36 PM
Junior User

Wildcat Fan is starting off with a positive reputation.
senix - Any details you can share regarding what you did with the fuel lines on the driver's side? I'm in the middle of installing mine and am working on the driver's side. Just not sure how much play there really is with the fuel lines. The install kit came with a bracket, but it's not clear where I would even use it. Did you just push the lines out of the way? In order to do anything, it looks like I need to remove the clip holding them in place (not sure of this plastic clip is reusable - appears to be a press fit into the frame. Can I just pull it out of the frame hole?). I appreciate any insight.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:57 PM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Fan View Post
senix - Any details you can share regarding what you did with the fuel lines on the driver's side? I'm in the middle of installing mine and am working on the driver's side. Just not sure how much play there really is with the fuel lines. The install kit came with a bracket, but it's not clear where I would even use it. Did you just push the lines out of the way? In order to do anything, it looks like I need to remove the clip holding them in place (not sure of this plastic clip is reusable - appears to be a press fit into the frame. Can I just pull it out of the frame hole?). I appreciate any insight.
You can just pull it out of the hole and then push it back in. Other than that nothing else had to be moved that I recall.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 09-08-2013, 07:01 AM
Senior User

Dascro58 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Scott,

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. I'm in the process of installing these airbags on my 2010 F-250. Do you recall if you used the fuel line relocation bracket included in the kit or did you just remove the fuel line retaining clip to allow enough room to install the upper air bag bracket and then put the fuel line clip back in the original location/hole in the frame?

Thanks,

Dave

2015 F-350, KR, CC, SB, 6.7l, 3.55 EL, 18" tires
2011 Coleman TT, 32 ft, one slide, ~7,500 lbs ready to camp
Old 09-08-2013, 07:10 AM

senix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputationsenix has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dascro58 View Post
Scott,

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. I'm in the process of installing these airbags on my 2010 F-250. Do you recall if you used the fuel line relocation bracket included in the kit or did you just remove the fuel line retaining clip to allow enough room to install the upper air bag bracket and then put the fuel line clip back in the original location/hole in the frame?

Thanks,

Dave
Used the original fuel line clips. I just removed it to allow access then put it back.

I ran my airlines along in inside frame rail all the way to the skinny pedal with the fuel lines as well.

Previous Truck 2008 F250 6.4 with lots of upgrades and a suspension upgrade from Torklift International StableLoads
Old 09-08-2013, 07:27 AM
Senior User

Thank you for the quick, helpful response Scott. Especially to an old thread and for recalling something you did three years ago. Impressive!

Dave

Old 09-08-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Thank you for the quick, helpful response Scott. Especially to an old thread and for recalling something you did three years ago. Impressive!

Dave
You're lucky as I just sold the truck last week for a 2013 dually.

But I was under it removing my CCV mod.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:46 AM
Senior User

They say timing is everything. . It worked for me this time.

Your new truck is very nice! Do you think you'll put airbags on the dually?

Old 09-08-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
They say timing is everything. . It worked for me this time.

Your new truck is very nice! Do you think you'll put airbags on the dually?
Not at this time.

With the camper package and the duals plus over loads I only lost two inches when hooked up.

But then again I did not have a full load in the 5er yet.

Maybe only 20 gal of water...but I hold 100.
Attached Images

Old 09-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Senior User

That is a very nice looking set-up you have there. Very nice!

I installed the airbags on my truck today. The install wasn't too bad at all. Your experience and input on simply putting the fuel lines back in their original position made the install much more straight forward, IMO.

Enjoy that new truck and camper!

Dave

Old 09-08-2013, 05:52 PM

Congrats on the install. You will find them quite useful.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:52 PM